The Doom and Gloom Warnings have Begun

Microsoft released the final security patch for Windows 10 versions 20H2 and 1909 so of course most everyone is pushing the Win 11 upgrade.
I just went back to Win 10 and I'm on version 1909.........
Why did you go back to 10? Was there an issue with 11?

Microsoft released the final security patch for Windows 10 versions 20H2 and 1909 so of course most everyone is pushing the Win 11 upgrade.
I just went back to Win 10 and I'm on version 1909.........

Is it too late to say that I'm still running Windows XP? Or at least as a secondary OS in my Mac to run some good old IBM programs. Last PC I bought had Windows 7 in it and it sucked such big donkey balls, I just bought a Mac.

Why did you go back to 10? Was there an issue with 11?
First off there were some minor changes I simply found annoying but mostly a couple of my favorite Steam games would not work properly with Win 11 so I wanted to see if they still worked in Win 10. They did but since I installed the AMD Radeon controller I'm starting to see some minor problems in those games again. May be the Radeon controller that was the problem and not Win 11, I'll check it out later this evening. If it turns out to be the Radeon software I'll reinstall Win 11 and see how it goes with out the Radeon controller.

Is it too late to say that I'm still running Windows XP? Or at least as a secondary OS in my Mac to run some good old IBM programs. Last PC I bought had Windows 7 in it and it sucked such big donkey balls, I just bought a Mac.
Everybody has their favorites. Run what OS you want, I don't care.

Take Quickbooks.
If you have the 2011 Quickbooks... just one year old... and install Win 11 - you are at risk of some things not working and no more security upgrades. Only Quickbooks 2022 Pro or Enterprise is certified to run on Win 11.
Another HUGE one - Adobe products. There are currently 14 known "serious" problems listed on the Adobe site.
Even if you have the latest upgrades, listed problems are "speed degradation" - "Improper display and resolution" - "many elements in Illustrator and Photoshop do not work".

If you install Windows 11 and use any software that doesn't come with Windows... you are risking making that software either not work, or speed reduction and other elements of the program simply not work.

Me - no way no how am I upgrading till at the least another year.

Microsoft's business model is to keep outdating software so the masses have to keep purchasing new licences. If you have Word, Excel etc.. in past Windows Operating Systems, they no longer work and you have to subscribe/licence the newer version.

Lotus stop installing a couple of operating systems ago, Excel etc.. then needed a subscription, so I use OpenOffice.

It's a throwaway society, and you even feel hardware is programmed to last a handful of years before giving up the ghost.

Microsoft's business model is to keep outdating software so the masses have to keep purchasing new licences. If you have Word, Excel etc.. in past Windows Operating Systems, they no longer work and you have to subscribe/licence the newer version.

Lotus stop installing a couple of operating systems ago, Excel etc.. then needed a subscription, so I use OpenOffice.

It's a throwaway society, and you even feel hardware is programmed to last a handful of years before giving up the ghost.
Laptop batteries are the biggest culprit.
The reason I have replaced the last 3 laptops is batteries. They go from lasting for hours.... to maybe an hour... to 30 minutes...to nothing unless your laptop is plugged in.

Win 10 didn't come out that long ago. They usually have patches and upgrades for 10 years before they stop.

Seems like nobody wants Win 11 so they are pushing it with the early termination of help for Win 10.

Well, fuck them.

Forum List

Back