The despicable Jen Psaki links the police shooting of the knife wielding 16 year old to "police violence"

Wrong.
It was NOT at all a good shooting.
First of all, the intended victim of the knifing was right behind the woman with the knife.
A slight miss and the bullets would have killed the intended victim instead of the knife wielder.
Second is that firing a warning shot would likely have gotten the 16 year old with the knife to turn around, seen all the cops with guns, and dropped the knife.
And regardless if one has to shoot or not, no more than 1 shot should ever be fired.
The cluster of shots training is for a sure kill from the military, and is totally inappropriate for police.
If you can't do all that is needed with one shot, then you are doing something wrong.
And in this case, the police should have been closing in as fast as possible.
Cops aren't trained to fire "warning shots", Stupid.

She was attempting to murder a young girl and got killed. Occupational hazard.

Cops used to be, should be, and warning shots are so obviously crucial that no one should need to be trained to do it.
A shot is very loud and impossible to ignore.

We do not know her intent.
Murder with a knife is not very easy unless you have surprise.
So you think you know more than every law enforcement agency ever?

Got it.
Well what we do is freeze the action, get the social worker out to talk to the person inches away from killing the victim, then start the action up again as the perp walks calmly away with the police.

Wrong.
First of all, the intended victim of the knifing was right behind the woman with the knife.
A slight miss and the bullets would have killed the intended victim instead of the knife wielder.
Second is that firing a warning shot would likely have gotten the 16 year old with the knife to turn around, seen all the cops with guns, and dropped the knife.
And regardless if one has to shoot or not, no more than 1 shot should ever be fired.
The cluster of shots training is for a sure kill from the military, and is totally inappropriate for police.
If you can't do all that is needed with one shot, then you are doing something wrong.

Cops used to be, should be, and warning shots are so obviously crucial that no one should need to be trained to do it.

Got it.
Well what we do is freeze the action, get the social worker out to talk to the person inches away from killing the victim, then start the action up again as the perp walks calmly away with the police.
This is libber logic at its best.

A "child" with a knife trying to commit murder

Yup. I wonder what that wonderkin would have to say if the police let that asshole knife someone?? I'd bet it would be hang the policeman for letting that happen.

You can't fix stupid.

Better the small risk of a knife than the absolute of 4 close range, hollow point shots, with a 40 S&W.
Depends on which end of the knife you are on.
An attempted murderer was shot and killed. Occupational hazard.

A knife attack is not necessarily attempted murder.
The girl in pink could have had a knife as well and started it, for all we know.
But the cop was not the one at risk, so it does not depend on which end of the knife at all.
Nor was 4 fatal shots necessary.
For example, a warning shot was most likely to be successful.

I love how Psaki triggers the losers.

And I especially love her FAFO face. You'd think the fascists would learn, upon seing that face, that they shouldn't try pushing their loaded propaganda questions, given the whupping that they're in for. But they always do, and she always humiliates them.
Most of the so-called "journalists" at her press conferences are leftwingers, moron.

Yup. I wonder what that wonderkin would have to say if the police let that asshole knife someone?? I'd bet it would be hang the policeman for letting that happen.

You can't fix stupid.

Better the small risk of a knife than the absolute of 4 close range, hollow point shots, with a 40 S&W.

The girl in pink could have had a knife as well and started it, for all we know.
But the cop was not the one at risk, so it does not depend on which end of the knife at all.
At the police academy they teach the cadets to shoot to kill.

I agree the kid with the knife was very unusual since the lights and siren should have been enough.
But no reason to shoot first before trying a warning shot, a club to the head or arm, etc.
Knives are almost never lethal.
Escalation was not warranted.
Especially not 4 shots.

The fact police are trained to shoot multiple times, double tap even, is awful.
The second shot is rushed and due to recoil from the first, has a very high probability of hitting an innocent person.
Without time to evaluate the first shot, the second shot pretty much guarantees a murder.
You might be able to justify that when the attacker has a gun, but not with a knife.
In fact, the police had no way to know the girl in pink was not armed and started the whole thing.
The one with the knife could have been the one doing the legal self defense for all the police knew.

Wrong because the victim had no weapon on her or when the police got there. Yes, people do die from being stabbed. In fact further south of Columbus, a 13 year old stabbed to death another 13 year old in Cincinnati Ohio on that very same day.

Police do not fire warning shots and never have. You shoot a bullet in the air it's liable to come down on somebody's head in another yard somewhere. The officer rightfully had to make a split second decision to save a life.

You can't fix stupid.

At the police academy they teach the cadets to shoot to kill.
Wing em! I saw Lucas McCain do it with his rifle on tv the other day certainly a cop could do it with a pistol.

Dickhead, did you watch the video? Where's our apology?

I'm supposed to apologize because you got triggered and pissy?

That's not how life works, snowflake.

Go on, stamp your widdle feet more. That will help.
Lol, an attempted murderer is dead. Would you rather the other girl to be dead today and the other to be in prison for life? Is that the outcome you prefer? The cop did the right thing.

We don't know it was attempted murder.
The girl in pink could have been armed and been the one to start it for all we know.

What outcome I prefer is a warning shot so that it would have stopped it and allowed a judge to deal with it instead of the undertaker.

She is the most idiotic, incompetent, dishonest White House Press Secretary I have seen in the last 20 years.

See? Triggered hard. That's the effect truth has on the Trump cult. And that's why we enjoy watching Psaki work.

Ofet3RDSldKvpwvWZchIpm7pnVjcnnxmwbY5VOqmPo0.jpg
We've never heard it from a Democrat.

Dickhead, did you watch the video? Where's our apology?

I'm supposed to apologize because you got triggered and pissy?

That's not how life works, snowflake.

Go on, stamp your widdle feet more. That will help.
Lol, an attempted murderer is dead. Would you rather the other girl to be dead today and the other to be in prison for life? Is that the outcome you prefer? The cop did the right thing.

We don't know it was attempted murder.
The girl in pink could have been armed and been the one to start it for all we know.

What outcome I prefer is a warning shot so that it would have stopped it and allowed a judge to deal with it instead of the undertaker.
You.....are........cuckoo.

Wrong.

Got it.

Seeing what most law enforcement agencies do, then obviously almost anyone knows more than any law enforcement agency.
For example, law enforcement agencies enforce Prohibition and the War on Drugs, and that clearly is illegal.
There is no legal means why which alcohol or drugs can be made illegal.

And if the cop did nothing and allowed the one girl to stab to death the other, the left would whip up a
firestorm of hate and lies condemning police one way or the other.

We are in a struggle with insane people. Anyone on these boards can tell you what that's like.
Millions of sick angry Maxine Waters clones. It's like the gates of Hell opened up.

We don't know who started it, why, or who was the main threat.
Nor are knives very lethal in untrained hands.
And the police had dozens of alternatives.
If nothing else, the 4 shots were overkill.
So you would be fine with it if he offed her with one shot.

Yes, that would have shown restraint.
4 shots shows wanton deliberate murder, as well as unjustified risk to everyone else.

People are far more emotional at 16. They change considerably after 17 or so.
So it is not likely this girl would continue to be a problem.

Knives are rarely lethal in untrained hands if the person get medical attention right away.

Being emotional is one thing, trying to kill somebody is something you don't grow out of.

I agree the kid with the knife was very unusual since the lights and siren should have been enough.
But no reason to shoot first before trying a warning shot, a club to the head or arm, etc.
Especially not 4 shots.

The second shot is rushed and due to recoil from the first, has a very high probability of hitting an innocent person.
Without time to evaluate the first shot, the second shot pretty much guarantees a murder.
You might be able to justify that when the attacker has a gun, but not with a knife.
In fact, the police had no way to know the girl in pink was not armed and started the whole thing.
The one with the knife could have been the one doing the legal self defense for all the police knew.

Wrong because the victim had no weapon on her or when the police got there. Yes, people do die from being stabbed. In fact further south of Columbus, a 13 year old stabbed to death another 13 year old in Cincinnati Ohio on that very same day.

Police do not fire warning shots and never have. You shoot a bullet in the air it's liable to come down on somebody's head in another yard somewhere. The officer rightfully had to make a split second decision to save a life.

The police had no idea what other weapons were held but not visible.
Yes people do die from being stabbed, but it is VERY rare and usually from a very slow bleed out due to not getting any pressure or conveyance to a hospital.

Police ALWAYS used to fire warning shots.
You can safely fire into any grass, but a shot in the air loses too much energy to be much risk, and people are way too spread out. There has never been a death from a shot in the air yet. People shoot in the air all the time during holidays and it is a tiny, tiny risk.

I would not liked to have seen anyone cut so a single shot would have been understandable, but not 4 shots.
That is deliberate murder, not defense.
I would not charge since it happened so quick, but I would fire him.

Especially not 4 shots.

Yes people do die from being stabbed, but it is VERY rare and usually from a very slow bleed out due to not getting any pressure or conveyance to a hospital.

You can safely fire into any grass, but a shot in the air loses too much energy to be much risk, and people are way too spread out. There has never been a death from a shot in the air yet. People shoot in the air all the time during holidays and it is a tiny, tiny risk.

I would not liked to have seen anyone cut so a single shot would have been understandable, but not 4 shots.
You can't call 911 all in a panic about someone getting attacked in one breath then blame the police for stopping the murder in another.

People are far more emotional at 16. They change considerably after 17 or so.
So it is not likely this girl would continue to be a problem.

Knives are rarely lethal in untrained hands if the person get medical attention right away.

Being emotional is one thing, trying to kill somebody is something you don't grow out of.

We will never know her real intent.
She might have just been trying to scare.
You don't know it was a deliberate attempt to kill with a knife.
No blood had yet been spilled even.
And you can and do grow out of anything.
The brain actually changes shape and size.
Before that it is more reflex.
That is the whole point of why you don't execute juveniles.

Especially not 4 shots.

You can't call 911 all in a panic about someone getting attacked in one breath then blame the police for stopping the murder in another.

Sure you can.
What if the girl in pink had been the attacker and the girl shot was just defending herself?
The police did not take time to fine out, or to do something less lethal, like a warning shot, a single shot, a taser, a club, etc.
The police had a number of alternatives with less ensured lethal results.
Why did they pick the most assured lethality possible?

The only time police ever shot in the air is in old black and white movies, so I suggest you don't get your police training information from there.

Yes, the officer seen an unarmed person about to be seriously hurt or killed so he knew that the victim did not have a weapon. It wouldn't have made much of a difference anyhow because he's not going to not shoot because the victim may have had a weapon he couldn't see. The attacker knew police were there, ordered to drop the knife several times and was shot dead.

I love how Psaki triggers the losers.

And I especially love her FAFO face. You'd think the fascists would learn, upon seing that face, that they shouldn't try pushing their loaded propaganda questions, given the whupping that they're in for. But they always do, and she always humiliates them.
Jen Psaki is arguably the best Press Secretary the county's ever had.

That she triggers the snowflakes is mere icing on the cake!

People are not (that) stupid.

They know that her job is to push the party line.

She does her job.

Everyone in the Harris administration wants the nation (and the world) to think that a certain group is horribly treated in this country by the police, so Ms. P. says what she has to say.

I assume that few Americans waste their time tuning in to those worthless sessions.

Forum List

Back