The Democrats New Standards

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Given that the democrats new standards seem to be that all allegations should be accepted as truth unless someone can PROVE that they're false, can anyone give good reasons on why the republicans shouldn't adopt their standard? If I say Diane Feinstein has dementia shouldn't she be obligated to prove that she doesn't? If I say that Dr. Ford is laundering money by way of GoFundMe, she needs to call for an FBI investigation to prove that she isn't. Given what has been done to the Kavanaugh family, this seems fair. Morally reprehensible. Something I'd have to give up my self respect to do, but I'm sure there are others not quite as squeamish. How many of you are willing to throw so much on the pile that it all falls down?

Well they sure haven't covered themselves in glory with their latest shit show.

I question the premise presented in the OP, but only the inclusion of the word "new".
I agree that they've been doing this for awhile, but this is the first time I can recall hearing a senator publicly say that there was no presumption of innocence. I know they'll try to obfuscate with, "it was a job interview", but Judge Kavanaugh was being accused of a very real crime and as such deserves the constitutional protection of due process. It's not as if he was going to be labeled an attempted rapist and then go blithely back to the appellate court.

I do wonder however how democrats will deal with being held to the same standard they prescribed for him. If everytime Keith Ellison shows his face in public, people scream abuser. If everytime someone sees Feinstein they start shouting that she's a Chinese operative. How do you think they'll deal with it?

This isn't anything new, both major parties have been adhering to the "accusation = guilt" "standard" for a long time.

It has become an integral part of the American political hypocrisy machine.

'GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT'
** Only applies to GOP / Conservatives

'THE BURDEN OF PROOF LIES ON THE ACCUSED, NOT THE ACCUSER'
** Only applies to GOP / Conservatives

No memory of WHERE something happened, no memory of WHEN something happened, the story continuing to change, witnesses who say what is being claimed never happened, and presenting ZERO evidence to substantiate a claim is what Democrats call a 'CREDIBLE' witness ... against Republicans / Democrats.

Forum List

Back