Zone1 The Declining church

any other global enterprise involved in the aiding and abetting of pedophiles who have abused millions of children world wide would have been burned to the ground and it's leaders imprisoned for life

So yeah the "one scandal" was a pretty big deal.

It's not confined to the Catholic church. Jerry Sandusky was a Methodist and a Republican. Look at Dennis Hassert.

Conclusions: The current survey indicates that in this sample, the ultra-orthodox male pedophile was frequently a victim of childhood sexual trauma, and exhibited indications of organic vulnerabilities. This is more pronounced than findings in previous studies, and calls for further research in order to understand the underlying causes.

Scale that up to the inception of the RCC and we are probably looking at hundreds of millions of abused children

You won't answer my question, so we must accept that you don't know what you're talking about when you pontificate about pedo priests.

Thank you.

It's not confined to the Catholic church. Jerry Sandusky was a Methodist and a Republican. Look at Dennis Hassert.

Conclusions: The current survey indicates that in this sample, the ultra-orthodox male pedophile was frequently a victim of childhood sexual trauma, and exhibited indications of organic vulnerabilities. This is more pronounced than findings in previous studies, and calls for further research in order to understand the underlying causes.
I already addressed that in post #57

You won't answer my question, so we must accept that you don't know what you're talking about when you pontificate about pedo priests.

Thank you.

When we found out about it was not necessarily when it started happening.

Funny how your signature line conflicts with your apologetics

When we found out about it was not necessarily when it started happening.

Funny how your signature line conflicts with your apologetics

Leftists are 0:2 at understanding and answering a simple question, and choose to sling shit instead.

No surprise.

Leftists are 0:2 at understanding and answering a simple question, and choose to sling shit instead.

No surprise.

I am left handed but not a "leftist" whatever that means

And maybe you should reframe your question because I do not know the exact date when priests started molesting children I only know when it was reported.

Do you know the exact date the very first child was ever molested by any clergy of any church?

I highly doubt that

I am left handed but not a "leftist" whatever that means

And maybe you should reframe your question because I do not know the exact date when priests started molesting children I only know when it was reported.

Do you know the exact date the very first child was ever molested by any clergy of any church?

I highly doubt that

So you know nothing about pedo priests if you know nothing about the history of the phenomenon.

You're dismissed until you learn something about your subject.

So you know nothing about pedo priests if you know nothing about the history of the phenomenon.

You're dismissed until you learn something about your subject.

OK so tell me when was the very first time any priest from any religion molested a child. Give me the date and place since you know everything there is to know about it.

And wouldn't you want the pedo priest to be killed as your signature line indicates? What about his immediate superior who moved that pedo priest all over the country to protect him? Should be killed too?

So yeah the "one scandal" was a pretty big deal.
And is more powerful than all the good that same Church was doing? It appears you believe that Satan is more powerful than God; that evil is more powerful than good. Ever hear the parable of the wheat and tares/weeds? A field was planted with wheat, but during the night, evil doers sneaked in and planted their own seed (weeds). Now weeds were growing among the wheat and the workers were wondering what to do. The owner told them that in pulling out the weeds when the plants were still young would result in losing much of the wheat. Wait until harvest, then separate the two. Thresh the wheat and burn the weeds.

It seems your solution is burn the whole field! Both the wheat and the weeds! Is that how you do feel? Ignore the good and burn it all?

And is more powerful than all the good that same Church was doing? It appears you believe that Satan is more powerful than God; that evil is more powerful than good. Ever hear the parable of the wheat and tares/weeds? A field was planted with wheat, but during the night, evil doers sneaked in and planted their own seed (weeds). Now weeds were growing among the wheat and the workers were wondering what to do. The owner told them that in pulling out the weeds when the plants were still young would result in losing much of the wheat. Wait until harvest, then separate the two. Thresh the wheat and burn the weeds.

It seems your solution is burn the whole field! Both the wheat and the weeds! Is that how you do feel? Ignore the good and burn it all?

Tell me is a private daycare that was in business for decades given a pass because a newer employee molested a kid and the owners tried to cover it up ? What about all the good that day care did for decades? Would you let that owner watch your kids ?

And when the weeds go all the way up to the upper echelon of the institution and there is crime committed in global proportions yeah it's time to start over.

Tell me is a private daycare that was in business for decades given a pass because a newer employee molested a kid and the owners tried to cover it up ? What about all the good that day care did for decades? Would you let that owner watch your kids ?
Weak. Fire the employee and send him/her through the justice system. Which is exactly what the Catholic Church instituted.

There is so much you don't know! Do the research. Back before the news media broke the scandal, churches, schools, and other organizations recognized the problem and were at a loss. They got the psychiatric community involved. The psychiatrists said, "Oh! We will put them through a program, and then you assign them to a new workplace (church, school, another office) and not a problem. The Church tried it and came back with, "This does not work, does not work, does not work."

When the story broke almost all Catholic Churches immediately went to work making changes so this could never happen in their parish--or never happen again. They became a model for other organizations. But guess what, there were a handful of Catholic parishes who refused to do anything. You gleefully leap on this and broad-brush all Catholic churches and all Catholics, totally ignoring the parishes where both clergy and parishioners had (as you put it and then ignore) started over.
And when the weeds go all the way up to the upper echelon of the institution yeah it's time to start over.
But first you have to ignore the great majority that did start over, right?

Weak. Fire the employee and send him/her through the justice system. Which is exactly what the Catholic Church instituted.

There is so much you don't know! Do the research. Back before the news media broke the scandal, churches, schools, and other organizations recognized the problem and were at a loss. They got the psychiatric community involved. The psychiatrists said, "Oh! We will put them through a program, and then you assign them to a new workplace (church, school, another office) and not a problem. The Church tried it and came back with, "This does not work, does not work, does not work."

When the story broke almost all Catholic Churches immediately went to work making changes so this could never happen in their parish--or never happen again. They became a model for other organizations. But guess what, there were a handful of Catholic parishes who refused to do anything. You gleefully leap on this and broad-brush all Catholic churches and all Catholics, totally ignoring the parishes where both clergy and parishioners had (as you put it and then ignore) started over.

Why keep comparing the global institution of the church with a local entity?

So tell me how many children would have had to been abused and how many abusers actively protected by the church before you said it was time to tear down the institution and start anew?

Is the over 300000 in France alone enough?

And why did the church wait until it hit the newspapers? Before that the church was actively protecting them. The people high up in the church power structure knew what was going on before it hit the papers

So tell me how many children would have had to been abused and how many abusers actively protected by the church before you said it was time to tear down the institution and start anew?
You skipped what I said.

From the beginning of the scandal, the Church has been starting anew. This happened all over the United States...like Christ notes, a little yeast can leaven a lot of dough. If this yeast has not spread through the entire world yet, it will, because of Christ, because of our belief in God. God has brought goodness out of evil before our time, it continues in our time, and it also be in future times. This is certainly not the first time, the Church has begun anew through Christ our Savior, the Word of God.

Why? Do you recommend the Church start anew through someone/something different?

You skipped what I said.

From the beginning of the scandal, the Church has been starting anew. This happened all over the United States...like Christ notes, a little yeast can leaven a lot of dough. If this yeast has not spread through the entire world yet, it will, because of Christ, because of our belief in God. God has brought goodness out of evil before our time, it continues in our time, and it also be in future times. This is certainly not the first time, the Church has begun anew through Christ our Savior, the Word of God.

Why? Do you recommend the Church start anew through someone/something different?
Because the current version is obviously rotten all the way to the top

Around 1970, about 92% of American identified as Christian, but by 2027, it is projected to drop to 50% or under.

So, why is this?

It is noteworthy that there was a big drop in church attendance after Covid. After the government shut society down, many did not return to church just like many did not return to work.
Church attendance is not a good gauge of who identifies as Christian. All the polling data I've seen suggests Christianity will become a plurality but no longer a majority in American by 2070. But I don't know if that means those who are Christian by faith or Christian by church attendance.

Christianity remains the world's largest religious group.

COVID did have an impact on church attendance for sure, but I think most churches have lost members because of:

a) Too much focus on money. Members get tired of constant pressure to support the institution/infrastructure to the point it takes the emphasis off spirituality and/or what the Church is supposed to be about. We left our last church when they installed a senior pastor who obviously did not believe what he was preaching and then they put out a questionnaire asking how much money we made.

b) "Wokeness". For decades now leftists have been infiltrating government, media, education, entertainment, scientific institutions, big business, etc. and yes religious institutions. And they have gradually forced out most of the libertarians (little 'L')/conservatives.

When 'wokeness' becomes the message and emphasis in the Church, it turns off those who know in their bones that this is a wrong sometimes evil doctrine. And they leave and may not choose another unfamiliar denomination or independent church to attend.

Every time in the past though that religion has dropped to its lowest ebb in America (and in some other places), there has been a 'great revival' that swept the country and brought religious faith back to the forefront again. I keep waiting for that to happen again and pray that it will.

There are a couple thousand Catholic priests who have been canceled -- removed from their ministries -- BECAUSE THEY HAD THE COURAGE TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT PEDO PRIESTS.

Here's a video by Dr. Janet Smith, a seminarian professor, with a lot to say about how the seminaries are targeting gay men to become priests.

The left gets ALL responsibility for the pedo priests.

This is why I get so tired of hearing ONLY the leftists whining about the pedos, and generally ONLY after they've been smacked around about the leftist tranny freak "teachers". It's like they're saying "The priests got away with it. Now it's OUR turn".

Around 1970, about 92% of American identified as Christian, but by 2027, it is projected to drop to 50% or under.

So, why is this?

It is noteworthy that there was a big drop in church attendance after Covid. After the government shut society down, many did not return to church just like many did not return to work.
NOt sure if you even know what you are trying to say.
THe demographic projections are the opposite, for very clear reasons I will state
PROJECTION
But if current trends continue, the religiously unaffiliated will decline as a percentage of the world’s overall population, from 16.4% in 2010 to 13.2% in 2050. Even when we model a 50% increase in current rates of switching, tilting even more in favor of religious disaffiliation, the unaffiliated share of the world’s population would still be expected to decline, falling to 14.3% in 2050.,

REASONS
Gays and atheists have the least number of babies and religious have the most and the more religious the more babies.
The future is Africa
17 Between 1900 and 2000, the Roman Catholic population in Africa increased by a phenomenal 6,708 per cent, from just 3 under two million to more than 130 .

We are just seeing the beginning of the mass exodus from religion.

Now that even children have access to all the world's information, they will have access to all this info BEFORE they are completely brainwashed by the religion they are born into.

those who followed them and later distorted the liberation theology and self determination taught by Jesus and those in the 1st century seeking the truth to rather force again the darkness written into the 4th century Christian bible instead.
Idealism Is the Gateway to a Racket

You could say the same thing about Communism and you'd be just as wrong.

Forum List

Back