Zone1 The Declining church

Around 1970, about 92% of American identified as Christian, but by 2027, it is projected to drop to 50% or under.

So, why is this?

It is noteworthy that there was a big drop in church attendance after Covid. After the government shut society down, many did not return to church just like many did not return to work.

My church is growing fast. We're overcrowded in the existing building, and we have 35+ catechumens right now. Lots of former protestants and catholics.

Around 1970, about 92% of American identified as Christian, but by 2027, it is projected to drop to 50% or under.

So, why is this?

It is noteworthy that there was a big drop in church attendance after Covid. After the government shut society down, many did not return to church just like many did not return to work.
Nit-Picking Nitwits

It's a transference of freedom-loving individualistic reaction against all the petty harassment by government, school, and business bosses. Religion's pharisee fairies want to mind-rape their flock.

People get in trouble if they stand up to the ruling class (which once owned religion, too). They can skip church attendance without any penalty, though.

Too much focus on end times, Armageddon and the rapture.
That's always been the focus. Even at 92%. I thought this was ambiguous anyway. I'm sure 92% still identify as Christian. It's just less go to Church for different reasons. Since the labor force came back with a heavy number of part-time work after the shutdowns, many have 2 or 3 part-time or spare-time work with a lot on Sundays just to make ends meet. Another consideration is consideration. I'm not sure how all churches stay in business. But, I'm sure many still require a membership fee of some sort. Money gets tight and people rationalize that God will understand if you don't pay your tithes or fees. Of course, the widow mite may not if you get what I mean.

With Churches that pay tithes and offerings and not a monthly or annual membership fee, people who don't pay often feel like they shouldn't be there. Or, if they pass a plate around and don't have anything to put in it, they just don't show up. I know, the LDS Church we pay tithes and offerings and those that don't mostly don't show up often. I'm sure atheists and communist politicians like this. They are mostly Democrats and we know they hate Christians and Jews.

So, no. I disagree that it has to do with the focus on the 2nd Coming of Christ. Only in your mixed up mind.

there is more to life than what a couple of selfish people claimed 4000 years ago and those that followed them and later distorted the liberation theology, self determination taught by jesus and those in the 1st century seeking the truth to rather force again the darkness written into the 4th century christian bible instead.

there is more to life than what a couple of selfish people claimed 4000 years ago and those that followed them and later distorted the liberation theology, self determination taught by jesus and those in the 1st century seeking the truth to rather force again the darkness written into the 4th century christian bible instead.
1704927705448.png

That's always been the focus. Even at 92%. I thought this was ambiguous anyway. I'm sure 92% still identify as Christian. It's just less go to Church for different reasons. Since the labor force came back with a heavy number of part-time work after the shutdowns, many have 2 or 3 part-time or spare-time work with a lot on Sundays just to make ends meet. Another consideration is consideration. I'm not sure how all churches stay in business. But, I'm sure many still require a membership fee of some sort. Money gets tight and people rationalize that God will understand if you don't pay your tithes or fees. Of course, the widow mite may not if you get what I mean.

With Churches that pay tithes and offerings and not a monthly or annual membership fee, people who don't pay often feel like they shouldn't be there. Or, if they pass a plate around and don't have anything to put in it, they just don't show up. I know, the LDS Church we pay tithes and offerings and those that don't mostly don't show up often. I'm sure atheists and communist politicians like this. They are mostly Democrats and we know they hate Christians and Jews.

So, no. I disagree that it has to do with the focus on the 2nd Coming of Christ. Only in your mixed up mind.

John Nelson Darby invented the rapture. Not everyone believes Revelation is futuristic.

So, why is this?

I hate to brag on myself but I have been spreading blasphemy for years and it pays off.

John Nelson Darby invented the rapture. Not everyone believes Revelation is futuristic.
He did not invent anything. It's called interpretation and opinion. He had the same view that most people have on this issue except non-true believers like yourself. And, you have the right to believe as you want. How matter of fact you are wrong, it's your belief. Something you should allow others to believe it is futuristic. He may of even had the Urim and Thummim with him. Which is used for future prophecy. Joseph Smith had one as well. He didn't really need the Papyrus to write the Pearl of Great Price.

I hate to brag on myself but I have been spreading blasphemy for years and it pays off.
Pays off? How have you received any pay for denying the Holy Ghost? I know a lot of people who quit coming to Church but still have a testimony of Jesus Christ and the Church. ZOOM has helped some churches with travel issues due to either cost of gasoline or health reasons due to age. I doubt those figures are used as well in these surveys.

Pays off? How have you received any pay for denying the Holy Ghost? I know a lot of people who quit coming to Church but still have a testimony of Jesus Christ and the Church. ZOOM has helped some churches with travel issues due to either cost of gasoline or health reasons due to age. I doubt those figures are used as well in these surveys.
It gives me satisfaction when I read that church attendence has been dropping for decades.

Forum List

Back