The debt limit!

Fuck your bullshit "compromise".

Pay existing debt and argue about future spending...

Act like adults

Acting like adults is the commies getting everything they want and us nothing? I don't call that adult at all. I call it childish.

I'm glad you highlighted what I've said about you people all along: compromise to a leftist is we get everything we want and if you don't like it, too bad.

It's abundantly clear that folks on the Right are mentally sick with the communist argument, while never actually explaining what a communist is.

No need to explain it at all. Like I said, go to the US Communist Party website and read their agenda. There are few differences between theirs and the Democrat party. I have a link to one of their pages if you wish to challenge me on it. Just ask.

We have enough ongoing revenue intake to cover 80% of our obligations. How we pay for the remaining 20% is the issue...and that 20% is EXISTING obligations that have to be paid for.
Let's look at this.

The debt is in the form of government bonds w/ a maturity for the long term bonds of 10 to 30 years. We'll either bring in a LOT of revenue over the next 30 years or we'll be able to borrow a LOT of money to pay the old ones off.

Add to that the enormous amount of government assets such as the land, the buildings, and various treasures.

We're fine.

Acting like adults is the commies getting everything they want and us nothing? I don't call that adult at all. I call it childish.

I'm glad you highlighted what I've said about you people all along: compromise to a leftist is we get everything we want and if you don't like it, too bad.
Paying your fucking bills is the ADULT thing to do

That’s an entirely different discussion.

You’ll get that wrong too if course… because “commies” or some shit

It's part of this discussion because that's what the Republicans want in exchange for raising the ceiling. Your people wasted all this money, now Republicans have to find a way to pay for all that waste, and you're fine with them wasting more so we find ourselves in this exact same position two or three years down the road.

That's as stupid as giving your wife a credit card, and when she maxes is out on expensive perfume, furs, clothing, you need to take a second job to pay it off but you don't stop her spending.

I already posted a link, Simp.

Must suck to be an ignorant halfwit like you.
A link showing that the credit derating was caused by spending?

No. You did not shit for brains

A link showing that the credit derating was caused by spending?

No. You did not shit for brains

Ryan refers to the decision of Standard & Poor’s, the credit rating agency, to downgrade its score for U.S. Treasury obligations from AAA to AA+ on Aug. 5, 2011. That took place just four days after Congress voted to raise the federal debt ceiling, following lengthy negotiations in which House Republicans sought to force concessions from Obama and Senate Democrats as the price for raising the ceiling and averting the first default on Treasury debt payments in U.S. history.

In its report, Standard & Poor’s blamed both Republicans and Democrats for failing to come to agreement on spending cuts or revenue increases sufficient to reduce U.S. deficits significantly. It said:

It's part of this discussion because that's what the Republicans want in exchange for raising the ceiling. Your people wasted all this money, now Republicans have to find a way to pay for all that waste, and you're fine with them wasting more so we find ourselves in this exact same position two or three years down the road.

That's as stupid as giving your wife a credit card, and when she maxes is out on expensive perfume, furs, clothing, you need to take a second job to pay it off but you don't stop her spending.
c1bccv7tlnda1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: BWK
Ryan refers to the decision of Standard & Poor’s, the credit rating agency, to downgrade its score for U.S. Treasury obligations from AAA to AA+ on Aug. 5, 2011. That took place just four days after Congress voted to raise the federal debt ceiling, following lengthy negotiations in which House Republicans sought to force concessions from Obama and Senate Democrats as the price for raising the ceiling and averting the first default on Treasury debt payments in U.S. history.

In its report, Standard & Poor’s blamed both Republicans and Democrats for failing to come to agreement on spending cuts or revenue increases sufficient to reduce U.S. deficits significantly. It said:

You just showed that fucking with the debt ceiling brought on a credit derating

Thank you

Preparing to ‘play chicken’ with default: Understanding Republicans’ ‘debt limit terror’​

The United States is the only major industrial nation with a debt ceiling. America’s debt ceiling, moreover, applies only to budgetary appropriations that have already been made; it has no impact on future spending or borrowing. Indeed, as one legal scholar has argued, since legislation passed by Congress and signed by the president implicitly authorizes the U.S. Treasury to spend the money necessary to implement it, a separate requirement to increase the accrued debt creates the possibility of default, and may therefore be unconstitutional.

In any event, although debates about the national debt have become increasingly partisan, Congress and the president have agreed to increase the debt ceiling over 100 times since World War II. The debt limit has also been “suspended” — a distinction, made for political reasons, without a substantive difference — seven times. The debt ceiling was raised three times while Donald Trump was President. In 2019, when Congress suspended the debt ceiling until July 2021, Trump exulted that the agreement was “phenomenal.” The ceiling has been raised twice with Joe Biden in the White House.

We can't worry about the debt, Biden has one more time to raise the debt. If if's good for tramp why not make it good for Biden.
We should have repeal the debt limit law decades ago because the intent of the law is not what it is today. In 1917 the Wilson Admistraion was moving the country toward war. There were groups in the US that opposed going to war and they put pressure on congress to stop it. Congress reacted by passing a bill that prevented the administration from selling war bonds and that bill was what is refer to as the debt limit law. It failed to keep country out of war and has failed for over a hundred years to control spending.

No need to explain it at all. Like I said, go to the US Communist Party website and read their agenda. There are few differences between theirs and the Democrat party. I have a link to one of their pages if you wish to challenge me on it. Just ask.
Because you are incapable.

Because you are incapable.

Incapable of what?

What you want me to do is explain it to you, then you'd tell me that's not what Communism is, then I'd post the site to back up my claim, and that ends the conversation.

I'm just skipping a step and unnecessary debate.

Forum List

Back