The Death Penalty---OP/ED

How to Sell a Gun in Texas (Private Sales) - Face to Face Transfer, and Other Options
Face to Face - Personal Sale

This is the most common transaction and by far the most profitable one to boot. In the state of Texas you do not have to transfer ownership of the firearm via a dealer, nor do you have to have the firearm re-registered as there is no such firearms registration in the state of Texas.

Your only obligation is to reasonably assume that the purchaser is a Texas resident and legally able to own and possess the firearm. Often times people will request a Texas Drivers License to ensure they are a state resident, write a bill of sale, and sometimes take information from the purchaser. All of these are not required, but to some, are good practice to ensure you, as the seller, are performing your duty properly. Each seller's methods vary, and some buyers are defensive about providing personal info to strangers due to identity theft.

Once the transaction is performed you are done. There's no paperwork, no phone calls, etc. to be made.

Gun shows are good avenues for placing your guns in a buyer-rich environment. If you are unsure how to attract a buyer, I suggest a gun show.

So you can go to a gun store and buy a gun without a background check in Texas?

No, but you can legally buy from any individual on the street who happens to have a gun for sale.

Then you grossly misrepresent the situation.

In what way?

That I had to ask you about gun stores proves it. You made it appear as if every gun in Texas was sold without a background check on the streets.

No. I never said or implied all gun sales. Only that it was possible, very common, and very easy to legally buy a gun with no concern for a background check of any kind.

I'm not sure when you first got your license, but for the last several years they have had background checks. Try renewing your license when you have a warrant out, and it will be made quite clear that you have been checked.

My daughter got hers in the last several years and no check.

Sure she did. No matter which state she was in, she was required to show her proof of insurance, proof of residence, proof of age, and probably a lot of other information before she was even allowed to take the test. There was also an instant check to see if she had done anything to prevent her from being able to receive a license. All those things were part of her background check.

Then you should be able to tell me the exact date and time she had it done.

I didn't say I did the background check, and I didn't say all that was public record, even though some of it might be. Call the DMV. I;m sure they would at least have the date, if you can get them to look it up.

YOU made the claim that they did. Prove it.

Don't be silly. She is your daughter. You should know what she had to present before taking the test. If you don't, ask her.

So you can go to a gun store and buy a gun without a background check in Texas?

No, but you can legally buy from any individual on the street who happens to have a gun for sale.

In what way?

That I had to ask you about gun stores proves it. You made it appear as if every gun in Texas was sold without a background check on the streets.

No. I never said or implied all gun sales. Only that it was possible, very common, and very easy to legally buy a gun with no concern for a background check of any kind.

You said come to Texas and buy all the guns you want without a background check.

Sure she did. No matter which state she was in, she was required to show her proof of insurance, proof of residence, proof of age, and probably a lot of other information before she was even allowed to take the test. There was also an instant check to see if she had done anything to prevent her from being able to receive a license. All those things were part of her background check.

I didn't say I did the background check, and I didn't say all that was public record, even though some of it might be. Call the DMV. I;m sure they would at least have the date, if you can get them to look it up.

Don't be silly. She is your daughter. You should know what she had to present before taking the test. If you don't, ask her.

I do know what she had to present and stated so. You're the one that said others things took place. I do know so why are you questioning me when I do what you say I should do?

If you're going to say there were other things beyond what I said, please prove it. I've done what you asked by telling you what happened. Your turn to back up your claim.

In what way?

You said come to Texas and buy all the guns you want without a background check.

Sure. I already told you how. You are starting to sound a little silly now. You lost this one. Let it go.

I do know what she had to present and stated so. You're the one that said others things took place. I do know so why are you questioning me when I do what you say I should do?

If you're going to say there were other things beyond what I said, please prove it. I've done what you asked by telling you what happened. Your turn to back up your claim.

Do you really want to do this? Each state is different, but they all check.Which state?

In what way?

Sure. I already told you how. You are starting to sound a little silly now. You lost this one. Let it go.

Lose to a piece of shit like you. Never. I won before this conversation started based on who I am and what you are.

Do you really want to do this? Each state is different, but they all check.Which state?

So the each state is different excuse now. That's a cop out. You said it was done without making that reference, BOY. Leave before I embarrass you more.

In what way?

Lose to a piece of shit like you. Never. I won before this conversation started based on who I am and what you are.

If you say so.

If you say so.

Proven without a doubt. You made a general claim then want to use the "every state is different" excuse.

So the each state is different excuse now. That's a cop out. You said it was done without making that reference, BOY. Leave before I embarrass you more.

No. Each state is different so I didn't want you to be able to nit pick some tiny difference between one state and another Name one state, and I can get specifics for that particular state. You are really trying to nit pick your way out of admitting you are wrong.

If you say so.

Proven without a doubt. You made a general claim then want to use the "every state is different" excuse.

You are an idiot.

No. Each state is different so I didn't want you to be able to nit pick some tiny difference between one state and another Name one state, and I can get specifics for that particular state. You are really trying to nit pick your way out of admitting you are wrong.

Sorry, boy, you made a general statement that background checks were done. Now you want to use the it's different excuse.

The best thing you can do is get back to picking cotton.

If you say so.

You are an idiot.

Not my fault you make claims you can't prove then when called on it make excuses.

Sorry, boy, you made a general statement that background checks were done. Now you want to use the it's different excuse.

The best thing you can do is get back to picking cotton.

Typical RWNJ. You chose to be ignorant, and wouldn't accept a fact if it bit your ass,

You know little boy most people I know don't even know I own any guns.
And I have never said to let crazy people buy guns have I?

But you have yet to tell me how you can tell anyone is crazy. Until you can predict everyone's future I will go with the facts. A minuscule fraction of a percentage of legal gun owners will ever kill anyone and that is not reason enough to tell the vast overwhelming majority of legal gun owners that they cannot own guns

A minuscule fraction of people who drink alcohol will ever kill anyone and that is not reason enough to tell the vast overwhelming majority of legal alcohol drinkers that they cannot drink and drive.

But you don't want to deny anyone the ability to drive do you?

Driving is really important, but before you are allowed to do it, they check the background for each and every person to make sure you don't have a history that would indicate you shouldn't be allowed to drive. Now your programmed response is that driving isn't mentioned in the constitution.
Most Americans hold a seventh grade civics notion that the Constitution gives us certain rights. In fact, the Bill of Rights merely sets limits on the federal government, making clear it has no power to infringe on rights we already naturally possess, or limit traditionally held privileges, such as trial by jury. Except for a few procedural rights specifically for the trial process, the Bill of Rights does not actually bestow rights. The Constitution says that the courts determine which of our rights can be limited, and in what ways. They have determined that restrictions on gun purchases and ownership can be legally regulated just like restrictions on driving . Your talking point that you have grown to love is bullshit.

Not really any 17 year old can get a driver's licence and the point you are inadvertently making is that before anyone loses their ability to legally drive they must actually do something wrong.

You want to assume everyone has done something wrong just because they want to exercise their constitutional right, which driving a car is not, of owning a firearm

And with background checks, you will not be denied the ability to purchase a gun unless you have done something wrong. Same situation. Driving a car is also a constitutional right, unless laws determine you should lose that right.
We already have background checks and waiting periods. None of which are required by the bill of rights BTW

In fact in my state in order to exercise my right I have to submit my fingerprints to the state police

And please show me where driving is protected in the constitution

You know little boy most people I know don't even know I own any guns.
And I have never said to let crazy people buy guns have I?

But you have yet to tell me how you can tell anyone is crazy. Until you can predict everyone's future I will go with the facts. A minuscule fraction of a percentage of legal gun owners will ever kill anyone and that is not reason enough to tell the vast overwhelming majority of legal gun owners that they cannot own guns

A minuscule fraction of people who drink alcohol will ever kill anyone and that is not reason enough to tell the vast overwhelming majority of legal alcohol drinkers that they cannot drink and drive.

Driving is really important, but before you are allowed to do it, they check the background for each and every person to make sure you don't have a history that would indicate you shouldn't be allowed to drive. Now your programmed response is that driving isn't mentioned in the constitution.
Most Americans hold a seventh grade civics notion that the Constitution gives us certain rights. In fact, the Bill of Rights merely sets limits on the federal government, making clear it has no power to infringe on rights we already naturally possess, or limit traditionally held privileges, such as trial by jury. Except for a few procedural rights specifically for the trial process, the Bill of Rights does not actually bestow rights. The Constitution says that the courts determine which of our rights can be limited, and in what ways. They have determined that restrictions on gun purchases and ownership can be legally regulated just like restrictions on driving . Your talking point that you have grown to love is bullshit.

Not really any 17 year old can get a driver's licence and the point you are inadvertently making is that before anyone loses their ability to legally drive they must actually do something wrong.

You want to assume everyone has done something wrong just because they want to exercise their constitutional right, which driving a car is not, of owning a firearm

The constitution doesn't define all our rights. We have many that didn't even exist at that time. I have a right to watch TV. They didn't even have TVs back then, but it doesn't mean I don't have that right.

No one will ever be put in jail for denying you the "right" to watch TV

When I started driving, no one checked my history. I went to the DMV, took a test, and drove when I left.

I'm not sure when you first got your license, but for the last several years they have had background checks. Try renewing your license when you have a warrant out, and it will be made quite clear that you have been checked.

You do not need insurance to get a drivers license. All you need to do is prove your age and that you are a resident of the state and it is up to you to provide that information the DMV does not seek it out

When I started driving, no one checked my history. I went to the DMV, took a test, and drove when I left.

You do not need insurance to get a drivers license. All you need to do is prove your age and that you are a resident of the state and it is up to you to provide that information the DMV does not seek it out

While it better be on the car you're driving if you get stopped, age and residency of the State is all that's required to take the initial written test in my state.

So what if he was a homosexual? And the fucking FBI couldn't pin anything on him could they?

No, they couldn't.

Maybe we need a better standard on selling these weapons than "The FBI couldn't pin nothin' on him!"

Joe is proud to be a government puppet.

I wasn't even involved in that conversation, but what I DO want is the government to protect me from people like Omar Mateen. They aren't doing that.

Forum List

Back