The Death Penalty---OP/ED

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
I don't think any other subject stirs up as much as the death penalty, short of abortion. The biggest problem is that while liberal democrats FIGHT any inclusion of morality in abortion they INSIST on its placement when talking about the death penalty. They CLAIM the right has a flawed idea of morals when it comes to the death penalty and that simply is NOT the case.

THE DEATH PENALTY IS INHUMANE
Killing an innocent in the womb that has committed no crime is inhumane. Killing a murderer a rapist or a child molester is justice. A given percentage of the populace is simply going to be criminals. There is no utopia no programs that is going to change that. And people simply need to be adult enough to accept that.

THE DEATH PENALTY SHOULD BE PAINLESS
Why? Granted I am not saying burn them at the stake but why should it HAVE to be painless? Down here in Arizona in the town I live in we had a meth head passing through town that beat a woman to death for her lap top and some change. Anybody care to guess how long it takes to get beat to death? Reports at the time said her beating MAY have taken 15 to 20 minutes. Why does his death HAVE to be painless? Why should he be allowed to just go to sleep?

THE DEAD BODY CAN TRAUMATIZE THE FAMILY
That's a good thing, its a wake up call your family has a failure in parenting OR where you live has a failure in community. Its the result of a socially unacceptable act. They USED to do it in public and people used to bring their children. It was a lesson is social morality. If you behave this way then that is the result.

THE DEATH PENALTY SHOULD NOT BE PUBLIC
Wrong again as there is every reason FOR it to be public. I am not talking required to watch but available. I would go so far as to leave it open to the press. I would allow it to be televised. The victims, their families and the general population have a RIGHT to see their justice system work.

Fury

I don't think any other subject stirs up as much as the death penalty, short of abortion. The biggest problem is that while liberal democrats FIGHT any inclusion of morality in abortion they INSIST on its placement when talking about the death penalty. They CLAIM the right has a flawed idea of morals when it comes to the death penalty and that simply is NOT the case.

Killing an innocent in the womb that has committed no crime is inhumane. Killing a murderer a rapist or a child molester is justice. A given percentage of the populace is simply going to be criminals. There is no utopia no programs that is going to change that. And people simply need to be adult enough to accept that.

Why? Granted I am not saying burn them at the stake but why should it HAVE to be painless? Down here in Arizona in the town I live in we had a meth head passing through town that beat a woman to death for her lap top and some change. Anybody care to guess how long it takes to get beat to death? Reports at the time said her beating MAY have taken 15 to 20 minutes. Why does his death HAVE to be painless? Why should he be allowed to just go to sleep?

That's a good thing, its a wake up call your family has a failure in parenting OR where you live has a failure in community. Its the result of a socially unacceptable act. They USED to do it in public and people used to bring their children. It was a lesson is social morality. If you behave this way then that is the result.

Wrong again as there is every reason FOR it to be public. I am not talking required to watch but available. I would go so far as to leave it open to the press. I would allow it to be televised. The victims, their families and the general population have a RIGHT to see their justice system work.

Fury

Bring back hanging. If you do it right, it's lights out!.

You can even re-use the rope.

Wow. Lots of anger there.

Here's the main reasons why we should join all the other civlized countries and abolish the death penalty-

1) Eventually, you are going to kill an innocent person by mistake.

2) Millions of dollars in resources are spent litigating DP cases, to the point most states can't carry out executions.

And that's about it.

Oh, yeah. Fetuses still aren't people and their pain receptors aren't even on when most abortions are performed, but youkeep getting upset about the medical waste.

Fury

I simply do not trust the government to murder it's citizens as a "punishment."

• Banned
Wow. Lots of anger there.

Here's the main reasons why we should join all the other civlized countries and abolish the death penalty-

1) Eventually, you are going to kill an innocent person by mistake.

2) Millions of dollars in resources are spent litigating DP cases, to the point most states can't carry out executions.

And that's about it.

Oh, yeah. Fetuses still aren't people and their pain receptors aren't even on when most abortions are performed, but youkeep getting upset about the medical waste.
No anger in that, brutal honesty is all.

• Banned

Fury

Then make juries mandatory in death penalty cases. Problem solved.

Fury

Nope. The states have been known to do some pretty shady things. No way.

• Banned

Fury

Texas has a law if you have 3 people who saw it you go to the front of the line.

Fury

Texas has a law if you have 3 people who saw it you go to the front of the line.

Sounds like a version of Sharia law. Eyewitnesses have been known to be WRONG quite often.

I just read about a case where a 14-year-old was charged with murder and did almost 10 years before finally being released even though prosecutors were AWARE that another person had claimed responsibility for the murder. They let this kid sit in prison for 10 years!!! Of course, he was poor and black.

Fury

Texas has lots of stupid laws. I wonder how hard it would be to find three people who really don't like you?

ALL of the civilized country have done away with the DP. We are amongst third world countries with our use of the DP.
So you would argue its civilized to kill a unborn child but NOT civilized to kill a rapist?

Neither are "civilized" but I believe in body sovereignty. I own my own body. You nor the government have any say in that.

Believe me, it's not easy to be anti DP. You don't think I hear about cases that make me want to strangle the perp myself? Of course I do. I get upset like anyone else, BUT I try to not let my emotions overcome my logic.

Fury

Sounds like a version of Sharia law. Eyewitnesses have been known to be WRONG quite often.
You are grasping at straws with your "ifs, buts and maybe".

Believe me, it's not easy to be anti DP. You don't think I hear about cases that make me want to strangle the perp myself? Of course I do. I get upset like anyone else, BUT I try to not let my emotions overcome my logic.
I did not write the OP from an emotional point. I wrote from the logical point. YOUR argument is emotional.

I did not write the OP from an emotional point. I wrote from the logical point. YOUR argument is emotional.

From a logical point we have killed innocent people while the guilty went free. That's stupid, especially when it is cheaper to lock them up forever than it is to kill them. Come back when you can guarantee that only the guilty will die.

Forum List

Back