The Death of Private Sector Unions: Boeing Wins Contract Fight with Machinists Union

Again, when I'm flying at 20,000 feet in a metal tube at 400 MPH, I really want the guys who put it together to be well trained and satisfied with their jobs. I want them well paid.

I don't want it made in a "Right to Work" state by the guy who got turned down for the job of Possum Catcher.

Just curious, Joe, and I don't expect an intelligent answer from you because you've proven repeatedly to be dumber than a big of shit, but do you really think Boeing has a vested interest in constantly churning out planes that were dropping from the sky killing a few hundred people at a time because they hired some redneck in Alabama who got turned down for the job of possum catcher on the cheap? How long do you think they'd be in business?

Again, when I'm flying at 20,000 feet in a metal tube at 400 MPH, I really want the guys who put it together to be well trained and satisfied with their jobs. I want them well paid.

I don't want it made in a "Right to Work" state by the guy who got turned down for the job of Possum Catcher.

Just curious, Joe, and I don't expect an intelligent answer from you because you've proven repeatedly to be dumber than a big of shit, but do you really think Boeing has a vested interest in constantly churning out planes that were dropping from the sky killing a few hundred people at a time because they hired some redneck in Alabama who got turned down for the job of possum catcher on the cheap? How long do you think they'd be in business?

Understand that Joe believes Government created everything and that the only reason "privet" Unions are good is because of their close ties to the Democrat party, bluing that line between privet and public.

Hopefully one day we'll get past the simplistic, binary, all-or-nothing debate on unions and look for ways for them to provide strong wages, benefits and quality without hamstringing American businesses in an increasingly intense, globally competitive environment. Maybe a slightly more complicated approach to addressing this complicated issue.

It won't happen as long as the partisan ideologues are screaming, of course, but hopefully one day.

Where has American business been "hamstringed"? No I mean seriously..where?

Quite the opposite, they been given the keys to the whole shop. There are more billionaires in the country than anywhere else in the world. American companies are making more profit right now, than at any other time in human history in this very country. This country does everything to support them as well. From giving them research and products funded by US taxpayers, to fighting wars, to big fat government contracts, to the legal system and a plethora of other goodies meant to keep the economy running.

Whats the result?

We have the most billionaires in the world.

And not much in between.

Do they?

Quite honestly I don't think they give a fuck.

They'd call it "acceptable risk" or some other bullshit.

The only reason air travel is so safe is because it's the most regulated industry in this country.

And that's it.

Do they?

Quite honestly I don't think they give a fuck.

They'd call it "acceptable risk" or some other bullshit.

The only reason air travel is so safe is because it's the most regulated industry in this country.

And that's it.

LOLz.

You're logic is so bad it's hilarious.

While I see how a business doesn't like a union, I don't understand the hatred towards workers making a very good wage. Why do people want to see workers paid less and get less benefits? As a former business owner I thought of my workers as important and what made my business run. There is a definite hatred of good wages out there.

While I see how a business doesn't like a union, I don't understand the hatred towards workers making a very good wage. Why do people want to see workers paid less and get less benefits? As a former business owner I thought of my workers as important and what made my business run. There is a definite hatred of good wages out there.

Say what??!! no one hates good wages,what non union people don't like is the I am a union man,I am better than you. When in fact they are not.

I'll put up a foreign vehicle manufactured in the South up against any vehicle made in the big 3 in Detroit any day of the week! Likewise demonstrated in the schools of Northern municipalities, higher pay and benefits does not equal a better product. A work culture with an entitlement mentality where it is dang near impossible to fire the bad apples is dangerous for quality and productivity.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVmKyJXHXRE]Detroit Auto Workers Busted on the Job Drinking Beer & Smoking Pot on Break.flv - YouTube[/ame]

None of these people were fired. Even after they made another video a year later of these guys doing the same thing again. Only that time it was outside their Local!

Last edited:

You obviously dont know shit about machining and the quality control process.
None union shops turn out a far better product through communication among the machinist,engineers and designers. There isnt any of the "you have no input because it's MY job" bullshit.
On top of that,in none union shops only the best people work on close tolerance work.
It's not decided by how long you've worked there it's about how good you are.
And the better you are,the more money you make. As it should be.

Naw, guy, I'm only APICS and Six Sigma Certified and have worked in manufacturing for the last 18 years...

Now, here's the thing. I do work with a right to work shop in the South that we outsourced the stuff we don't sell enough of to bother manufacturing it in house anymore.

Nothing but quality problems, never hit a delivery date once, even by accident.

Hey, I'm sure they'd be declared "Too Big to Fail", just like all the other big corporations.

But let's not forget, the Scabs at Boeing are making the new Dreamliners.

Let's see what kind of work Cleetus and Billy-Bob are doing.

Norwegian Air Shuttle Grounds Boeing 787 Dreamliner To Investigate Technical Issues

Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA on Saturday became the latest airline to ground a Boeing 787 so that officials from the American company can examine what appears to be a technical problem.

Norwegian spokesman Lasse Sandaker-Nielsen said Saturday that the plane "has not been reliable enough and passengers have been subjected to too many delays." He declined to identify the technical glitches encountered.

In the meantime, the Scandinavian low-cost carrier will lease an Airbus A340 to fly on its two new long-haul destinations between Stockholm, Sweden, and New York and Bangkok.

In an email, Boeing said it had agreed to "implement a number of enhancements to improve the airplane's in-service reliability," and that the jet would be out of service for "a matter of days."

Redneck-Mechanics.jpg

If left up to me, EVERY job would have union representation.

That's because you're a wimp who you needs your hand held. Just face the fact that some of us are smarter and have bigger balls than you and do things for ourselves.

Guy, I doubt either.

And if you think your balls are large enough to protect you from someone intent on screwing you over, you are delusional.

Hopefully one day we'll get past the simplistic, binary, all-or-nothing debate on unions and look for ways for them to provide strong wages, benefits and quality without hamstringing American businesses in an increasingly intense, globally competitive environment. Maybe a slightly more complicated approach to addressing this complicated issue.

It won't happen as long as the partisan ideologues are screaming, of course, but hopefully one day.

It will not happen while management still looks to labor to take the pain their bad decisions cause while keeping the rewards for themselves and the stockholders. Some of that must translate to higher wages at some point. Wage parity with China is not a goal anyone should look forward to.

The purpose of a corporation is to maximize shareholder value. That's the bottom line. Corporations exist for the benefit of their shareholders, not their employees.

You can certainly make a reasonable case that making life better for employees would lead to better quality, which would lead to increased shareholder value -- as long as you can balance that with market forces -- but at least understand why a corporation exists.

It's the job of our Representatives not to to allow businesses to ship our careers off to other nations.
Or there won't be a nation to represent.

Understand that Joe believes Government created everything and that the only reason "privet" Unions are good is because of their close ties to the Democrat party, bluing that line between privet and public.

Guy, I would be more impressed with your argument if you didn't think "private" was spelled "privet".

Like most LiberTARDians, you need to put down the bong and the Ayn Rand and join us in the real world.

None union shops turn out a far better product through communication among the machinist,engineers and designers. There isnt any of the "you have no input because it's MY job" bullshit.
On top of that,in none union shops only the best people work on close tolerance work.

Naw, guy, I'm only APICS and Six Sigma Certified and have worked in manufacturing for the last 18 years...

Now, here's the thing. I do work with a right to work shop in the South that we outsourced the stuff we don't sell enough of to bother manufacturing it in house anymore.

So your inability to source good firms,equates to all non union shops being bad?? is that right?

Refer back to the entitlement mentality of union workers,calling non union scabs typical ,response from people that NEED a collective.

So your inability to source good firms,equates to all non union shops being bad?? is that right?

Refer back to the entitlement mentality of union workers,calling non union scabs typical ,response from people that NEED a collective.

I didn't do the sourcing. Left to me, I'd have fired them a long time ago. But they PAID us for these designs, and that means that they have the exclusive right to make them.

And a Scab specifically refers to someone who crosses a picket line.

Again, we'd be better off if EVERY workplace had union representation. It would eliminate bad managers.

I didn't do the sourcing. Left to me, I'd have fired them a long time ago. But they PAID us for these designs, and that means that they have the exclusive right to make them.

Again, we'd be better off if EVERY workplace had union representation. It would eliminate bad managers.

Nice dodge,you ignore your preposition to look down on people,typical of the entitlement mentality.

And how would a union prevent bad managers,or anything for that matter. I have seen some real bad shop stewards,it works both ways.

The single mindedness of pro union people get in the way of real thinkers all the time.

Nice dodge,you ignore your preposition to look down on people,typical of the entitlement mentality.

And how would a union prevent bad managers,or anything for that matter. I have seen some real bad shop stewards,it works both ways.

The single mindedness of pro union people get in the way of real thinkers all the time.

Well, for one thing, if a manager has to explain his decisions to a union, he isn't going to make as many bad, capricious decisions.

What does an "entitlement" mentality, whatever the fuck that is, have to do with looking down on people.

I look down on southerners because by and large, you are mostly stone cold stupid.

"Yup, Cleetus and I will totally work for less money in a less safe environment... yuck, yuck".

Well, for one thing, if a manager has to explain his decisions to a union, he isn't going to make as many bad, capricious decisions.

What does an "entitlement" mentality, whatever the fuck that is, have to do with looking down on people.

I look down on southerners because by and large, you are mostly stone cold stupid.

"Yup, Cleetus and I will totally work for less money in a less safe environment... yuck, yuck".

Good god man you indite yourself evrytime you open your yap. Not to bigoted are we?

And you question other peoples mental capacity??!!

Good god man you indite yourself evrytime you open your yap. Not to bigoted are we?

And you question other peoples mental capacity??!!

Just like things sound smarter when they are said with a British accent, they sound dumber when they are said in a southern accent.

Forum List

Back