The Death of Private Sector Unions: Boeing Wins Contract Fight with Machinists Union

Again, when I'm flying at 20,000 feet in a metal tube at 400 MPH, I really want the guys who put it together to be well trained and satisfied with their jobs. I want them well paid.

I don't want it made in a "Right to Work" state by the guy who got turned down for the job of Possum Catcher.

Just curious, Joe, and I don't expect an intelligent answer from you because you've proven repeatedly to be dumber than a big of shit, but do you really think Boeing has a vested interest in constantly churning out planes that were dropping from the sky killing a few hundred people at a time because they hired some redneck in Alabama who got turned down for the job of possum catcher on the cheap? How long do you think they'd be in business?

Do they?

Quite honestly I don't think they give a fuck.

They'd call it "acceptable risk" or some other bullshit.

The only reason air travel is so safe is because it's the most regulated industry in this country.

And that's it.

Do you seriously believe that a machine shop hired to manufacture parts for Boeing is going to turn out defective parts?
First of all the idea that parts would get past QC is so remote as to be nonexistent.
Secondly the machine shop can be held liable for defective parts.
You really dont know shit about the aerospace manufacturing process and the stringent rules that MUST be followed.
They will reject a part if a simple bevel is out of tolerance even if it has nothing to do with how that part functions.
You might want to find something to argue about thats more along your level of intelligence....like operating a Cool Aide stand.

Again, when I'm flying at 20,000 feet in a metal tube at 400 MPH, I really want the guys who put it together to be well trained and satisfied with their jobs. I want them well paid.

I don't want it made in a "Right to Work" state by the guy who got turned down for the job of Possum Catcher.

You obviously dont know shit about machining and the quality control process.
None union shops turn out a far better product through communication among the machinist,engineers and designers. There isnt any of the "you have no input because it's MY job" bullshit.
On top of that,in none union shops only the best people work on close tolerance work.
It's not decided by how long you've worked there it's about how good you are.
And the better you are,the more money you make. As it should be.

Naw, guy, I'm only APICS and Six Sigma Certified and have worked in manufacturing for the last 18 years...

Now, here's the thing. I do work with a right to work shop in the South that we outsourced the stuff we don't sell enough of to bother manufacturing it in house anymore.

Nothing but quality problems, never hit a delivery date once, even by accident.

18 years? Rookie.
I've manufactured everything from Aerospace to artificial hearts and everything in between for well over 25 years.
And the fact that you think parts of that type would ever get past in house QC let alone the follow up inspection by the final customer tells me you dont know shit.

Fun watching another TamponKotex thread crash and burn (just like Detroit's economy).

So boop? What exactly do you know about the manufacturing process involved in aerospace parts? I would bet absolutely nothing.
So why would you even stick your neck out only to get yourself curb stomped by people who actually know all about it?

Just curious, Joe, and I don't expect an intelligent answer from you because you've proven repeatedly to be dumber than a big of shit, but do you really think Boeing has a vested interest in constantly churning out planes that were dropping from the sky killing a few hundred people at a time because they hired some redneck in Alabama who got turned down for the job of possum catcher on the cheap? How long do you think they'd be in business?

Do they?

The only reason air travel is so safe is because it's the most regulated industry in this country.

And that's it.

Do you seriously believe that a machine shop hired to manufacture parts for Boeing is going to turn out defective parts?
First of all the idea that parts would get past QC is so remote as to be nonexistent.
You really dont know shit about the aerospace manufacturing process and the stringent rules that MUST be followed.
They will reject a part if a simple bevel is out of tolerance even if it has nothing to do with how that part functions.
You might want to find something to argue about thats more along your level of intelligence....like operating a Cool Aide stand.

Do yourself a favor and have a look at less regulated industries and markets..

China's food industry provides an excellent example.

Do they?

And that's it.

Again,you obviously dont know shit about machining and the QC process involved with Aerospace products. You MUST follow all QC protocols to even be considered as a vendor. There are no short cuts.
Even oil field machining has become incredibly stringent over the past ten years.
You dont just make a part and ship it. From the time the materials leave the vendor to the time of delivery,the heat #s and material data are recorded every step of the way.
If you lose track of that heat # and data at any point in the manufacturing process that part is scraped. You cant cheat the system.
Inspection is done by the manufacturer and recorded. If those numbers dont match when the final customer checks those parts you will no longer be a vendor.
Go back to your Cool Aide stand..........

Do they?

And that's it.

Why the fuck do I care about china's food industry? And what exactly does that have to do with Boeing?

And you think,union people are better,then non union?

And Boing wouldn't make sure of the quality,without a union?

Boeing has done a lot of outsourcing to foreign countries.and Boeing has had its share of troubles with the dreamliners. Maybe a connection there. Just my thought, I don't know that profession.

You obviously dont know shit about machining and the quality control process.
None union shops turn out a far better product through communication among the machinist,engineers and designers. There isnt any of the "you have no input because it's MY job" bullshit.
On top of that,in none union shops only the best people work on close tolerance work.
It's not decided by how long you've worked there it's about how good you are.
And the better you are,the more money you make. As it should be.

Naw, guy, I'm only APICS and Six Sigma Certified and have worked in manufacturing for the last 18 years...

Now, here's the thing. I do work with a right to work shop in the South that we outsourced the stuff we don't sell enough of to bother manufacturing it in house anymore.

18 years? Rookie.
I've manufactured everything from Aerospace to artificial hearts and everything in between for well over 25 years.
And the fact that you think parts of that type would ever get past in house QC let alone the follow up inspection by the final customer tells me you dont know shit.

Then please explain to me how come the Boeing Dreamliner has had so many technical problems if the QC there is the bomb? Oddly, parts are made in the Possum Plant, not that this is a big surprise.

But I'm sure Billy Bob and Cleetus are right on top of that shit.

A good worker is never not looking for a better job. In fact, a good worker takes time every day to be looking to move on from their current job and is always always always looking for higher wages and better benefits and is ready to walk out at any time on their current employer. Workers need to brighten up and learn how to stick it to poor employers by leaving when needed most. Sounds bad, but in the end, we all know it is the absolute truth in the war of a company versus its employees.

A good worker is never not looking for a better job. In fact, a good worker takes time every day to be looking to move on from their current job and is always always always looking for higher wages and better benefits and is ready to walk out at any time on their current employer. Workers need to brighten up and learn how to stick it to poor employers by leaving when needed most. Sounds bad, but in the end, we all know it is the absolute truth in the war of a company versus its employees.

Not really.

Frankly, most employers wouldn't want the guy who is looking for the next job.

When you have a person who changes jobs every two years on his resume, that's usually a pretty big warning sign about that employee. Either he quits a lot or he gets fired a lot.

I disagree. A good worker is always looking to find a way to some how stick it to his employer. If he can walk off the job for a better one when needed most, he has won a great battle.

In the epic struggle of worker versus employer (a large aspect of capitalism) one way a worker can get ahead is to constantly look for better employment and if possible leave when most needed by his/her current employer.

18 years? Rookie.

Then please explain to me how come the Boeing Dreamliner has had so many technical problems if the QC there is the bomb? Oddly, parts are made in the Possum Plant, not that this is a big surprise.

But I'm sure Billy Bob and Cleetus are right on top of that shit.

You do realize that problems at roll out of a new aircraft are common right? Especially when they've changed things in such a dramatic way as they did with the Dreamliner.
Take the new Airbus 380 for example. All kinds of problems.
So do ya think AirBus had their machine work done in the south?

https://www.google.com/search?q=eur...pv=210&q=problems+with+the+new+new+airbus+380

Seriously dude,you're showing your ignorance on this topic with every post.
But feel free to continue.

Again,you obviously dont know shit about machining and the QC process involved with Aerospace products. You MUST follow all QC protocols to even be considered as a vendor. There are no short cuts.
Even oil field machining has become incredibly stringent over the past ten years.
You dont just make a part and ship it. From the time the materials leave the vendor to the time of delivery,the heat #s and material data are recorded every step of the way.
If you lose track of that heat # and data at any point in the manufacturing process that part is scraped. You cant cheat the system.
Inspection is done by the manufacturer and recorded. If those numbers dont match when the final customer checks those parts you will no longer be a vendor.
Take your own advice.

I posted that the Airline industry is the most heavily regulated business in the US. It's also probably the most heavily subsidized as well.

You think all those regulations came about by...self policing?

:lol:

Take your own advice.

I posted that the Airline industry is the most heavily regulated business in the US. It's also probably the most heavily subsidized as well.

You think all those regulations came about by...self policing?

:lol:

Keep showing your ass.
The problems with the roll out have nothing to do with manufacturing quality,it has to do with design.
As I've said multiple times now,parts VERY rarely get past QC if they are faulty and I dont give a shit who makes them.
They are to print...period.

Forum List

Back