The conventional thinking that unemployment benefits are discouraging job seeking simply isn’t true

That has nothing to do with Biden's policies.
Uhh it does actually. Unemployment benefits were in the stimulus law.

Except Trump passed the first two stimulus laws. And the recovery began during HIS administration.

That law was only playing off the successes of the previous two.

Jobless claims are at a 14 month pandemic low.

Humans being human, you'll always find a significant number who will take something for nothing.

James and I were in Springfield yesterday.

You'd really have to look to find a business that wasn't hiring.

Same as the little town we live outside of.

A friend of ours owns a small business he may have to close because he can't find anyone who wants to work these days.

Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit lies.

Except Trump passed the first two stimulus laws. And the recovery began during HIS administration.

Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now? It’s ALL Trump’s doing? Somehow Biden’s stimulus means dick but the other two do. Oh gee how convenient. You couldn’t explain how if your life depended on it.

Of course a key difference with the laws Trump signed off on is that his dumbass had nothing to do with their designs. Congress created them. Biden’s law, on the other hand, is his signature legislation.

Jobless claims are at a 14 month pandemic low.

Humans being human, you'll always find a significant number who will take something for nothing.

James and I were in Springfield yesterday.

You'd really have to look to find a business that wasn't hiring.

Same as the little town we live outside of.

A friend of ours owns a small business he may have to close because he can't find anyone who wants to work these days.

Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit lies.

So right. Its the same where I live. Hiring signs are everywhere. Many offering bonuses. Hell the local McDonalds is offering $11 an hour to start yet not many come in for applications. Why work when you are being paid to sit on your ass??

Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now? It’s ALL Trump’s doing? Somehow Biden’s stimulus means dick but the other two do. Oh gee how convenient. You couldn’t explain how if your life depended on it.

Of course a key difference with the laws Trump signed off on is that his dumbass had nothing to do with their designs. Congress created them. Biden’s law, on the other hand, is his signature legislation.
You clowns were giving Barry credit for Trump’s economy right up to the pandemic, then all the sudden Trump owned it.

Yeah, the job situation is so good My wife cannot get anyone to apply for many open positions and the local grocery store has to close the deli at 5 pm because they have no one to work the counter from 5 to 8 pm.

This is NOT anecdotal. It is a repeated story all across the USA.

Last edited:
Yes it does.

My wife is the HR manager where she works and oversees 4 facilities in 3 states and will absolutely tell you people don't want to work because of unemployment.

I've seen it also where I work. Myself and 5 other people have been the only ones to never have been off work the past year.

Now where I work we see a lot of people applying but never taking calls to work. They just want to say they are looking for work so they can keep those unemployment checks coming. People got spoiled last year by not having to work and now a lot of them don't want to work again, they keep wanting uncle sucker to pay them for nothing.

For four almost years the claim was Trump had nothing to do with the economy and now you want us to believe that in 100 days it's Biden's economy? This reminds me of 2001, Bush was sworn in 45 days later the pending recession hit and it was his recession.

Help me understand your logic.

Our industry can't handle the demand and are short employees. Our company can't get workers and it is industry wide.

The housing market is booming, they are in need of real estate agents and builders are also having a hiring issue and now homes are 12-18 months out because of the demand.

Jobs are out there and there are a lot of them and they are not getting filled.

Yeah, the job situation is so good My wife cannot get anyone to apply for many open positions and the local grocery store has to close the deli at 5pm because they have no one to work the counter from 5 to 8 pm.

Thnis is NOT anectdoal. It is a repeated story all across the USA.
Same where I live. Hiring signs are all over but they don't get many applicants.

Hell McDonalds here is paying $11 to start and many are giving bonuses hoping to get someone in to hire.

Why work when you are getting paid to sit on your ass.

Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now?

Why should he?

May 2009---According to Dems, economy was still Bushs

May 2017---According to Dems, economy was still Obamas

May 2021---Biden created a miracle...ALL HAIL BIDEN.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back