The conventional thinking that unemployment benefits are discouraging job seeking simply isn’t true

Yes it does.

My wife is the HR manager where she works and oversees 4 facilities in 3 states and will absolutely tell you people don't want to work because of unemployment.

I've seen it also where I work. Myself and 5 other people have been the only ones to never have been off work the past year.

Now where I work we see a lot of people applying but never taking calls to work. They just want to say they are looking for work so they can keep those unemployment checks coming. People got spoiled last year by not having to work and now a lot of them don't want to work again, they keep wanting uncle sucker to pay them for nothing.
I work in an 'essential' industry and have not missed a day of work -- due to shutdowns -- since the whole covid thing began.

The shutdowns slowed the trickle of applicants for work significantly and we are so severely understaffed that we are being forced into O/T to cover the shortages.

What is really strange is that if they worked where I work, they would be making significantly more than the government will pay them to stay home. They don't care. Staying home has no expenses associated with day-to-day living and their unemployment seems to cover their laziness.

Jobless claims are at a 14 month pandemic low.

You think you're "mature" wanting government to do everything for you, that's classic.

And you're a liar, of course playing people more to not work than to work is hurting employment. No one is as stupid as you are

Yes it does.

My wife is the HR manager where she works and oversees 4 facilities in 3 states and will absolutely tell you people don't want to work because of unemployment.

I've seen it also where I work. Myself and 5 other people have been the only ones to never have been off work the past year.

Now where I work we see a lot of people applying but never taking calls to work. They just want to say they are looking for work so they can keep those unemployment checks coming. People got spoiled last year by not having to work and now a lot of them don't want to work again, they keep wanting uncle sucker to pay them for nothing.
This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.

Many states are lifting COVID restrictions and NEW jobless claims are "ONLY" 498,000...you're touting this as a good thing? Dumbass.
You idiots always miss the point. Regardless of why jobs are being created, the point is that unemployment benefits do not discourage work.

Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now?
No. He has barely been in office for 3 1/2 months.
And yet the stimulus law is in full force.

Regardless of why jobs are being created, the point of my thread is that those benefits are not discouraging seeking employment.

Nice deflection and dodge.

Hence the use of the word "regardless"

You are dismissed.
Well it’s still true the economy is doing better because of the law. Consumer spending is up. What’s also true which you apparently still aren’t getting, is that unemployment benefits do not discourage people from seeking work.

Regardless of why jobs are being created, the point of my thread is that those benefits are not discouraging seeking employment.

You are dismissed.

Are you serious?

You are dismissed.

Take your pre-spun facts with you, too.

That has nothing to do with Biden's policies.
Uhh it does actually. Unemployment benefits were in the stimulus law.

Except Trump passed the first two stimulus laws. And the recovery began during HIS administration.

That law was only playing off the successes of the previous two.
Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now? It’s ALL Trump’s doing? Somehow Biden’s stimulus means dick but the other two do. Oh gee how convenient. You couldn’t explain how if your life depended on it.

Of course a key difference with the laws Trump signed off on is that his dumbass had nothing to do with their designs. Congress created them. Biden’s law, on the other hand, is his signature legislation.

Why should he?

May 2009---According to Dems, economy was still Bushs

May 2016---According to Dems, economy was still Obamas

May 2021---Biden created a miracle...ALL HAIL BIDEN.

Just read.

You are dismissed.

Take your pre-spun facts with you, too.
If I’m right, I’m right.

Many states are lifting COVID restrictions and NEW jobless claims are "ONLY" 498,000...you're touting this as a good thing? Dumbass.
You idiots always miss the point. Regardless of why jobs are being created, the point is that unemployment benefits do not discourage work.
Correct.

That they do is another lie from the dishonest right.

That's an interesting anaylsis Billy. Thanks. I really don't know. The hospitality scene in my local failed city is still dismal, but UI may not have anything to do with that. I was in Beaufort SC 3 weeks ago ... and the joint's hopping. My kid goes from there back to Philly next week. I wonder what's happening there. I like Philly. It's not off my list for my final move. I wonder what's happening elsewhere.

That has nothing to do with Biden's policies.
Uhh it does actually. Unemployment benefits were in the stimulus law.

Except Trump passed the first two stimulus laws. And the recovery began during HIS administration.

That law was only playing off the successes of the previous two.
Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now? It’s ALL Trump’s doing? Somehow Biden’s stimulus means dick but the other two do. Oh gee how convenient. You couldn’t explain how if your life depended on it.

Of course a key difference with the laws Trump signed off on is that his dumbass had nothing to do with their designs. Congress created them. Biden’s law, on the other hand, is his signature legislation.

Why should he?

May 2009---According to Dems, economy was still Bushs

May 2016---According to Dems, economy was still Obamas

May 2021---Biden created a miracle...ALL HAIL BIDEN.

Just read.

Right...

After he leaves office, Joe can be a spokesman for

1620316527220.png

Yes it does.

This fails as a hasty generalization fallacy.
IT's also totally non-responsive and even contrary to the OP. What Resnic says may actually be true, and it's not unlike what I've seen ..... yet there ARE less UI claims. There has to be a reason for that fact.

Forum List

Back