The conventional thinking that unemployment benefits are discouraging job seeking simply isn’t true

Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now?
No. He has barely been in office for 3 1/2 months.
And yet the stimulus law is in full force.

Regardless of why jobs are being created, the point of my thread is that those benefits are not discouraging seeking employment.

Nice deflection and dodge.

Hence the use of the word "regardless"

You are dismissed.

Take your pre-spun facts with you, too.
If I’m right, I’m right.

Just because you insist upon being right does not in fact make you right. There are business owners on this board who would swiftly disagree with your "facts".

Facts and experience are two different things, Billy. You don't have any experience whatsoever. You don't even ask these people, the people who are experiencing this first hand, what's actually happening on the ground.

So stuff it, hack.

That has nothing to do with Biden's policies.
Uhh it does actually. Unemployment benefits were in the stimulus law.

Except Trump passed the first two stimulus laws. And the recovery began during HIS administration.

That law was only playing off the successes of the previous two.
Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now? It’s ALL Trump’s doing? Somehow Biden’s stimulus means dick but the other two do. Oh gee how convenient. You couldn’t explain how if your life depended on it.

Of course a key difference with the laws Trump signed off on is that his dumbass had nothing to do with their designs. Congress created them. Biden’s law, on the other hand, is his signature legislation.

Why should he?

May 2009---According to Dems, economy was still Bushs

May 2016---According to Dems, economy was still Obamas

May 2021---Biden created a miracle...ALL HAIL BIDEN.

Just read.
I did read, and I just read the title.

Consumer spending almost always goes up when a stimulus is passed. That doesn't necessarily translate into economic recovery.

Regardless of why jobs are being created, the point of my thread is that those benefits are not discouraging seeking employment.

You are dismissed.

If I’m right, I’m right.

Just because you insist upon being right does not in fact make you right. There are business owners on this board who would swiftly disagree with your "facts".

Facts and experience are two different things, Billy. You don't have any experience whatsoever. You don't even ask these people, the people who are experiencing this first hand, what's actually happening on the ground.

So stuff it, hack.
But TK the facts are facts. Manchin (and me) were concerned that extending UI would cause more people to file until benefits were exhausted. Yet fewer people are filing for UI. The predicted cause-effect is not happening. We should be seeing people hanging onto benefits through Aug, but we aren't.

Except Trump passed the first two stimulus laws. And the recovery began during HIS administration.

Lol so Biden gets no credit whatsoever for the economy now? It’s ALL Trump’s doing? Somehow Biden’s stimulus means dick but the other two do. Oh gee how convenient. You couldn’t explain how if your life depended on it.

Of course a key difference with the laws Trump signed off on is that his dumbass had nothing to do with their designs. Congress created them. Biden’s law, on the other hand, is his signature legislation.

Why should he?

Just read.

Right...

After he leaves office, Joe can be a spokesman for

View attachment 487647
The facts speak for themselves.

Why should he?

Just read.

Consumer spending almost always goes up when a stimulus is passed. That doesn't necessarily translate into economic recovery.
As you may have noticed, incomes rose in part because of the stimulus.

Why should he?

Just read.

Right...

After he leaves office, Joe can be a spokesman for

View attachment 487647
The facts speak for themselves.

Yes, they do.

May 2017---According to Dems, economy was still Obamas

Last edited:

Why should he?

Ewe do know in May of 2016 Obama was still in office right,
MAGA

Why should he?

Just read.

And when the money is spent, the incomes drop again.

You seriously don't know how this works do you? Stimuli in this case are temporary.

And since that is an indisputable fact, that only means the economic recovery will be too.

You think stimulus bills are some sort of permanent solution to our economic crises. The only permanent stimulus is a steady income, a job.

Please, continue demonstrating how clueless you are on this subject.

If a business has a hard time finding workers it is all on the business not being a good place to work. This idea that nobody wants to work is abject rubbish.

You are dismissed.

If I’m right, I’m right.

So stuff it, hack.
But TK the facts are facts. Manchin (and me) were concerned that extending UI would cause more people to file until benefits were exhausted. Yet fewer people are filing for UI. The predicted cause-effect is not happening. We should be seeing people hanging onto benefits through Aug, but we aren't.

As I said, facts do not tell the story of experience.

So no. I don't accept facts unless they are backed by the combined experiences of more than just a few employers on a statistical survey.

Why should he?

Just read.

You seriously don't know how this works do you? Stimuli in this case are temporary.

And since that is an indisputable fact, that only means the economic recovery will be too.

You think stimulus bills are some sort of permanent solution to our economic crises. The only permanent stimulus is a steady income, a job.

I think you are totally misreading what Billy posts. He didn't advocate extending UI benefits forever simply to extend them.

Why should he?

Just read.

I think you are totally misreading what Billy posts. He didn't advocate extending UI benefits forever simply to extend them.

The inference was made the moment Billy claimed the stimulus was the direct cause of the economic recovery.

You are dismissed.

If I’m right, I’m right.

So stuff it, hack.

So no. I don't accept facts unless they are backed by the combined experiences of more than just a few employers on a statistical survey.
The OP is NOT "a few employers on a statistical survey"

facts are stubborn things.

Why should he?

Just read.

Dude incomes are incomes lol. They are what people are making from their jobs.

You are dismissed.

If I’m right, I’m right.

So stuff it, hack.

The OP is NOT "a few employers on a statistical survey"

facts are stubborn things.

So is reading comprehension.

Billy never claimed to be an employer.

Why should he?

Just read.

Stimulus checks are not from a job, you idiot. They are direct disbursements from the government treasury. Taxpayer money.

I got a stimulus check, and I can guarantee you I didn't earn a dime of it.

Why should he?

Just read.

Stimulus checks are not from a job, you idiot. They are direct disbursements from the government treasury. Taxpayer money.

I got a stimulus check, and I can guarantee you I didn't earn a dime of it.
Hey moron, the checks are not obviously not what I was referring to. I was referring to JOBS.

Forum List

Back