The Conservative Case For Welfare

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Not to be outdone by the Democrats, Republican senator Mitt Romney has proposed the Family Security Act. It would “provide a monthly cash benefit for families, amounting to $350 a month for each young child, and $250 a month for each school-aged child.” It will supposedly cut “child poverty by up to one-third in America.” Parents would be eligible to apply to receive the benefit four months prior to a child’s due date. The maximum monthly payment available to parents would be $1,250 per family. This is accomplished by reducing the benefit by $50 for every $1,000 above the current CTC income phaseout thresholds of $200,000 for single-filers and $400,000 for joint-filers. The monthly payments would be administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA). The benefit would be “paid for” by consolidating “overlapping and often duplicative federal policies into direct support for families” and by eliminating the State and Local Tax Deduction (SALT).

:rolleyes: <<<<<<<<<MY OPINION

The Conservative Case for Welfare

• Banned
But wait! There's more- if you order now!

This is what the paternalists just don’t get. When you make a peaceful activity illegal, you get a black market that involve massive violence. Not just when then banned booze but also when they banned drugs. Where do the paternalists think all those drug cartels and booze gangs came from?

Do the do-gooders ever take personal responsibility for the deaths and suffering their paternalistic bans cause? Of course not. They exclaim, “Please judge us by our good intentions, not by the actual results of our paternalistic programs.”

I wonder how long the American people will put up with this paternalistic nonsense. When will people rise up and say, “Butt out of my life”? Even better, when will they rise up and demand a ban on paternalistic government?

Ban Paternalistic Government

This is what the paternalists just don’t get. When you make a peaceful activity illegal, you get a black market that involve massive violence. Not just when then banned booze but also when they banned drugs.
And you think registering, controlling, and banning guns is somehow more effective than banning drugs or controlling rotgut bootleg liquor?

Not to be outdone by the Democrats, Republican senator Mitt Romney has proposed the Family Security Act. It would “provide a monthly cash benefit for families, amounting to $350 a month for each young child, and $250 a month for each school-aged child.” It will supposedly cut “child poverty by up to one-third in America.” Parents would be eligible to apply to receive the benefit four months prior to a child’s due date. The maximum monthly payment available to parents would be $1,250 per family. This is accomplished by reducing the benefit by $50 for every $1,000 above the current CTC income phaseout thresholds of $200,000 for single-filers and $400,000 for joint-filers. The monthly payments would be administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA). The benefit would be “paid for” by consolidating “overlapping and often duplicative federal policies into direct support for families” and by eliminating the State and Local Tax Deduction (SALT).

FUCK YES, I can use that money for open drugs inside my Democrat run city. Crack's getting expensive.

Romney is a puke, he's Democrat through and through. Dude is twisted.

Which will just lead to people having babies so they can get the money

Mitt Romney? LOL.....he is more demonRat than conservative, he is conservative only in name.

He is pure scum....didn't you know that OP? :dunno:

Forum List

Back