The Case Against free speech: we need to combat fascism, my friends

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
this is how we end racism and inequality

free speech is a hollow signifier, a guise for the wealthy and powerful to oppress the poor.

• Banned
what is free speech to someone who works 60 hours a week on a minimum wage and has no platform?

• Banned
the fake media is a propaganda tool. Noam Chomsky and Trump agree on that!

• Banned
people are free only if and only if their material conditions are equal, my friends

what is free speech to someone who works 60 hours a week on a minimum wage and has no platform?
Is there a gun at the head of the person working 60 hours a week? Why is the moron still working for minimum wage unless that is all his intelligence requires of him? Why are you still working 60 hours a week on minimum wage?

Is there a gun at the head of the person working 60 hours a week? Why is the moron still working for minimum wage unless that is all his intelligence requires of him? Why are you still working 60 hours a week on minimum wage?

In high school minimum wage for me was $4.25 an hour. By the 4th month I was there I was bumped up to $4.75, and by the time I left high school I was up to $6.00 an hour.

Minimum wage didn't go up, but my abilities did, and my boss wanted to retain me because of it.

And I was just some high-schooler at the time.

free speech is a hollow signifier, a guise for the wealthy and powerful to oppress the poor.

Free speech oppresses no one ever.

It most certainly can. Many of our freedoms can have negative consequences. The idea is that those consequences are not as bad as the alternative.

Exactly. If the police had powers to arrest at will, enter homes at will, and detain people indefinitely, they could probably reduce crime significantly.

It most certainly can. Many of our freedoms can have negative consequences. The idea is that those consequences are not as bad as the alternative.

I never said anything about consequences.

I stated free speech oppresses no one and that is absolute fact

The crux of the progressive argument is twofold. One, that hate speech automatically leads to hate actions, even if subconscious.

The second part is that words and actions are interchangeable, thus hurtful words are the same as hurtful actions.

You are unable to state as fact something that affects someone else.

Forum List

Back