The Cappucino Corral

My family is somewhat dysfunctional but yeah, I'd still say yes here.

I want the dog in that picture.

That's not a dog....it's a wolf!

You just blew my mind!

Yep, I always try to put wolf avi's of wolves in a friendly light. That one wants to play, LOL.

We had a couple of Siberian Huskies, and one of them, gray with blue eyes could have passed for a wolf.

Yep, Huskies or Malamutes. Hard to tell the difference. Beautiful dogs but they can have a headstrong personality. My friend had one that you could not keep with a cat-she would chase it everywhere.

Hmmmmmmm.

Ive been looking for a place to shoot the shit........about stuff.

Is this it?

My lovely.....almost perfect in every way....daughter has entered into a very serious relationship with a West Point Cadet.

I wonder if the cadet will be able to keep up?

You are super welcome to be here, LoneLaugher , that is a joy for me!

Join the Cappucinistas of the world!!!

:lol:

Hmmmmmmm.

Ive been looking for a place to shoot the shit........about stuff.

Is this it?

My lovely.....almost perfect in every way....daughter has entered into a very serious relationship with a West Point Cadet.

I wonder if the cadet will be able to keep up?

Trust your daughter to have good judgment and pick someone that she knows her dad would approve of.

From the viewpoint of a dad, yes, that is very important!

I'm so disappointed with Home Depot.....we were trying to get a bi-fold door to go between our den and our sunroom so we checked with them. Had a guy come out and measure, and told us that Home Depot would be able to cut if need be, one of the many bi-fold doors they carry. After waiting for 3 days and not hearing from them, we called, they couldn't find the paperwork they started on us, but finally the guy was able to find the "measurements" that one of their workers took 3 days before!!! So, we went in, and had to wait for a while as no one was in the "door" area. Finally, after Mr. Mertex went up to customer service and inquired, they sent someone to help us. Well, long story short, they didn't have a door to fit our measurements, and they don't cut or custom make doors, so we just wasted a whole week with them, damn. I found another place that has a web-site and advertises just what we need. Hope this one doesn't do the same as Home Depot!
I have had a lot of trouble there recently as well. They have screwed up several orders for us. I wish we had the old fashioned local hardware stores here but they all went out when HD and Lowes opened.

I guess they are okay for plants, tools, and other things they carry, but not so sure about major jobs, unless you have a lot of patience and don't mind dealing with people that may not be experts in that particular field.

Another big issue is they contract out work. So you never know what you will get. A friend of ours had her kitchen done by them and it was beautiful, another did as well and it looked like a high school shop class built it. It was awful. Of course its warrantied by the Home Depot so they do come back and fix it but its a hassle.

I'm so disappointed with Home Depot.....we were trying to get a bi-fold door to go between our den and our sunroom so we checked with them. Had a guy come out and measure, and told us that Home Depot would be able to cut if need be, one of the many bi-fold doors they carry. After waiting for 3 days and not hearing from them, we called, they couldn't find the paperwork they started on us, but finally the guy was able to find the "measurements" that one of their workers took 3 days before!!! So, we went in, and had to wait for a while as no one was in the "door" area. Finally, after Mr. Mertex went up to customer service and inquired, they sent someone to help us. Well, long story short, they didn't have a door to fit our measurements, and they don't cut or custom make doors, so we just wasted a whole week with them, damn. I found another place that has a web-site and advertises just what we need. Hope this one doesn't do the same as Home Depot!
I have had a lot of trouble there recently as well. They have screwed up several orders for us. I wish we had the old fashioned local hardware stores here but they all went out when HD and Lowes opened.

I guess they are okay for plants, tools, and other things they carry, but not so sure about major jobs, unless you have a lot of patience and don't mind dealing with people that may not be experts in that particular field.

Another big issue is they contract out work. So you never know what you will get. A friend of ours had her kitchen done by them and it was beautiful, another did as well and it looked like a high school shop class built it. It was awful. Of course its warrantied by the Home Depot so they do come back and fix it but its a hassle.

That's true. We hired Home Depot about 8 years ago to replace the siding on our house with hardi-plank and they did a great job. We were very pleased with the work and it still looks great. However, lately, we've had several things that we have been disappointed with. We went to them to tile our master bath, and they dropped the ball on that. We ended up going to another company who did an outstanding job. I suppose it can be a luck of the draw with Home Depot.

Hope everyone is having a great day...

good-morning-everyone.jpg

Go Giants!

Mad Bum was Great last night. Let's hope we put KC away on Tuesday Evening. I wonder who Alex Smith (the Chiefs QB) will root for, he's in a tough spot, a Giants fan when he played for the 9ers, he was even sanctioned by the NFL for wearing a Giants Cap in a post Niner Game Press Conference?
Well...we'll see how old "Mr Personality" Peavy pitches, and the KC pitchers last night were not their best.

I'm resisting getting too happy. It wouldn't be the first time KC wins at home, against us.

Last edited:

I went through Lowes for my kitchen and they did a great job. I spent a lot of time hands on supervising which might have made a difference but I knew exactly what I wanted and that is what I ended up with. I have had friends comment that it looks like we spent 3 or 4 times what it actually cost.

Speaking of Lowes I had to take back an outdoor lamp that failed. They swapped it out without any hassle at all. In that respect they are better than HD in my opinion.

I went through Lowes for my kitchen and they did a great job. I spent a lot of time hands on supervising which might have made a difference but I knew exactly what I wanted and that is what I ended up with. I have had friends comment that it looks like we spent 3 or 4 times what it actually cost.

Speaking of Lowes I had to take back an outdoor lamp that failed. They swapped it out without any hassle at all. In that respect they are better than HD in my opinion.
I have known people that worked at both HD and Lowes. Lowes pays way better and is very good to their employees. A local Lowes up here in New England was paying $14 an hour to start. It kind of hurt the local hardware stores though they ended up closing.

Forum List

Back