The Cappucino Corral

I'm so disappointed with Home Depot.....we were trying to get a bi-fold door to go between our den and our sunroom so we checked with them. Had a guy come out and measure, and told us that Home Depot would be able to cut if need be, one of the many bi-fold doors they carry. After waiting for 3 days and not hearing from them, we called, they couldn't find the paperwork they started on us, but finally the guy was able to find the "measurements" that one of their workers took 3 days before!!! So, we went in, and had to wait for a while as no one was in the "door" area. Finally, after Mr. Mertex went up to customer service and inquired, they sent someone to help us. Well, long story short, they didn't have a door to fit our measurements, and they don't cut or custom make doors, so we just wasted a whole week with them, damn. I found another place that has a web-site and advertises just what we need. Hope this one doesn't do the same as Home Depot!
I have had a lot of trouble there recently as well. They have screwed up several orders for us. I wish we had the old fashioned local hardware stores here but they all went out when HD and Lowes opened.

I guess they are okay for plants, tools, and other things they carry, but not so sure about major jobs, unless you have a lot of patience and don't mind dealing with people that may not be experts in that particular field.

Another big issue is they contract out work. So you never know what you will get. A friend of ours had her kitchen done by them and it was beautiful, another did as well and it looked like a high school shop class built it. It was awful. Of course its warrantied by the Home Depot so they do come back and fix it but its a hassle.

I went through Lowes for my kitchen and they did a great job. I spent a lot of time hands on supervising which might have made a difference but I knew exactly what I wanted and that is what I ended up with. I have had friends comment that it looks like we spent 3 or 4 times what it actually cost.

Speaking of Lowes I had to take back an outdoor lamp that failed. They swapped it out without any hassle at all. In that respect they are better than HD in my opinion.

I think some of their personnel are not that well trained and don't realize that they are not being attentive to the customer. When we went there to see about tiling our master bath, we had one lady working with us and I kept getting the feeling that she was not an expert based on some of her questions. My husband thought I was just being overly cautious and didn't feel the same. Well, they were supposed to call us back about how much it was going to cost after they did the measurements, and we didn't hear from them for a few days. After a while we thought, what the hey, so we called them. The lady was on sick leave (in the hospital) and nobody else knew about our project and they couldn't find any paperwork. They said we had to wait for her to come back!!! We were really pissed after having waited that long so we went to another place. They came out, measured, told us how much and had the work done before the lady even returned from sick leave. She then called us to tell us how much it was going to cost. I told her, I'm so sorry, but we've already got someone else to do the job.

The problem we were having with the bi-fold doors apparently is the same thing. The fellow that waited on us originally wasn't there when we went back after they measured, and the guy that ended up helping us obviously didn't know what to suggest, but just kept telling us what Home Depot wouldn't do. The problem was that the opening was too wide for their ready made bi-fold doors. He said they made some that were wider but since they don't cut them, he was looking for the exact size, which they didn't have. Fortunately, when the other guy came back and he told him that we had walked away, he was a little perturbed because he happens to be a contractor on the side, and knew that we had other options. He called us and said that he would be able to cut the wider door the few inches that needed to be cut and that he would be happy to come and install it (apart from Home Depot) as HD doesn't cut the doors. We were so glad that he called us back, because I was not having any luck finding any door company to do a custom bi-fold.

So, I guess it just depends on who waits on you and how much they really know whether you'll do well on a big project.

Cat torture at our house. Our Maine coon, The Great Catsby aka Tommy Terrific Big Buns aka Dammit Catsby aka Buffalo Butt managed to get a severe ear infection so, of course I had to record his misery.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414445326.094237.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414445351.877901.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414445368.677921.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414445386.049394.jpg

This was last Monday. Poor big baby is not brave and you can see that he's saying "don't look at me, don't touch me. We used our famous, patented knee-in-the-chest method to get the drops in and, happily, his shell-like ear is back to normal.

I joke about it but I can hardly stand to see a sick or hurt animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow - that icky ear photo is really big. Sorry if its too graphic. If so, I'll delete it.

And weird the way the video looks. Must be something about Tapatalk.

We really love our vet. She's so good with the animals and knows her stuff.

How insulting is it that there's a DAWG ear poster on that wall? Hope Catsby didn't notice but I don't think he was paying any attention to anything but his own unhappiness and hurty ear.

True Home Depot story ...

We were looking for a squirrel proof bird feeder. Bubba (yes, really) showed us a feeder and said that if a squirrel stuck his head in, he would be decapitated. He said,

"So, you eat, the birds eat, its all good".

I had to go around to the next aisle because I was laughing so hard.

I've had several dogs with ear infections, never in any of our cats. Long time ago, adopted a shelter kitten with ear mites. That was disgusting.

We have a Home Depot near us. They have a great garden center for plants but we don't buy anything else from them. I know enough about gardening that I know what I'm looking for and don't need to ask questions.

It's after 10pm, went out to our screened in porch to check that both cats are in. Heard rustling in the fallen leaves and chittering on the deck. Saw our twin raccoon youngsters looking for fallen bird seed. They took off but cool to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling almost energetic today. Halloween's over here, so I get a break from the madness until Thanksgiving week.

This house is like freaking Grand Central Station around a holiday. People are running in and out from 6am to 2am the next morning.

I'm feeling almost energetic today. Halloween's over here, so I get a break from the madness until Thanksgiving week.

This house is like freaking Grand Central Station around a holiday. People are running in and out from 6am to 2am the next morning.

Oh, Lord, I forgot that Halloween exists. There is no Halloween in Germany.

Oops.

:lol:

ghk-hamilton-beach-cappuccino-espresso-maker-mdn.jpg

Good Morning, dear Cappucinistas!

Einen schön guten Morgen, liebe Cappucinistas!!

Today, let's play a game and write down two ingredients: one that you would definitely add to a Cappuccino, like, for instance, Vanilla syrup, and one that you would never put in your Cappuccino, like, say, Chili Powder!!

Then, give your Cappuccino drink a new brand name.

Here's mine:

Cappuccino + Grand Marnier = French Mindbender :lol:
Cappuccino + bay leaves = Martian torture drink.

Let's see who can be the most creative!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Derideo_Te Mertex Wolfsister77 Grandma Luddly Neddite pepperpot toxicmedia Wry Catcher mdk Bloodrock44 Hossfly Moonglow LoneLaugher Pogo Truman123 daws101 aaronleland rightwinger Valerie kiwiman127 Synthaholic mudwhistle CrusaderFrank bodecea Syriusly LiberalMedia Delta4Embassy AceRothstein edthecynic MarcATL C_Clayton_Jones drifter Lipush JoeB131 Bleipriester Dot Com David Kraljic bendog guno Camp G.T. Mac1958 Dreadnaught1968 JakeStarkey candycorn Geaux4it Old Rocks Vastator DriftingSand Lumpy 1 Dana7360 norwegen Vandalshandle Nyvin occupied Dad2three NoTeaPartyPleez WinterBorn Saigon NoNukes auditor0007 Borillar AntiParty Plasmaball Missourian Disir NYcarbineer Skylar Nosmo King tinydancer Seawytch boedicca DigitalDrifter cereal_killer AVG-JOE jon_berzerk

Now, that is a pretty colorful, very mixed tag list of many people with whom I have contact in the last days and if you haven't already spent some time in the newly founded Cappuccino Corral, you're invited to stop by often and shoot the shit with the rest of us!!!

If you quote this posting, please don't copy the tag list.

:D

When everyone has made their submissions, I'll made a big list and we can vote on our favs.

:D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back