The Cappucino Corral

I love coffee and tea and am partial to whiskey. I won't refuse red wine.

For some reason white wine gives me a headache. Vodka gives me terrible hangovers.

I stick to tequila and don't get hangovers.

If I am drinking red wine then I will drink a lot of water too and stops it from dehydrating me and that means no hangover from that either.

BTW I read an article that after 60 alcohol protects the hippocampus. Essentially people who stick to the recommended drink limits per day have better memory retention than those that don't.

:thup:

For some reason white wine gives me a headache. Vodka gives me terrible hangovers.

If I am drinking red wine then I will drink a lot of water too and stops it from dehydrating me and that means no hangover from that either.

BTW I read an article that after 60 alcohol protects the hippocampus. Essentially people who stick to the recommended drink limits per day have better memory retention than those that don't.

Oh, I forgot what you just said. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Oh, I forgot what you just said. ..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
:rofl:

Good morning folks! I hope everyone is having a wonderful morning. I hosted a dinner party last night for our parents and I feel like a had five Manhattans. Homemade gnocchi, two bottles of red, and many hands of spades. I would consider the evening a smashing success.

Costume party tonight! Yay!

I hope it's okay to drink beer and post in here.

Right now I'm drinking a Qingdao (can), and working on a novel.

It's 10:15 PM in Shenzhen, China, on a Saturday night.

Mr.jpg

mrburns.jpeg

Me too, no white wine for me. Is it an Ohio thing???

:lol:

Now that you mention it, I don't know a lot of people around here that are into white wine...

I have a problem with both white wine and champagne giving me a headache.

I have zero problem with red wine however as I have proven many times over. :biggrin:

I remember a camping trip once, we took up a big jug of mixed margaritas and I was half drunk the entire time, those were strong but yummy.

One thing I will never touch again is Schnapps of any kind. I got so sick on Schnapps up in college once that my stomach revolts to even think about it.

I realize with my above two stories I sound like a total lush but I really don't do more than just socially drink on occasion now and can't remember the last time I got drunk. Buzzed yes. Tipsy yes. Drunk, not so much. :beer:

Forum List

Back