The bible is providing scientists with answers they could not come up with.

I'm sure the sun stood still in sense of this what the bible is speaking about - an endless, timeless day - but I am also sure the Earth stopped not to rotate for a day. We live in different continuums of reality. The Earth has an impulse for the rotations of about E = 2.583·10^29 J. 1 kgTNT is about 4,184 MJ = 4,184·10^6 J. 2.583·10^29 J / 4,184·10^6 J are about 61.735·10^15 MT (Megatons TNT) for the impulse of the rotation. If the earth stops rotation then: bye bye.

Well since "proof" as far as the bible is concerned is the statement "God did it"

I imagine you can find "proof" for anything in the bible

Well since "proof" as far as the bible is concerned is the statement "God did it"

I have to ask, if science has determined a day is missing in time. do you think the bible that was written long before that time is missing a day was determined is just another coincidence ?

I have to ask, if science has determined a day is missing in time. do you think the bible that was written long before that time is missing a day was determined is just another coincidence ?
god did it

see how easy it is to prove stuff

god did it

see how easy it is to prove stuff
Correct , God did do it :)

Did NASA explain how Noah got marsupials from Australia and back again afterwards? :popcorn:

Scientifically speaking??? How many pages of a bible does it take to wipe one's ass?

No one in my case.

I believe

You allknow.

Ah - hyperindividual multicelluar organism using machines - how interesting. But I don't think Noah with the Arch likes to make a first contact with your Borg collective, as long as you are aborting your own breed, especially if it has the biological defect "black skin".

should all keep a bible near a toilet just in case we run out of TP. Scientifically speaking of course.

What about to use an eagle or an hedgehog or an ice bear instead for your very urgent purpose?

Last edited:

Scientifically speaking??? How many pages of a bible does it take to wipe one's ass?

No one in my case.

I believe

You allknow.

Ah - hyperindividual multicelluar organism using machines - how interesting. But I don't think Noah with the Arch likes to make a first contact with your Borg collective, as long as you are aborting your own breed, especially if it has the biological defect "black skin".

should all keep a bible near a toilet just in case we run out of TP. Scientifically speaking of course.

"NASA Found That Everything the Bible Says Is True."

That statement is as about as stupid as it gets.

Most if not all of the OT and NT have to be believed only if taken on FAITH.

I can believe that many people WANT to believe the bibles are true.

Trying to sell us that scientists have proven they are true is just flat lying.

Stick to your "faith" story and leave reality and scientific study to actual scientists.

No one in my case.

I believe

You allknow.

"NASA Found That Everything the Bible Says Is True."

That statement is as about as stupid as it gets.

Most if not all of the OT and NT have to be believed only if taken on FAITH.

I can believe that many people WANT to believe the bibles are true.

Trying to sell us that scientists have proven they are true is just flat lying.

Stick to your "faith" story and leave reality and scientific study to actual scientists.

I don't think your we-identity is a problem which someone is able to solve with words any longer. This could explain your problems.

Last edited:
I realize this thread is going to quickly turn into the same typical and tired anti-religion vs. religion debate as always... never fails when the issue of the Bible and Science comes up... but I want to interject my observations here as a non-religious Spiritualist.

I find Science to be fascinating and always have. I love learning new things and discovering more about this miraculous and amazing universe around me. I have never found anything to be in conflict with my spiritual beliefs, to the contrary, I constantly find things supporting my spiritual beliefs.

For instance... When we finally reached the technological ability to observe atoms at their most fundamental level... we find that natures fundamental elements refuse to allow us to measure them. Electrons defy physical principles we've all come to expect in nature... they appear in two places at the same time... they disappear completely and occupy no space at any time... This means the fundamentals of mathematics which all nature is understood to be governed by completely breaks down... 1+1=1... or 1+0=0... How is that possible? We have no idea but it's what we find at the smallest most fundamental level of physical matter.

On the other end of the spectrum, we finally have the technology to observe the largest enigma in our physical universe, black holes. Again, we find that, at the Event Horizon, the principles of modern physics spiral wildly out of control.... things no longer make sense. As matter approaches the speed of light, time slows down. This is the basis for Einstein's theories of relativity but even more important, when matter reaches the speed of light, passage of time stops completely. This is why we see nothing inside a black hole. Some will state that gravity is so strong it doesn't permit light to escape, but that's not accurate. There is literally no time for light to escape. Formulas end with infinities... a nightmare for any astrophysicist. Again, conventional physics and mathematics are defied by fundamental nature.

One final blow is the theories of origin of our universe. We comprehend through the work of Isaac Newton, that our universe is in motion, therefore, it must have been set into motion by some energy working on matter. So theories surrounding this seemed to center on the possibility of a Singularity. A Singularity is defined as a concentration of all the physical matter and energy of the entire universe compacted into the tiniest infinitesimal space where the energy supposedly reaches 'critical mass' and an explosion (Big Bang) happens. But... the problem with this theory has always been that it doesn't comport with modern physics due to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. We can never account for all the atoms in the universe and because of the space needed for the nucleus and electrons to function in matter, it is impossible.

So we end up with three basic areas where our comprehension of physics simply breaks down and can't explain things. At the subatomic level, beyond the event horizon of black holes and the literal origin of our material universe. When we have finally been able to "peek under the rock" we have revealed the hand of God. There is really no other rational explanation.

Another additional argument can be added from the field of genetics... DNA. When we examine DNA, we find what amounts to billions upon billions of lines of intricate 4-bit digital code which defines every aspect of a living thing. To break this down in layman's terms, a modern computer uses millions of lines of 2-bit code... zeroes and ones. DNA is thousands of times more complex. Those who reject a Creator or Designer simply dismiss this evidence as meaningless and superficial. We're expected to accept that it's this way "just because" and no further explanation is needed.

I realize this thread is going to quickly turn into the same typical and tired anti-religion vs. religion debate as always... never fails when the issue of the Bible and Science comes up... but I want to interject my observations here as a non-religious Spiritualist.

I find Science to be fascinating and always have. I love learning new things and discovering more about this miraculous and amazing universe around me. I have never found anything to be in conflict with my spiritual beliefs, to the contrary, I constantly find things supporting my spiritual beliefs.

For instance... When we finally reached the technological ability to observe atoms at their most fundamental level... we find that natures fundamental elements refuse to allow us to measure them. Electrons defy physical principles we've all come to expect in nature... they appear in two places at the same time... they disappear completely and occupy no space at any time... This means the fundamentals of mathematics which all nature is understood to be governed by completely breaks down... 1+1=1... or 1+0=0... How is that possible? We have no idea but it's what we find at the smallest most fundamental level of physical matter.

On the other end of the spectrum, we finally have the technology to observe the largest enigma in our physical universe, black holes. Again, we find that, at the Event Horizon, the principles of modern physics spiral wildly out of control.... things no longer make sense. As matter approaches the speed of light, time slows down. This is the basis for Einstein's theories of relativity but even more important, when matter reaches the speed of light, passage of time stops completely. This is why we see nothing inside a black hole. Some will state that gravity is so strong it doesn't permit light to escape, but that's not accurate. There is literally no time for light to escape. Formulas end with infinities... a nightmare for any astrophysicist. Again, conventional physics and mathematics are defied by fundamental nature.

One final blow is the theories of origin of our universe. We comprehend through the work of Isaac Newton, that our universe is in motion, therefore, it must have been set into motion by some energy working on matter. So theories surrounding this seemed to center on the possibility of a Singularity. A Singularity is defined as a concentration of all the physical matter and energy of the entire universe compacted into the tiniest infinitesimal space where the energy supposedly reaches 'critical mass' and an explosion (Big Bang) happens. But... the problem with this theory has always been that it doesn't comport with modern physics due to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle.

In case there was nothing before the universe was: A nothing is not able to have a critical mass. I guess what you like to say with "critical mass" is it, that the universe has not an unlimited amount of energy, what's astonishing. It's gigantic - but even gigantic is nearly nothing compared with the infinite. The problem is indeed this little word "nearly" - why this nearly and not another nearly? And I also don't see how the Uncertainty Principle of Heisenberg is hurted. Before the first planksecond was over (=5,39116 · 10^-44 s) we are not able to say anything. Afterwards the natural laws were active. Also the law Δx·Δp ~ h.

We can never account for all the atoms in the universe and because of the space needed for the nucleus and electrons to function in matter, it is impossible.

In the beginning was pure energy - not atoms. They came later. It needed about 3 minutes. That's a very long time while billlions of years are sometimes able to be a very short time. The last billion years was not very different from the billion years before.

So we end up with three basic areas where our comprehension of physics simply breaks down and can't explain things. At the subatomic level, beyond the event horizon of black holes and the literal origin of our material universe. When we have finally been able to "peek under the rock" we have revealed the hand of God. There is really no other rational explanation.

Another additional argument can be added from the field of genetics... DNA. When we examine DNA, we find what amounts to billions upon billions of lines of intricate 4-bit digital code which defines every aspect of a living thing. To break this down in layman's terms, a modern computer uses millions of lines of 2-bit code... zeroes and ones. DNA is thousands of times more complex. Those who reject a Creator or Designer simply dismiss this evidence as meaningless and superficial. We're expected to accept that it's this way "just because" and no further explanation is needed.

The changes in genetics follow the principle "shit happens" on no special reason. Under nearly all conditions a change in the genetics has negative consequences - is a sickness. Only very very seldom such a change has an healing effect. It's by the way astonishing for me, that the most people seem to think a tool of evolution is the result of evolution. If a modifiction in biology is made planful ("from god") or without plan ("from the devil") changes nothing. A hammer works as a hammer works - and a form as a form works. We are not able to understand the plan of god as well as we are not able to understand random changes. But it looks not like the created nature is only a perverted world - it's indeed a very wonderful world.

Last edited:

One final blow is the theories of origin of our universe. We comprehend through the work of Isaac Newton, that our universe is in motion, therefore, it must have been set into motion by some energy working on matter. So theories surrounding this seemed to center on the possibility of a Singularity. A Singularity is defined as a concentration of all the physical matter and energy of the entire universe compacted into the tiniest infinitesimal space where the energy supposedly reaches 'critical mass' and an explosion (Big Bang) happens. But... the problem with this theory has always been that it doesn't comport with modern physics due to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle. We can never account for all the atoms in the universe and because of the space needed for the nucleus and electrons to function in matter, it is impossible.

If I may critique your arguments?

That our comprehension of the laws of physics doesn't grasp the seemingly irrationality of quantum mechanics, the other side of the event horizon, or the singularity of the Big Bang does not mean that all or any of those are because of a creator/designer. Not that they exclude one either. But the argument you are essentially making is a god-of-the-gaps fallacy. "Because we do not understand these phenomena God is responsible" is bad science and bad theology.

When it comes to DNA, you are making the argument that it is too complex for natural processes to have created. There must have been a creator/designer who intervened. This is 1) an argument from complexity fallacy: just because something is complex does not necessarily mean it was designed, 2) this is also an argument from incredulity fallacy - just because it's hard for you to believe that natural processes gave rise to complexity does not necessarily mean it didn't happen that way and 3) even if DNA is the result of creation/design, that gives no indication of the creator/designer's identity or divinity: perhaps we are the products of an advanced scientific project conducted by non-divine entities.

Scientifically, an explanation needs no other additional metaphysical explanation. For example, water turns to ice at and below 0 degrees celsius. We don't need to add to that: water freezes because God freezes water at and below 0 degrees celsius. Personally, you can believe that without violating scientific precepts, but were one to attempt to make and test such an hypothesis they would quickly find that it would be impossible to do so. So, science can not test whether DNA is the product of design because it can not put God in a laboratory therefore the scientific explanation necessarily must be naturalistic/materialistic. Furthermore, without knowing the process through which the creator/designer influences physical reality the explanation "God did it" doesn't add any further understanding to the scientific explanation.

Why make a decision on these big questions, which are so fascinating to think about, when really there is not yet sufficient data to decide upon an answer?

Add information theory to list. DNA contains vast amounts of information. Where does information come from? Observation shows that it is the result of will and intellect. The characters I'm typing right now are information. They exist because I willed them to exist. There is no natural phenomena that is capable of duplicating this. Intelligence came first. There is no other explanation.

Forum List

Back