The best Veteran fund?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
Personally I like "Tunnels to Towers" but I am reluctant to make an monthly credit card on-line donation for the rest of my life. Wounded Warriors seems reasonable but they support veterans who claim to suffer from mental illness. DAV is a government agency and as such cannot be trusted.

Personally I like "Tunnels to Towers" but I am reluctant to make an monthly credit card on-line donation for the rest of my life. Wounded Warriors seems reasonable but they support veterans who claim to suffer from mental illness. DAV is a government agency and as such cannot be trusted.

Honestly, it looks like you're looking for reasons not to donate as opposed to finding reasons to donate...

Honestly, it looks like you're looking for reasons not to donate as opposed to finding reasons to donate...
Are you a Vet and do you care? I do and I am but I am reluctant to authorize my credit card to be used in a venue that I might not approve of. Maybe you need to take a look at the history of credit card donations (perhaps your own history) before you question the seriousness of authorizing a monthly deduction to your personal fortune.

am trying to do the right thing but it's hard to

Personally I wound never make a monthly credit card donation to any organization. They may be totally legitimate, but a change in leadership can drastically change that. Wounded Warriors was in trouble a few years ago for the lavish spending style of their executives, but I haven't heard much detrimental against them lately.

Why would a donation to T2T be for the rest of your life?

What is wrong with supporting veterans with mental illness?

Where did you come up with the DAV being a government agency?

Do you need to take a laxative, because you are so full of shit?

Why would a donation to T2T be for the rest of your life?

What is wrong with supporting veterans with mental illness?

Where did you come up with the DAV being a government agency?

Do you need to take a laxative, because you are so full of shit?
That's my question. You tend to forget the fact that you authorized them to tap your banking account and they will continue until it is exhausted or you are. I prefer to donate to Veterans who have been severely disabled as a result of combat injuries. The origin of mental illness is debatable and it can be controlled by drug therapy. No reason for charitable donations that take away from amputees. The DAV is chartered by Congress. Try to keep it clean Admiral no matter how angry you get. No reason for cheap shit.

That's my question. You tend to forget the fact that you authorized them to tap your banking account and they will continue until it is exhausted or you are. I prefer to donate to Veterans who have been severely disabled as a result of combat injuries. The origin of mental illness is debatable and it can be controlled by drug therapy. No reason for charitable donations that take away from amputees. The DAV is chartered by Congress. Try to keep it clean Admiral no matter how angry you get. No reason for cheap shit.
stupidest thing I have heard all day.jpg

You don't think you can contact that credit card company and have them stop the monthly draft?

Yeah, mental illness is debatable. That's why my son really doesn't have PTSD!

Do you have any fucking idea what "chartered" mean? The American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars are chartered also.

I will keep it clean when you stop being fucking stupid!

Wounded Warriors seems reasonable but they support veterans who claim to suffer from mental illness.

I would suggest looking elsewhere other than WWP. They have quite a checkered past, including spending tens of millions on "Executive Retreats", and lavish pay for the executives as they actually give little back to the community. Mostly in the form of backpacks filled with "comfort items".

I actually know very few Veterans that support them. Sadly, it is one of those things that started as a good idea, but then got taken over and helps relatively few.

The DAV is chartered by Congress.

Yes, so what?

The American Red Cross is chartered by Congress also. And here are other organizations that have such a "Federal Charter":

Boy Scouts of America
Girl Scouts of America
The Military Order of the Purple Heart
Pearl Harbor Survivors Association
AMVETS
Little League Baseball
American Ex-Prisoners of War
United Service Organization (USO)
American Legion
Veterans of Foreign Wars
National Ski Patrol
Grand Army of the Republic
Sons of the American Revolution
Daughters of the American Revolution
Gold Star Wives of America
Vietnam Veterans of America
Future Farmers of America
National Academy of Sciences
American Historical Association
US Olympic Committee
Georgetown University
Harvard University

But yes, we got it. You do not trust the Government and seem to be afraid of anything even remotely associated with it.

View attachment 720538

You don't think you can contact that credit card company and have them stop the monthly draft?

Yeah, mental illness is debatable. That's why my son really doesn't have PTSD!

Do you have any fucking idea what "chartered" mean? The American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars are chartered also.

I will keep it clean when you stop being fucking stupid!
You missed the point but you snagged a great portrait from what might be your favorite historic documentary that looks like "the Big Lebowski".

You missed the point but you snagged a great portrait from what might be your favorite historic documentary that looks like "the Big Lebowski".
No. I merely pointed out that you are one of the dumbest fuckers I have even encountered. You have a credit card but don't know how to end recurring payments made with that card. That's pretty fucking stupid, as I and others have pointed out. You are talking about shit you don't know!

Forum List

Back