The best thing libertarians can do right now is support Republicans

Yes, let's vote in another reality TV personality because that's worked well for you.
I didn't vote for Trump. Try again- and READ my signature doofus. It isn't there for decoration.

You're posting in favour of voting to keep the authoritarian wanna be in office. Of retaining a Senate that wants to give more money to billionaires and corporations, and send the poor out to work while 1000 people a day are dying.

Your nation is tottering on the brink of a totalitarian dictatorship, and you're arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

No, the Republican haven't done anything to merit support. I'm not even going to try. But:

Democrats are

- No longer just a lesser evil. They are actual evil. They have taken race whoring to epic proportions. Race relations have done nothing but go down and it's been a clear Democrat strategy to accomplish that to get blacks to the polls to vote blue. That while they ramp up the electronic lynching of any black who tries not to be a Democrat to send a message to the rest of the blacks what will happen to them if they do the same

- Pushing the green new deal to get Marxism. The reality is we aren't technologically advanced enough yet to get off fossil fuels. Yet they want to spend trillions. And it's just a shallow marketing cover for Marxism. They are seriously pushing things like minimum income as "green"

- Turning our inner cities into violent turf. You can't even walk the streets anymore. Note too how even though there are NO Republicans involved in these inner city issues, Democrats try to use their own failures to draw votes

- Are just pushing endless Marxism, and for real. Not like the old days where they just ran as Marxists. They want single payer and government control over energy, financial services just to start

That while the Libertarian Party is now just a gag party

- Bob Barr, Gary Johnson and Gary Johnson? Three candidates in a row that weren't even libertarian

- Finally in 2020, we got Jo Jorgensen who is at least libertarian, but the Libertarian Party again had to prove it's just a gag party by picking Spike Cohen, the anarchist running mate of Vermin, a performance artist who wears a shoe as a hat and isn't even libertarian. The party can't be taken seriously at this point

I argued since circa 1990 thirty years ago that it really didn't matter if you didn't listen to the words and just looked at what they actually did. Now it matters. Not because the Republican have gotten any better, they haven't. But the Democrats have gone off the deep end. No more sticking our heads in the sand and pretending the parties are the same, they are not. And Democrats are to a point like despots and dictators that the have to be stopped.

Frankly if you can't vote Republican, at least vote for another third party until the Libertarian Party pulls its head out of its ass. Gone were the days of Harry Browne where we could vote for an actual libertarian. Badnarik wasn't bad either. But since then, it's sad
Libertarians are just republicans who are embarrassed to admit it anyway.

/Thread.

You think one moronic, ignorant comment ends the thread? LOL, of course you do, creep.

BTW, one Democrat after another has said that lame DNC talking point. You do ever come up with your own material or just keep parroting what other Democrats say?

LOL, just kidding, I know you only keep parroting what other Democrats say ...

You don't actually know what a libertarian is, do you? Be honest
It's true, and it invalidates your OP completely.

Well, no, it's not true. You're just equivocating. Libertarians are libertarians. Republicans are Republicans. Libertarians who vote Republican are just confused.
Real libertarians are about as common as Bigfoot and unicorns.

There's plenty of people who are, could be, would be, libertarians if they weren't hypnotized by the LO2E exploit. I've seen this, over and over again. When polled outside the context of an election we'd routinely see 15%-20% of eligible voters describe themselves as libertarian. On an issue by issue basis, they're right there with us. But when an election rolls around, most of them are frightened into voting for one of the majors. Kinda like what's going on with this thread.

The problem with libertarianism is that it implies that people will always do the right thing, and make choices that serve both their own interests and that of the public - don't shit where you eat stuff, but there are far too many people who are selfish and greedy, and quite frankly, don't give a shit, and that is why we, as a society, have to protect ourselves from these people.
No sooner do I get done talking about hyperbole, disinformation, and character assassination spoon fed to them by their party betters and the media, does this idiotic and stale strawman argument rear its ugly head. :auiqs.jpg:

No, the Republican haven't done anything to merit support. I'm not even going to try. But:

Democrats are

- No longer just a lesser evil. They are actual evil. They have taken race whoring to epic proportions. Race relations have done nothing but go down and it's been a clear Democrat strategy to accomplish that to get blacks to the polls to vote blue. That while they ramp up the electronic lynching of any black who tries not to be a Democrat to send a message to the rest of the blacks what will happen to them if they do the same

- Pushing the green new deal to get Marxism. The reality is we aren't technologically advanced enough yet to get off fossil fuels. Yet they want to spend trillions. And it's just a shallow marketing cover for Marxism. They are seriously pushing things like minimum income as "green"

- Turning our inner cities into violent turf. You can't even walk the streets anymore. Note too how even though there are NO Republicans involved in these inner city issues, Democrats try to use their own failures to draw votes

- Are just pushing endless Marxism, and for real. Not like the old days where they just ran as Marxists. They want single payer and government control over energy, financial services just to start

- Bob Barr, Gary Johnson and Gary Johnson? Three candidates in a row that weren't even libertarian

- Finally in 2020, we got Jo Jorgensen who is at least libertarian, but the Libertarian Party again had to prove it's just a gag party by picking Spike Cohen, the anarchist running mate of Vermin, a performance artist who wears a shoe as a hat and isn't even libertarian. The party can't be taken seriously at this point

I argued since circa 1990 thirty years ago that it really didn't matter if you didn't listen to the words and just looked at what they actually did. Now it matters. Not because the Republican have gotten any better, they haven't. But the Democrats have gone off the deep end. No more sticking our heads in the sand and pretending the parties are the same, they are not. And Democrats are to a point like despots and dictators that the have to be stopped.

Frankly if you can't vote Republican, at least vote for another third party until the Libertarian Party pulls its head out of its ass. Gone were the days of Harry Browne where we could vote for an actual libertarian. Badnarik wasn't bad either. But since then, it's sad

/Thread.

You think one moronic, ignorant comment ends the thread? LOL, of course you do, creep.

BTW, one Democrat after another has said that lame DNC talking point. You do ever come up with your own material or just keep parroting what other Democrats say?

Well, no, it's not true. You're just equivocating. Libertarians are libertarians. Republicans are Republicans. Libertarians who vote Republican are just confused.

There's plenty of people who are, could be, would be, libertarians if they weren't hypnotized by the LO2E exploit. I've seen this, over and over again. When polled outside the context of an election we'd routinely see 15%-20% of eligible voters describe themselves as libertarian. On an issue by issue basis, they're right there with us. But when an election rolls around, most of them are frightened into voting for one of the majors. Kinda like what's going on with this thread.

The problem with libertarianism is that it implies that people will always do the right thing
How so? I've never really seen that claim. Libertarians are all too aware that people can make mistakes, or even have ill intent. We're also aware that government is run by people. You do the math.

Then why vote for the Party which is consistently ending up in jail for charges of corruption and malfeasance, and attempting to twart the will of the people?

Democrats are

/Thread.

The problem with libertarianism is that it implies that people will always do the right thing
How so? I've never really seen that claim. Libertarians are all too aware that people can make mistakes, or even have ill intent. We're also aware that government is run by people. You do the math.

Then why vote for the Party which is consistently ending up in jail for charges of corruption and malfeasance, and attempting to twart the will of the people?

I don't. What are you saying?

Oh sure - it's all scary. But I'm not going to let fear interfere with reason. The dems have a similar list of equally scary facts about what Republicans want to do. Voting out of fear prompts us to make stupid decisions. Like voting Republican or Democrat when neither represents your values.

It's not "equal." Republicans are doing nothing like the breakdown that is happening in big blue cities across the country. And Trump is willing to spend another $1T, while the Dems want $3.5T. Trump wants the money to go to people who work, Democrats want the money to go to people who don't and to government.

To say it's the same is retarded
I'm afraid that the "breakdown" you are referring to almost exclusively exists in the right wing "media" and has only a passing resemblance to the actual reality.

Yes, to Democrats facts are opinion and opinion facts. That's what they are proposing, creep. You're led by the nose by fake news

Libertarians always support Republicans

Some do, some don't. There are many libertarians in the Republican Party. But to make the blanket statement you did is moronic and ignorant. Your usual fare.

I advocate anyone with any libertarian leaning now support Republicans as long as Democrats are going of the kooky cliff with your Marxist revolution shit

Yeah everybody should vote for the Republican Party, because that's been working so well for the American PEOPLE over the past 40 years. I mean just look at their economic record:
  • 3 major economic crashes in the past 40 years, each more economically devasting to working Americans, than the last;
  • 80% of the income and wealth of the nation is now in the hands of the top 20% of the population;
  • 40% of working Americans, holding full time jobs, are dependent on government handouts to supplement their wages;
  • hourly workers have no government mandated vacation or sick time;
  • fewer than 50% of the privately owned employers in the USA provide health insurance coverage to employees
  • during each economic crash, the poorest Americans have been hit the hardest, and given the least assistance to get them through the crash
At present, the Republican Party, lead by Mitch McConnell was prepared to cut American workers off benefits to FORCE people back to non-existent jobs, in the middle of the worst plague that the world has seen since the Black Death.

And you want people to vote for more of this?

And this Maoist moment is brought to you by Mrs. Mao

[
That was the basis of the tea party.
Not really. The tea party was mostly radical far right republicans protesting against taxes and any law they didn't personally agree with.

Like the rest of the creepy shit you post, you made that up.

Then you're the dumb ass who came into a thread I called on libertarians to vote Republican and said I was too embarrassed to admit I was a Republican.

Then there was your moronic claim there is no actual Libertarian Party because they get zero votes. Everyone votes Republican.

Stupid, creepy shit is all you have
Lol, and you accuse me of lacking content for my post?

Hypocrisy is real.

Creep: No YOU are, kaz. You are, you are.

Playground, it's all you have

Democrats are

/Thread.

He doesn't...Most of the liberoidal creeps around here don't have any idea what the libertarian ethos entails...They merely rely upon the hyperbole, disinformation, and character assassination spoon fed to them by their party betters and the media.
Actually I do, but most of the folks claiming to be libertarians are merely tRumplings who are embarrassed to admit it.

And once again Creep the dumb ass says that ... in a thread I advocate voting for Republicans.

Huh, maybe in the 6 of the last 7 elections I didn't vote Republican worrying about being thought to be a Republican wasn't the issue ...

Democrats are

/Thread.

The problem with libertarianism is that it implies that people will always do the right thing, and make choices that serve both their own interests and that of the public - don't shit where you eat stuff, but there are far too many people who are selfish and greedy, and quite frankly, don't give a shit, and that is why we, as a society, have to protect ourselves from these people.

LOL, you have that bass ackwards.

Libertarian assumes no such thing, you completely pulled that out of your ass. We're not anarchists, brainiac. We believe in police, military, civil and criminal courts. That we're trusting anyone to do the right thing is just more of the stupid shit you made up.

Now leftists assume others will do the right thing. And not even the extreme leftists who are your parties elite follow your stupid agenda themselves, and none of you sheep voting for them care

Democrats are

/Thread.

I don't vote for Libertarians, Greens, or NDP. All for the same reason: They have no viable econoomic models. Neither do the Conservatives, at the moment. They want to duplicate American policies, and to the extent that the Harper government was able to do that, wages for workers stagnated, and middle class growth slowed, just like what happened to you.

But the Liberal Finance Minister's refusal to de-regulate Canadian banks in 1999, when Republicans in the House and Senate sent a veto-proof banking de-regulation Bill to Bill Clinton, saved our asses in 2008, when W's crashed the economy. And it's still saving our asses in this pandemic.

I spent 9 years as a banker, rising from the position of teller to one of the first female bank managers in Canada. I am well trained in financial analysis. Then I went into the legal trades, after taking night courses for a law clerk's degree. Started out in a one-man office with the lawyer, and a receptionist/secretary at Eglinton and Avenue Road, ending up on the corner of King & Bay in one of the 7 Sister Bay Street law firms, working on deals which change the economies of nations. The Windsor/Detroit truck crossing, the Chrysler sale to Fiat, and a whole lot of really interesting stuff that isn't public knowledge, and is covered under NDA's.

I've only worked on the fringes of all of this super big stuff, basically doing technical work and "due diligence". This is fact checking for legal opinions. When your lawyer says "I hereby certify that you have good and valid title to", it's based on the investigations, research and government records that someone like me, has completed. I know how government works, to a decent degree, and where to look for buried bones.

I have no faith in human nature or liberatarianism

Yep. That's what happens when libertarians convince themselves Republicans are on our side. They're not.

Libertarians who vote Republican are like Vegetarians who eat meat. They're not what they claim.

I vote republicrat when a democrook really needs to be defeated, and this year they all do. The republicrat party is the largest vehicle available to defeat the marxists at the moment. Plus the Libertarian Party has not picked a decent candidate on the national level in years.

Yep. That's what happens when libertarians convince themselves Republicans are on our side. They're not.

Libertarians who vote Republican are like Vegetarians who eat meat. They're not what they claim.

I vote republicrat when a democrook really needs to be defeated, and this year they all do. The republicrat party is the largest vehicle available to defeat the marxists at the moment. Plus the Libertarian Party has not picked a decent candidate on the national level in years.

Yep. That's L02E in a nutshell. That kind of thinking is what got us into this mess.

Companies who used to hire Americans started hiring the cheaper labor. Airport workers, McDonald’s, banquet halls, landscaping companies, restaurants etc,

Document them and you have to pay a fair wage and make them pay taxes
Honestly, that’s exactly what republicans will do when corporate America says they need more cheap labor.

Republican voters don’t even pay attention to how many they’re letting in legally.

Get government out of the way and let people deal with their health care as they see fit.

I think if the average person understood that hospitals have to keep platoons of lawyers on salary just to maintain compliance with the regulations that are constantly being updated or changed as well as added too they'd go on a murder spree. Then there's malpractice insurance, the massive numbers of bills that go unpaid, or marginally paid by Medicaid/Medicare. The cost of HC has less to do with the industry itself than it has to do with government and parasitic lawyers like John Edwards.

Government has done nothing but screw up health care. And the worse they make it, the more the leftists want government to take more control over it. They aren't people that learn

Uh, buddy, most people on Medicare are pleased with it. So pleased, some of you inbreds don't even realize it's a government program.

Why do you want Trump in charge of your health insurance?
If I don’t have healthcare at all is that better?

"Have" healthcare? What do you mean?

Seriously though - you guys seem to go completely deaf and blind when I bring this up. But if you make health care a government concern. Every. Single. Fucking. Election. will be a fight to the death (maybe literally) over healthcare. Your health care will depend on your ability to control the government, and when you're not in control of government you'll be getting fucked. Is that really what you want?
Well I am relying on getting Medicare when I retire.

without it even I will never be able to retire and I’m able to save a lot. I’ll have to work another 5 years to be able to afford private healthcare for a 70 year old man.

Are you against medicare?

All welfare, including social security and medicare, should be ended. Particularly at the Federal level
Which is why i love it when other ignorant republicans say they don’t think republicans want to end those programs. Sure they do.

Yep. That's L02E in a nutshell. That kind of thinking is what got us into this mess.

This mess began before there was a Libertarian Party or any real 3rd option. Dividing the opposition to regressive marxist globalism is what will destroy us.

Democrats are

/Thread.

LOL, you have that bass ackwards.

Libertarian assumes no such thing, you completely pulled that out of your ass. We're not anarchists, brainiac. We believe in police, military, civil and criminal courts. That we're trusting anyone to do the right thing is just more of the stupid shit you made up.

Now leftists assume others will do the right thing. And not even the extreme leftists who are your parties elite follow your stupid agenda themselves, and none of you sheep voting for them care

You confuse "well regulated capitalism" with communism. The countries which are faring best, economically, are those with a fairer distribution of income, where the top 20% do very well, the middle class do well, and the working class have a decent quality of life. These are countries where workers have health care, paid vacations, and a social safety net to protect them in times of recession or negative growth, which are characteristics of a capitalist society.

Show me the economic model, which libertarianism proposes to run the country under. Because I have yet to set one which is viable. Canadians have the same cold opinion of Bay Street Lawyers and Bay Street Bankers as Americans have of Wall Street bankers and lawyers, and I am both a Bay Street banker, and I spent 15 years clerking in Bay Street law firms, fact checking every aspect of big money real estate and commercial deals.

Forum List

Back