The best thing libertarians can do right now is support Republicans

most of the folks claiming to be libertarians are merely tRumplings who are embarrassed to admit it.
Proof?
Look around.

I don't think it's "most", but there are a lot of Republicans who use the term "libertarian" because it sounds better than "Trump supporter". But like I said elsewhere, libertarians who vote Republican are kidding themselves - actively working against their supposed values.

Libertarians are Republicans who don’t want to admit it

They all say......I am NOT Republican, I am libertarian

Ask them who they voted for and it is always Republican

If you type it three more times, it will magically become true!

Nope. You're a lyin' sumbitch. ;)

I'm a Libertarian and I don't vote Republican.

Go ahead - be a man and admit you were wrong. It won't hurt. Much.

Oh sure - it's all scary. But I'm not going to let fear interfere with reason. The dems have a similar list of equally scary facts about what Republicans want to do. Voting out of fear prompts us to make stupid decisions. Like voting Republican or Democrat when neither represents your values.

It's not "equal." Republicans are doing nothing like the breakdown that is happening in big blue cities across the country. And Trump is willing to spend another $1T, while the Dems want $3.5T. Trump wants the money to go to people who work, Democrats want the money to go to people who don't and to government.

To say it's the same is retarded
I'm afraid that the "breakdown" you are referring to almost exclusively exists in the right wing "media" and has only a passing resemblance to the actual reality.

Yes, to Democrats facts are opinion and opinion facts. That's what they are proposing, creep. You're led by the nose by fake news

What fake news? You mean FOX, Breitbart, and Sinclair Media - the privately owned Billionaire Republican media? Or the publically owned and traded networks and newspapers who uphold journalistic standards, and answer to a Board of Directors elected by their shareholders?

Anyone who is proposing re-electing Donald Trump as a method by which to save the nation from sure destruction, should have his head examined. -32% GDP, versus -10% in the rest of the world. More than twice as many cases as anoth other nation in the world except Brazil, highest numbers of both cases and deaths in the world. The USA has twice the number of deaths per million of population as Canada. And Germany has half the number of deaths per million of population to Canada.

No real libertarian would ever vote for a Democrat or Republican presidential candidate.

No real libertarian would ever vote for a Democrat or Republican presidential candidate.

If either party ran a candidate that who could convince me that they wanted to make libertarian reforms, I'd consider voting for a Democrat or Republican. Or if Hell froze over. Whichever comes first.

9CEF2C5D-5F82-4C90-B837-614AE2AB5F4B.jpeg

Last edited:
Not really buying that, but I don't care. I'd rather have freedom that someone else's idea of a "standard of living".
Don't buy that either. What determines the level of freedom is the extent to which laws interfere with a person's life.

The problem with that is "Freedom" is usually defined as those without wealth being able to screw with those who don't have wealth. I'll have to be honest, I'm 58 years old, other than the time I was in the Army, the government didn't really tell me what to do or really impinge on my freedom.

On the other hand, I got to breathe clean air and drink clean water because the government didn't let big corporations poison it to make a quick buck.

The problem with libertarians is that they think that civilization happens due to wishful thinking, and not government maintaining a balance between different interests.

So clearly you don't agree, but do you at least understand why "show me the economic model, which libertarianism proposes to run the country under" is a gross misunderstanding of what libertarians are about?

But that's the whole point. No country has ever really tried the "Libertarian Model", because it just doesn't work. Even really bad ideas like Communism and Fascism got a try.

Oh sure - it's all scary. But I'm not going to let fear interfere with reason. The dems have a similar list of equally scary facts about what Republicans want to do. Voting out of fear prompts us to make stupid decisions. Like voting Republican or Democrat when neither represents your values.

It's not "equal." Republicans are doing nothing like the breakdown that is happening in big blue cities across the country. And Trump is willing to spend another $1T, while the Dems want $3.5T. Trump wants the money to go to people who work, Democrats want the money to go to people who don't and to government.

To say it's the same is retarded
I'm afraid that the "breakdown" you are referring to almost exclusively exists in the right wing "media" and has only a passing resemblance to the actual reality.

Yes, to Democrats facts are opinion and opinion facts. That's what they are proposing, creep. You're led by the nose by fake news

What fake news? You mean FOX, Breitbart, and Sinclair Media - the privately owned Billionaire Republican media? Or the publically owned and traded networks and newspapers who uphold journalistic standards, and answer to a Board of Directors elected by their shareholders?

Anyone who is proposing re-electing Donald Trump as a method by which to save the nation from sure destruction, should have his head examined. -32% GDP, versus -10% in the rest of the world. More than twice as many cases as anoth other nation in the world except Brazil, highest numbers of both cases and deaths in the world. The USA has twice the number of deaths per million of population as Canada. And Germany has half the number of deaths per million of population to Canada.

Mrs Mao: Duh, dar, I'm stupid. I don't know who fake news is ...

And I didn't say anything about Biden virus cases. You're just completely ignorant that you think that cases are comparable across countries when they are counted entirely differently and we have way more testing than anyone.

And continuing to imprison people in their homes may fly in Canada, but not in the United States.

And of course you don't give a shit about domestic abuse. Some women get beat up? It's OK for you when your beloved Democrat party benefits, huh?

Sure you don’t

There are so many tempting Libertarian candidates to choose from

4.5 million people voted for Gary Johnson and proved what a lying idiot right winger is. I was one of them

Most of the people who voted for Johnson were voting for him as a protest vote because they assumed Hillary had it in the bag.

This year, people know better.

Let's see your stats that no one voted for the Libertarian Party before 2016. I call bull shit to that. But go ahead and try to prove it

Let's see your stats that no one voted for the Libertarian Party before 2016. I call bull shit to that. But go ahead and try to prove it

Didn't say "no one" voted for the Libertarian Party. Why do you set up these straw-men.

2012- Dope Smoking Gary only got 1.3 Million votes.
2016 - Dope Smoking Gary got 4.5 million votes.

Where do you think those 3.2 million additional votes came from?

Didn't say "no one" voted for the Libertarian Party. Why do you set up these straw-men.

2012- Dope Smoking Gary only got 1.3 Million votes.
2016 - Dope Smoking Gary got 4.5 million votes.

Where do you think those 3.2 million additional votes came from?

You keep saying libertarians all vote Republican. Millions of people say you're wrong

You keep saying libertarians all vote Republican. Millions of people say you're wrong

I said nothing of the sort. You are conflating my arguments with Rightwingers.

I was pointing out that Dope Smoking Gary became a place for people who voted for Obama in 2012 but didn't want to vote for Hillary to feel self-righteous... which is how we ended up with Trump.

Trump did not improve the percentage of votes compared to Romney. He actually did worse. Hillary did a lot worse compared to Obama. Some went third party, some stayed home.

Now 160,000 dead, 30 million unemployed, riots in the streets, we are all paying for their self-righteousness.

I said nothing of the sort. You are conflating my arguments with Rightwingers.

I was pointing out that Dope Smoking Gary became a place for people who voted for Obama in 2012 but didn't want to vote for Hillary to feel self-righteous... which is how we ended up with Trump.

Trump did not improve the percentage of votes compared to Romney. He actually did worse. Hillary did a lot worse compared to Obama. Some went third party, some stayed home.

Now 160,000 dead, 30 million unemployed, riots in the streets, we are all paying for their self-righteousness.

OK, so now your argument is that libertarians vote Republican and Democrats vote libertarian.

You are one weird little dude

OK, so now your argument is that libertarians vote Republican and Democrats vote libertarian.

You are one weird little dude

Uh, I kind of made my point clear... I'm sorry you didn't get it.

I'm sure there are a lot of Republicans who call themselves "Libertarians"... but I don't buy it.

Well, you have confirmation bias. So of course you don't.

I do agree that Republican is closer to libertarian than Democrat. Democrats are the antithesis of libertarian, you're authoritarian leftists.

But the shit about Democrats are voting for the Libertarian party is delusional. And the idea there are no significant libertarians not voting Republican is just as delusional.

I do partially agree in that I think there are more libertarians in the Republican Party than in the Libertarian Party. But they call themselves Republicans and generally don't call themselves libertarians. But there are a lot of libertarians who vote Libertarian and many who don't vote at all. That libertarians are all Republican is where you're full of shit. And that Democrats are voting for the Libertarian Party is delusional as shit.

I know you don't know how to capitalize, so you won't understand what I said. But it's too much work to explain it to you and pointless anyway since you obviously went to government schools. So, you'll have to just not understand it

Forum List

Back