The Barefoot Contessa

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
I've been watching Ina Garten's show, the Barefoot Contessa for some years now, but have never tried any of her recipes.

Now, she has her own brand on some frozen dinners at the grocery store. I decided to try the beef bourguignon, as I have seen her prepare that dish several times. I didn't expect much. Boy was I wrong!

That is one tasty meal. The meat in some frozen dinners tastes overcooked. Not in this one. The beef is tender and flavorful. You can taste all the veggies that are in it as well as the wine in the sauce. If that is her premier frozen dish she chose well. I think it was a meal for two. It was so good, I ate it all. Sometimes you just HAVE to have seconds!!!

I've been watching Ina Garten's show, the Barefoot Contessa for some years now, but have never tried any of her recipes.

Now, she has her own brand on some frozen dinners at the grocery store. I decided to try the beef bourguignon, as I have seen her prepare that dish several times. I didn't expect much. Boy was I wrong!

That is one tasty meal. The meat in some frozen dinners tastes overcooked. Not in this one. The beef is tender and flavorful. You can taste all the veggies that are in it as well as the wine in the sauce. If that is her premier frozen dish she chose well. I think it was a meal for two. It was so good, I ate it all. Sometimes you just HAVE to have seconds!!!

Her food looks the best of anyone on that network. I did see an ad for what you're talking about, I'm going to pick some up.

She's a smart gal too:

In 1978, Ina Garten found herself working in the White House on nuclear energy policy and thinking, "There's got to be more to life than this!" She saw an ad for a small food store for sale in a place she'd never been: the Hamptons at the end of Long Island. She and her husband drove up to investigate and made the owner an offer on the spot. Two months later she found herself the owner of Barefoot Contessa, a 400-sq. ft. specialty food store.

Ina Garten Bio : Food Network

Her food looks the best of anyone on that network. I did see an ad for what you're talking about, I'm going to pick some up.

She's a smart gal too:

In 1978, Ina Garten found herself working in the White House on nuclear energy policy and thinking, "There's got to be more to life than this!" She saw an ad for a small food store for sale in a place she'd never been: the Hamptons at the end of Long Island. She and her husband drove up to investigate and made the owner an offer on the spot. Two months later she found herself the owner of Barefoot Contessa, a 400-sq. ft. specialty food store.

Ina Garten Bio : Food Network

I don't think you will be sorry!

I like her too.

ive never seen her frozen line and i am not a huge consumer of frozen dinners. But.... hers i would try.

I like her too.

ive never seen her frozen line and i am not a huge consumer of frozen dinners. But.... hers i would try.

The one I tried today pretty much has them all beat. It really didn't taste like a 'frozen dinner.'

PF Changs has a frozen line as well. I use those sometimes.

I love her show and her food looks fab.

But I look at her immense professional kitchen with the counter space and the appliances and all the wonderful cooking accoutrements and the grounds that surround the whole shebang... and I'm defeated before I ever begin.

I wish I had a place like that, I'd make amazing food too!!!

i get to see most of this stuff before it hits the market at the food shows. I never saw her line.

the line i did see and appreciate is the mario batali line...... damn fine stuff. If you see his lines ....give them a go.

i get to see most of this stuff before it hits the market at the food shows. I never saw her line.

the line i did see and appreciate is the mario batali line...... damn fine stuff. If you see his lines ....give them a go.

Will do. I have a feeling that once I get back to KY, I won't see hers.

my guess is you can order it on amazon. You can get EVERYTHING on amazon!!!!

I've ordered stuff like that on Amazon. When I lived in a small town, I just couldn't get everything I liked so I ordered from there.

I'll check it out.

Forum List

Back