Campbell's Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
This was good IF you liked your mom's beef tip noodle casserole... which I do...cuz this tastes much more like that than stroganoff to me...

But I didn't follow the recipe either.

The Original recipe...

How mine differed...

I used a whole onion (diced) and three garlic cloves (minced), 1.5# top round steak that was on sale (cubed), 3 cubes Knorr beef bullion (Caldo con Sabor de Res) from the Mexican aisle, 10oz can mushroom pieces drained, 6 cups water, 16 oz egg noodle and a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.

Season and sear the beef on saute,

You're not cooking it through... Just searing the outside of one side or two to build some flavor.

removed beef,

saute onions and garlic,

Add the drained mushrooms and saute for a minute or two.

You should have a little liquid built up now... Throw in your bullion cubes and let them diffuse.

Return the beef.

Add your 6 cups of water.

Stir.

Add 16 ounces of egg noodles.

Do NOT stir. You can shift the noodles a little, pack them down a little. If they're not all submerged that's not a problem. Stirring will likely cause a 'burn' warning.

Add your soup on top.

Pressure cook 9 minutes and quick release.

Temper your 8 oz. sour cream.

Add to noodle mixture and stir.

If it's a little runny...let it sit and cool a little.

Like I said...this doesn't taste much like Stroganoff to me...Mrs MOe make a much better beef stroganoff.

But it is still good...and very easy.

Last edited:
This was good IF you liked your mom's beef tip noodle casserole... which I do...cuz this tastes much more like that than stroganoff to me...

The Original recipe...

How mine differed...

I used a whole onion and three garlic cloves, 1.5# top round steak that was on sale, 3 cubes Knorr beef bullion (Caldo con Sabor de Res) from the Mexican aisle, 10oz can mushroom pieces drained, 6 cups water, 16 oz egg noodle and can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.

You're not cooking it through... Just searing the outside of one side of two to build some flavor.

removed beef,

saute onions and garlic,

You should have a little liquid built up now... Throw in your bullion cubes and let them diffuse.

Return the beef.

Stir.

Do NOT stir. You can shift the noodles a little, pack them down a little. If they're not all submerged that's not a problem. Stirring will likely cause a 'burn' warning.

Add your soup on top.

then layered in the order above, pressure cooked 9 minutes then tempered and added 8 oz sour cream.

The Wife and I have been talking about making a homemade Stroganoff.
The recipe on our first attempt sucked and I warned the Wife that it was gonna suck.
Wasted a good quality Ribeye for nothing.
I hate to admit it but when I think of Stroganoff I think of the Hamburger Helper version.

The Wife and I have been talking about making a homemade Stroganoff.
The recipe on our first attempt sucked and I warned the Wife that it was gonna suck.
Wasted a good quality Ribeye for nothing.
I hate to admit it but when I think of Stroganoff I think of the Hamburger Helper version.
I'll ask Mrs MOe about hers.

She doesn't share her recipes with me.

She jokes if I learn her secret recipes, I won't need her anymore. 😂

The Original recipe...

How mine differed...

I used a whole onion (diced) and three garlic cloves (minced), 1.5# top round steak that was on sale (cubed), 3 cubes Knorr beef bullion (Caldo con Sabor de Res) from the Mexican aisle, 10oz can mushroom pieces drained, 6 cups water, 16 oz egg noodle and a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup.

You're not cooking it through... Just searing the outside of one side or two to build some flavor.

removed beef,

saute onions and garlic,

Return the beef.

Stir.

Add your soup on top.

Like I said...this doesn't taste much like Stroganoff to me...Mrs MOe make a much better beef stroganoff.

But it is still good...and very easy.
I am not a stroganoff aficionado, so I would probably be happy w/o the sour cream. We used to use the Pasta Roni Stroganoff mix and add thin sliced meat to it. But, alas, Pasta Roni quit making the stroganoff. Boo, I liked it.

Last edited:
Nah....I just love garlic.
We have a recipe for beans that has well over 20 cloves of garlic and it kicks ass!!!
R.7f82318b62d6db307e03646a363c9a9c

Nah....I just love garlic.
We have a recipe for beans that has well over 20 cloves of garlic and it kicks ass!!!
I could eat garlic butter noodles everyday and never get tired of them.

I am not a stroganoff aficionado, so I would probably be happy w/o the sour cream. We used to use the Pasta Roni Stroganoff mix and add thin sliced meat to it. But, alas, Pasta Roni quit making the stroganoff. Boo, I liked it.

You'd probably like this.

It tastes just like my Mom's beef tip and noodle casserole tonight.

Forum List

Back