The Bali Execution of Drug Smugglers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Eight men, including two Australians were condemned to be executed by firing squad. Last year that sentence was carried out. During their stay in prison seven of them accepted Christ. For the execution all refused to wear blindfolds. As they stood there waiting they all started singing this song, including the one who had not accepted Christ. Gunfire cut the song short.

I had the chance to talk to Matt shortly after this, and he was pretty shaken up by it. Humbling was how he described it. Yet joyous in knowing they had defeated death.

Wow! I did not think there were that many Christians in all of NYC.

They were singing the Old Hymn Amazing Grace when they were executed. They also sang other old hymns on their way to execution such as Bless the Lord O My Soul which was written in the 1800's.

Bali nine pair sang 'Amazing Grace' in their final moments and refused blindfolds

Oremus Hymnal: Bless the Lord, O my soul (Fudge)

Bless the Lord O My Soul is an old Anglican Hymn found in an Australian Hymnal book called the Sarum Hymnal from the 1868 - 1869. As at least one of these men were from Australia, he probably remembered the Old Hymn as a child. The Word of God tells us: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 - at least one appears to have been a prodigal who came back to the Father's house and in that he may have led the way in sharing Jesus Christ to the others and therein they were saved. To God be the glory.

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
bless the Lord, O my soul,
and all that is within me
bless his holy Name.

bless his holy Name.

King of kings (for ever and ever),
Lord of lord (for ever and ever),
King of kings and Lord of lords!

_______
These men were true Christians. They were converted while in prison and gave their lives to Jesus Christ. They are with the Lord right now.

Me too. If they were going to die it was a glorious way to go out - singing Old Holy Hymns unto the Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
funeral-15.jpg

Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.​

They were singing the Old Hymn Amazing Grace when they were executed. They also sang other old hymns on their way to execution such as Bless the Lord O My Soul which was written in the 1800's.

Bali nine pair sang 'Amazing Grace' in their final moments and refused blindfolds

Oremus Hymnal: Bless the Lord, O my soul (Fudge)

Bless the Lord O My Soul is an old Anglican Hymn found in an Australian Hymnal book called the Sarum Hymnal from the 1868 - 1869. As at least one of these men were from Australia, he probably remembered the Old Hymn as a child. The Word of God tells us: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6 - at least one appears to have been a prodigal who came back to the Father's house and in that he may have led the way in sharing Jesus Christ to the others and therein they were saved. To God be the glory.

bless his holy Name.

bless his holy Name.

Lord of lord (for ever and ever),
King of kings and Lord of lords!

_______
These men were true Christians. They were converted while in prison and gave their lives to Jesus Christ. They are with the Lord right now.
Actually it was 10,000 Reasons they sang, but nonetheless if we should all be so brave when our time is at hand.

Andrew Chan was executed singing 10,000 Reasons, widow tells funeral congregation | Christian News on Christian Today

Forum List

Back