The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg says anonymous sources are ‘not good enough’

The DemonRats and their lapdog the Main Stream Media, produce one hoax after another, after another... that's all they do .... they don't care for facts, they will continue doing it until the election, and even beyond , when Trump wins.

We live in very sad times my friends. :frown:
I agree with you there, we do live in sad times. It starts at the top and the person up there now is rotten as they come. He is bringing the ugliness out of everybody. Time for a change

Sad times yes, but because of the cheating demonRats, not because of President Trump or patriots, GOD Bless them.

Trump is a ray of light and hope among all the Leftist horror we are seing today.
Trump is in charge; the horror is his.

Anonymous sources good enough for Fox News.
Good enough for ONE correspondent...

The rest of them considered the article to be garbage...

The one fox reporter confirmed that the story was true.
That 4 unnamed sources had made the accusation.
Not that the accusations were confirmed.
The only way to confirm the accusations are for Trump to admit to them or for there to be a recording. Right? Otherwise you can always say it isn’t confirmed

A reasonable person might decide that the 20 or so people that were there and have gone on he record to say it did not happen, would be sufficient.
You aren't talking to a reasonable person

There is nothing to dispute. Of course, we would rather have sources that are named but as your own linked article states,

”The Atlantic’s editor-in-chief then turned the blame on the current commander-in-chief, saying Trump had set a tone of fear in the nation’s capital against speaking out about his alleged misdeeds.

“On the other hand, you are talking about a president who is unlike anything they have ever experienced. I think there is also fear. I think — and we see this across the board in Donald Trump’s Washington — there is a fear on a kind of a superficial level of a Twitter mob. There is also real fear of personal safety, fear for your family, fear for what you put everybody around you through if you started talking about this sort of thing,” he told the MSNBC host.”

There is real fear factor that comes from taking on Trump. Look at this forum with all the lunatics here calling for violence against those that come out against Trump.

Anonymous sources have always been valuable to a democracy. In this case I woild have like the sources to come forward. Having said that I believe every word of the Atlantic story and can understand why they wished to remain anonymous.
When there is a named source that counters what anonymous sources are saying, logic dictates that you believe the named source who is willing to make his career, family, and life targets for crazed leftwingers.
Johnlaw and logic have never been introduced.

There's no lie the left won't tell. Dems and their pals in the lying liberal news media are a boil on the human genome.
What do you think is being lied about?
Looks like the issue about Goldberg's smear article on Trump is finally settled!!!

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic and the journalist responsible for the “bombshell” report that President Trump disparaged America’s war dead, conceded that anonymous sources were “not good enough” in reporting such as his.

“I share that view that it’s not good enough. But, you know, like other reporters, I’m always balancing out the moral ambiguities and complications after anonymous sourcing with the public’s right to know,” Goldberg said during a Monday evening interview on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes.”

Hayes raised the issue of using unnamed sources with Goldberg while discussing his most recent article, in which he relied on four anonymous accounts.

For the doubters, Goldberg concedes that anonymous sources aren't good enough near the end of the video.....
How does this settle anything?
Goldberg conceded that his "evidence" isn't good enough....

Which leaves you with a dilemma....

Do you believe Goldberg, or claim he's a fucking idiot???

If you thought looking in your drawers and trying to decide what gender you are is confusing, this is sure to send you (and the other Liberals) straight to the mental hospital for treatment!!!!

View attachment 386649
Isn't good enough for what??
Not good enough to prove what he claimed, you idiot!!!
Nothing could fully prove it outside a recording or admission from Trump. Right? Even if the sources came forward you'd be crying foul and doing whatever you can to discredit them, am I right?

That begs the question: Do you believe Tara Reade? Do you believe Mrs. Biden's ex when he said his then wife and creepy Joe were screwing around behind his back?
I haven’t heard both sides of those stories. Do you believe them?

I don't believe anything that has no real evidence. When you become the focus of national attention, people come out of the woodwork with all kinds of stories about you. You also failed to answer my question: do you believe the Atlantic story?
Absolutely! :) I believe the gist of the story, With or without Goldberg's article....

Trumps actions and mouth, makes it hard not to....

Threats to disown Don Jr, if he joined the Military came from his niece....

Trump's comments on McCain were public.

Trump' s disparaging of the Kahn' s gold star parents, were public....

Trump' s handling and interference in military justice system of the marine being disciplined for murder and other military crimes, being pardoned by him, showed lack of respect for the military.

Trumps bashing of Col Vindman, then firing him, for honoring his oath to the Constitution.

Trump's totally ignoring the Russians putting a bounty on our soldiers serving, not a word to Russia or Putin on it....not even a warning....

Trump bashing the general's that he hired, like Gen Matis and General Kelly....when he has no personal use for them anymore....

Telling the wife of the dead soldier ambushed in Africa, that her husband knew he could be killed when he joined, which was callous.

Trumps father paying off a doctor, to say Trump had bone spurs, to dodge the draft....

There is a long Trump history of disrespecting our military, so the 4 anonymous by name sources saying that Trump said guys in the military who died for our nation were suckers and losers is believable.

Except what you posted is mostly BS. Trump did make some unfortunate statements about McCain when he wasn't thinking, but that was it.

His niece is selling a book and has hatred of Trump. Anything she wrote (with no evidence to back it up) is likely pure BS. Kahn attacked Trump first, not the other way around. Trump always counter punches no matter who it is. Vindman was a deep stater working for the commies in an effort to help them oust Trump. It's now believed that there was no whistleblower at all, it was Vindman all along. You can't keep somebody working for you that's trying to have you removed from office. He was properly transferred which happens in the military all the time.
I’m so sick of this BS counterpunch narrative. Yes Trump is a child and counter punches against anybody that criticizes him. But he also initiates fights all the time. He is a shit talking troll. Nothing respectable or excusable about any of that.

There's no lie the left won't tell. Dems and their pals in the lying liberal news media are a boil on the human genome.
Looks like the issue about Goldberg's smear article on Trump is finally settled!!!

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic and the journalist responsible for the “bombshell” report that President Trump disparaged America’s war dead, conceded that anonymous sources were “not good enough” in reporting such as his.

“I share that view that it’s not good enough. But, you know, like other reporters, I’m always balancing out the moral ambiguities and complications after anonymous sourcing with the public’s right to know,” Goldberg said during a Monday evening interview on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes.”

Hayes raised the issue of using unnamed sources with Goldberg while discussing his most recent article, in which he relied on four anonymous accounts.

For the doubters, Goldberg concedes that anonymous sources aren't good enough near the end of the video.....

If you thought looking in your drawers and trying to decide what gender you are is confusing, this is sure to send you (and the other Liberals) straight to the mental hospital for treatment!!!!

View attachment 386649
Nothing could fully prove it outside a recording or admission from Trump. Right? Even if the sources came forward you'd be crying foul and doing whatever you can to discredit them, am I right?

That begs the question: Do you believe Tara Reade? Do you believe Mrs. Biden's ex when he said his then wife and creepy Joe were screwing around behind his back?

I don't believe anything that has no real evidence. When you become the focus of national attention, people come out of the woodwork with all kinds of stories about you. You also failed to answer my question: do you believe the Atlantic story?
Absolutely! :) I believe the gist of the story, With or without Goldberg's article....

Trump' s handling and interference in military justice system of the marine being disciplined for murder and other military crimes, being pardoned by him, showed lack of respect for the military.

Trumps bashing of Col Vindman, then firing him, for honoring his oath to the Constitution.

Trump's totally ignoring the Russians putting a bounty on our soldiers serving, not a word to Russia or Putin on it....not even a warning....

Trump bashing the general's that he hired, like Gen Matis and General Kelly....when he has no personal use for them anymore....

Telling the wife of the dead soldier ambushed in Africa, that her husband knew he could be killed when he joined, which was callous.

Trumps father paying off a doctor, to say Trump had bone spurs, to dodge the draft....

There is a long Trump history of disrespecting our military, so the 4 anonymous by name sources saying that Trump said guys in the military who died for our nation were suckers and losers is believable.

Except what you posted is mostly BS. Trump did make some unfortunate statements about McCain when he wasn't thinking, but that was it.

His niece is selling a book and has hatred of Trump. Anything she wrote (with no evidence to back it up) is likely pure BS. Kahn attacked Trump first, not the other way around. Trump always counter punches no matter who it is. Vindman was a deep stater working for the commies in an effort to help them oust Trump. It's now believed that there was no whistleblower at all, it was Vindman all along. You can't keep somebody working for you that's trying to have you removed from office. He was properly transferred which happens in the military all the time.
I’m so sick of this BS counterpunch narrative. Yes Trump is a child and counter punches against anybody that criticizes him. But he also initiates fights all the time. He is a shit talking troll. Nothing respectable or excusable about any of that.

There is nothing respectable about a representative getting attacked all the time and not defending himself either. Until Trump, that's what we had on the Republican side.

But this is fine. It's why you are on the left and I am on the right: different opinions. You respect the guy at an amusement park who is accosted by a person in front of his girlfriend, getting poked in the chest, yelled at, spit on, and does nothing about it. I respect the guy who clocks him square in the face so that girlfriend can have an ounce of respect for her man.

View attachment 386649

I believe Trump would absolutely say those things as he has said similar stuff in the past. Whether he said everything claimed in the story, I wouldn’t stand behind it nor would I stand behind anything reported that I didn’t actually hear for myself.

The claims don’t surprise me though, I assumed Trump had these views about troops before the Atlantic story came out. It’s who he is

Outside of what he said about McCain, Trump seems like the most supportive President of our military in our lifetime and never expressed disdain. But you say you aren't surprised.

Then let me ask: Creepy Joe, a well known toucher and hair sniffer of young girls doesn't give you reason to believe that the story of his sexual impropriety is likely, even though as you say, you wouldn't stand behind it?
Somebody who hugs and touches doesn’t mean they are sexual assaulters. I come from a family of huggers. I grew up hugging and kissing all my relatives when I said hello and goodbye to them. I would hug strangers when I met them. I don’t see joe acting much different than my grandparents acted during gatherings with family and friends. So these creepy joe accusations are pretty disgusting to me.

Of course if somebody makes accusations they should be listened to. But like you said people come out of the woodwork during campaigns so both sides need to be heard.

Trump has made more comments outside of McCain to show his true colors. What he did to John Kelly was very telling and comments he’s made about our generals is telling as well

We are not talking family members here, we are talking about strange girls, and he's had his nose in their hair sniffing them like a blood hound. Don't tell me that's normal.

Given your bias, you are saying it's likely Trump said those things about our fallen solders but it's not likely hair sniffer was a sexual assaulter. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Trump may have had some words about people he disagreed or fought with, but not our military men and women in general.
I know what we are talking about. I’ve seen the videos and I told you my take on it. The accusations based on the videos are disgusting and ridiculous. The accusations from the assault accuser should have been heard along with joes side of the story.

Trump is all about the troops because they help him politically and he is taking that side. Dead troops don’t serve his political purposes and I honestly don’t think he is sincere when he visits graves or honors the fallen. I can totally see somebody like Trump calling the fallen suckers for actually going to war and I can see him calling their deaths as a waste. It’s the type of person he is. Again, whether he said what was reported, I don’t know, I didn’t hear it, I simply said that I would not be surprised if it was true and I believe that sources are actually saying he said these things and it’s not just reporters making it up

And that's why you're a hypocrite. There is way more evidence to suggest Biden might be a sexual pervert than there is of Trump saying something like that about our military. He might disagree and even argue with members of it, but not disrespect it or our troops entirely. Yet, by your own admission, you say you'd sooner believe this Atlantic garbage than you do an actual human being with a name of the accusations.

Unknown.jpeg

View attachment 386649

There is nothing respectable about a representative getting attacked all the time and not defending himself either. Until Trump, that's what we had on the Republican side.

But this is fine. It's why you are on the left and I am on the right: different opinions. You respect the guy at an amusement park who is accosted by a person in front of his girlfriend, getting poked in the chest, yelled at, spit on, and does nothing about it. I respect the guy who clocks him square in the face so that girlfriend can have an ounce of respect for her man.
Trump gets attacked for lying and he counterpunches with childish insults and more lies. Leaders see serve to be scrutinized when they lie. Leaders should be held to a higher standard than grade schoolers not lower

View attachment 386649

I believe Trump would absolutely say those things as he has said similar stuff in the past. Whether he said everything claimed in the story, I wouldn’t stand behind it nor would I stand behind anything reported that I didn’t actually hear for myself.

The claims don’t surprise me though, I assumed Trump had these views about troops before the Atlantic story came out. It’s who he is

Outside of what he said about McCain, Trump seems like the most supportive President of our military in our lifetime and never expressed disdain. But you say you aren't surprised.

Then let me ask: Creepy Joe, a well known toucher and hair sniffer of young girls doesn't give you reason to believe that the story of his sexual impropriety is likely, even though as you say, you wouldn't stand behind it?
Somebody who hugs and touches doesn’t mean they are sexual assaulters. I come from a family of huggers. I grew up hugging and kissing all my relatives when I said hello and goodbye to them. I would hug strangers when I met them. I don’t see joe acting much different than my grandparents acted during gatherings with family and friends. So these creepy joe accusations are pretty disgusting to me.

Of course if somebody makes accusations they should be listened to. But like you said people come out of the woodwork during campaigns so both sides need to be heard.

Trump has made more comments outside of McCain to show his true colors. What he did to John Kelly was very telling and comments he’s made about our generals is telling as well

We are not talking family members here, we are talking about strange girls, and he's had his nose in their hair sniffing them like a blood hound. Don't tell me that's normal.

Given your bias, you are saying it's likely Trump said those things about our fallen solders but it's not likely hair sniffer was a sexual assaulter. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me. Trump may have had some words about people he disagreed or fought with, but not our military men and women in general.
I know what we are talking about. I’ve seen the videos and I told you my take on it. The accusations based on the videos are disgusting and ridiculous. The accusations from the assault accuser should have been heard along with joes side of the story.

Trump is all about the troops because they help him politically and he is taking that side. Dead troops don’t serve his political purposes and I honestly don’t think he is sincere when he visits graves or honors the fallen. I can totally see somebody like Trump calling the fallen suckers for actually going to war and I can see him calling their deaths as a waste. It’s the type of person he is. Again, whether he said what was reported, I don’t know, I didn’t hear it, I simply said that I would not be surprised if it was true and I believe that sources are actually saying he said these things and it’s not just reporters making it up

And that's why you're a hypocrite. There is way more evidence to suggest Biden might be a sexual pervert than there is of Trump saying something like that about our military. He might disagree and even argue with members of it, but not disrespect it or our troops entirely. Yet, by your own admission, you say you'd sooner believe this Atlantic garbage than you do an actual human being with a name of the accusations.

View attachment 386967
Just wait Ray, there are going to be recording a or first hand accounts of Trump saying crap like this because it is who he is.

you’re sending pictures of Biden trying to make people feel comfortable during photo shoots. How in the world do you think that’s showing an intent to sexually assault people? In front of cameras. Are you shitting me?

View attachment 386649

I don’t know where you got that amusement park example but you clearly have no clue what you’re talking about

View attachment 386649

View attachment 386967
Just wait Ray, there are going to be recording a or first hand accounts of Trump saying crap like this because it is who he is.

you’re sending pictures of Biden trying to make people feel comfortable during photo shoots. How in the world do you think that’s showing an intent to sexually assault people? In front of cameras. Are you shitting me?

It's creepy and perverted. Did you ever see an old man behave like that before? Do you think that made any of them comfortable? They probably took a shower the minute they got home. You have it just the opposite. It made them feel uncomfortable. No young girl wants an old man to do anything like that to them, especially in front of an audience.

As for Trump, when you have him saying anything like that on record, then bring it up. Until then, it's some company losing business that made up a story to sell magazines.

View attachment 386649

Trump gets attacked for lying and he counterpunches with childish insults and more lies. Leaders see serve to be scrutinized when they lie. Leaders should be held to a higher standard than grade schoolers not lower

Like I said, it's a matter of opinion, and mine is I'm sick and tired of seeing Republicans cower every single time they are attacked by the MSM or a political foe. I love when Trump punches back. I respect a person that sticks up for himself and his constituents. If these people can't stand the heat, then they can stay out of the kitchen.

View attachment 386649

View attachment 386967

It's creepy and perverted. Did you ever see an old man behave like that before? Do you think that made any of them comfortable? They probably took a shower the minute they got home. You have it just the opposite. It made them feel uncomfortable. No young girl wants an old man to do anything like that to them, especially in front of an audience.

As for Trump, when you have him saying anything like that on record, then bring it up. Until then, it's some company losing business that made up a story to sell magazines.
No I think you are taking video still frames and making a disgusting narrative around it. The same thing was done to Trump with Ivanka to make it look like he was molesting her. It’s ridiculous and childish. You can do better than that Ray. Grow up

View attachment 386649

Like I said, it's a matter of opinion, and mine is I'm sick and tired of seeing Republicans cower every single time they are attacked by the MSM or a political foe. I love when Trump punches back. I respect a person that sticks up for himself and his constituents. If these people can't stand the heat, then they can stay out of the kitchen.
there is a respectable way to fight back which involves fact and intellect... and Trump does not use that tactic

There is nothing to dispute. Of course, we would rather have sources that are named but as your own linked article states,

”The Atlantic’s editor-in-chief then turned the blame on the current commander-in-chief, saying Trump had set a tone of fear in the nation’s capital against speaking out about his alleged misdeeds.

“On the other hand, you are talking about a president who is unlike anything they have ever experienced. I think there is also fear. I think — and we see this across the board in Donald Trump’s Washington — there is a fear on a kind of a superficial level of a Twitter mob. There is also real fear of personal safety, fear for your family, fear for what you put everybody around you through if you started talking about this sort of thing,” he told the MSNBC host.”

There is real fear factor that comes from taking on Trump. Look at this forum with all the lunatics here calling for violence against those that come out against Trump.

Anonymous sources have always been valuable to a democracy. In this case I woild have like the sources to come forward. Having said that I believe every word of the Atlantic story and can understand why they wished to remain anonymous.

^^Translation....I'll believe anything coming from an anonymous source that disparages trump.

View attachment 386649

We have to stand up to liberal bullies. Trump is standing up not only for himself but for untold millions of Americans. Good job Trump! :eusa_clap:

View attachment 386649

there is a respectable way to fight back which involves fact and intellect... and Trump does not use that tactic

Oh please, the left can fight as dirty as they please but the right has to be respectable?? Instead we'll fight just as dirty as the left okay. :eusa_hand:

BREAKING: Trump Campaign Issues Cease and Desist Order to Biden Campaign, Twitter and Facebook to Stop Running Ad Based on False and Unverified Atlantic Hit Piece on President

The Trump Campaign on Thursday sent a cease and desist order to the Biden Campaign, Twitter and Facebook to stop running an ad based on the debunked and inflammatory Jeffrey Goldberg hit piece in The Atlantic last week.

Trump Campaign Senior Legal Adviser told Charles Payne on Thursday the Trump campaign is asking Twitter and Facebook to be consistent.

The Biden Campaign put out a false and misleading ad that is based on the Atlantic article which is unverified anonymous sources. And Twitter and Facebook should absolutely remove this ad because if this had been from the Trump campaign that was based on false and anonymous and unverified sources they would have flagged it as misinformation. Why are they not treating the Biden Campaign the same?

^^Translation....I'll believe anything coming from an anonymous source that disparages trump.
Correction, he will believe anything his handlers tell him to believe.

View attachment 386649

We have to stand up to liberal bullies. Trump is standing up not only for himself but for untold millions of Americans. Good job Trump! :eusa_clap:
Trump isn’t standing up, he is lying and trolling.

View attachment 386649

Oh please, the left can fight as dirty as they please but the right has to be respectable?? Instead we'll fight just as dirty as the left okay. :eusa_hand:
When the Left lies and trolls, which they do, then they should be condemned for that as well. Goes both ways

Forum List

Back