The Anti-Hero and American Politics

Something hit me this morning as I was thinking about the reaction to the Colorado court ruling on Trump, and I thought I'd toss it out here to see your opinions (amongst the standard personal insults and name-calling).

Growing up in the Bay Area, I was a big Oakland Raider fan back in the day. Their reputation was always The Bad Guy, and we just loved that. We loved backing The Bad Guys. And certainly America loves its Anti-Heroes, particularly in our movies and teevee shows. I'll bet all of us can think of a few Bad Guy Anti-Hero movies and characters we've enjoyed, from Pirates of the Caribbean to Scarface to Pulp Fiction.

Anyway, those judges in Colorado did what they figured they had to do. But I expect this Supreme Court to throw it out, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Trump's popularity increase because of this, when all is said and done.

Thoughts?

Well yeah. I mean, that's the whole reason Donald is popular in the first place. The WWE also thrives on serving up bad guys for people to love. And here we are.

Gee whiz...

According to the blob’s #1 apologist, the blob (shockingly) did nothing wrong.

And, as a result, the rabid pack of wild mangy dogs that are Trump supporters broke into the capitol, assaulted 140 cops, did millions of dollars in damage because...they were allowed to and couldn’t help themselves!!!!
If the National Guard was activated as Sund and Trump requested there would have been no riot, duh.

If the National Guard was activated as Sund and Trump requested there would have been no riot, duh.

Were you dropped on your head at birth? That is the only explanation for this level of idiocy you’re showing.

So I guess that none of the BLM rioters were at fault since there wasn’t enough force to put them down too then right?

Hell, according to you....nobody who ever committed any crime in history for that matter were at fault since the police were not there to stop them before the fact.

Well yeah. I mean, that's the whole reason Donald is popular in the first place. The WWE also thrives on serving up bad guys for people to love. And here we are.
And you’ll notice that the question of the consequences of action are always discounted by blob supporters because on the WWE...it doesn’t matter what happens; there is always another match next week. "So sure, Trump supporters think..lets start trade wars, let Iran develop a nuke, close the border, stop trade with all nations....because none of it matters"; just like on TV.

Let's assume for a moment that what you're saying is correct.

What kind of responsible President stokes the flames to the point that a riot is imminent without the National Guard being on hand?

That's what I expect.

The larger issue remains.
The dangerously duped nature of the rank & file US voter manifests itself in far more widespread and mundane ways than this so-called "larger issue."

You're just using a lot of words to say OMB.

And here we are, indeed. And this is a reflection of the country, a horrible one at that.

1703155075393.png

Mac judging everyone's voting habits while not giving a fig himself about the shredding of the Constitution. Hey, Mac that kind of hypocrisy is what makes the Church Lady so enduringly funny. But I know you don't get it

What kind of responsible President stokes the flames to the point that a riot is imminent without the National Guard being on hand?
You fucking subverted zombies were stoking the flames of your "resistance" since the day he announced his candidacy in 2015!!!
No, your PROJECTION is DISMISSED!!!!! :eusa_hand:

Since the behaviors of this person can't be compared to, or equated with, those of any other person -- have you ever seen another man, woman or child who behaves like this? -- it's impossible to say. He is operating purely for his own brittle ego and profound neediness, his handlers and enablers are operating purely for their self interests, and the rubes are operating purely on being manipulated. There is simply no comparing this to... anything.

Obviously the closest we can come is 30's Europe, but it could be argued that this is even more intense. These people are immersed in a wide spectrum of propaganda 24/7/365. This isn't just politics for them, it's an entire lifestyle.

Last edited:
Since the behaviors of this person can't be compared to, or equated with, those of any other person -- have you ever seen another man, woman or child who behaves like this? -- it's impossible to say. He is operating purely for his own brittle ego and profound neediness, his handlers and enablers are operating purely for their self interests, and the rubes are operating purely on being manipulated. There is simply no comparing this to... anything.

Obviously the closest we can come is 30's Europe, but it could be argued that this is even more intense. These people are immersed in a wide spectrum of propaganda 24/7/365. This isn't just politics for them, it's an entire lifestyle.
These people are immersed in a wide spectrum of propaganda 24/7/365
what people are those mac?.....that sounds like just about everyone.....

Liar. The FBI said Trump did not incite the capitol riot.

Trump said to march "peacefully and respectfully" to the capitol.

Something hit me this morning as I was thinking about the reaction to the Colorado court ruling on Trump, and I thought I'd toss it out here to see your opinions (amongst the standard personal insults and name-calling).

Growing up in the Bay Area, I was a big Oakland Raider fan back in the day. Their reputation was always The Bad Guy, and we just loved that. We loved backing The Bad Guys. And certainly America loves its Anti-Heroes, particularly in our movies and teevee shows. I'll bet all of us can think of a few Bad Guy Anti-Hero movies and characters we've enjoyed, from Pirates of the Caribbean to Scarface to Pulp Fiction.

Anyway, those judges in Colorado did what they figured they had to do. But I expect this Supreme Court to throw it out, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see Trump's popularity increase because of this, when all is said and done.

Thoughts?

Thoughts on what? The Raiders?
How do you think the Democrats would respond if this was Texas, and a Texas court held a hearing and said there is enough evidence that Biden took money, subdued a hunter Biden investigation - take your pick - and then banned him from the ballot.
You think Democrats would just say "okay"???

Jesus

Were you dropped on your head at birth? That is the only explanation for this level of idiocy you’re showing.

So I guess that none of the BLM rioters were at fault since there wasn’t enough force to put them down too then right?

Hell, according to you....nobody who ever committed any crime in history for that matter were at fault since the police were not there to stop them before the fact.
Authoritarians enforcing the laws that are in the criminal code books can crush skulls if they want to. They did a half century ago or so. They can kill or murder if they want to. There is a difference. There are authoritarians in public and private employment. With many falling in line to follow those who tell them what to do or destroy another person with their projected venom. We also have authoritarians in culture, race, religion, gender, gender choice in all ways and whatever else. Some have more sway than other as we see now. When the time comes, the riots will be quelled if severe enough with lethal weapons.

Bar none, there is no situation where a state court should have the power to remove a President from the ballot.
Like I said - if that became the norm, our Republic has ended.
PERIOD.
End of story.

You fucking subverted zombies were stoking the flames of your "resistance" since the day he announced his candidacy in 2015!!!
No, your PROJECTION is DISMISSED!!!!! :eusa_hand:

Now if you have used a condom for that post it would be easier to wash your hands afterwards.

Forum List

Back