The American Petroleum Institute requests 10 actions from Biden to help them produce more oil (Poll)

What should Joe Biden do with the requested actions by the API?

• Do ALL of them to get the price oil and gas lower ASAP

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Do some of them, but not all, I'll explain the ones I object to

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do NONE of them, we need to be weaned off of fossil fuels ASAP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
These are requests made by the American Petroleum Institute to allow oil companies to produce more oil.
Should Biden do all of these, some of these, or none of these?

API Unveils Ten-Point Policy Plan to Restore U.S. Energy Leadership, Fuel Economic Recovery​

1. Lift Development Restrictions on Federal Lands and Waters

The Department of the Interior (DOI) should swiftly issue a 5-year program for the Outer Continental Shelf and hold mandated quarterly onshore lease sales with equitable terms. DOI should reinstate canceled sales and valid leases on federal lands and waters.

2. Designate Critical Energy Infrastructure Projects

Congress should authorize critical energy infrastructure projects to support the production, processing and delivery of energy. These projects would be of such concern to the national interest that they would be entitled to undergo a streamlined review and permitting process not to exceed one year.

3. Fix the NEPA Permitting Process

The Biden administration should revise the National Environmental Policy Act process by establishing agency uniformity in reviews, limiting reviews to two years, and reducing bureaucratic burdens placed on project proponents in terms of size and scope of application submissions.

4. Accelerate LNG Exports and Approve Pending LNG Applications

Congress should amend the Natural Gas Act to streamline the Department of Energy (DOE) to a single approval process for all U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects. DOE should approve pending LNG applications to enable the U.S. to deliver reliable energy to our allies abroad.

5. Unlock Investment and Access to Capital

The Securities and Exchange Commission should reconsider its overly burdensome and ineffective climate disclosure proposal and the Biden administration should ensure open capital markets where access is based upon individual company merit free from artificial constraints based on government-preferred investment allocations.\

6. Dismantle Supply Chain Bottlenecks

President Biden should rescind steel tariffs that remain on imports from U.S. allies as steel is a critical component of energy production, transportation, and refining. The Biden administration should accelerate efforts to relieve port congestion so that equipment necessary for energy development can be delivered and installed.

7. Advance Lower Carbon Energy Tax Provisions
Congress should expand and extend Section 45Q tax credits for carbon capture, utilization, and storage development and create a new tax credit for hydrogen produced from all sources.

8. Protect Competition in the Use of Refining Technologies

The Biden administration should ensure that future federal agency rulemakings continue to allow U.S. refineries to use the existing critical process technologies to produce the fuels needed for global energy markets.

9. End Permitting Obstruction on Natural Gas Projects

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission should cease efforts to overstep its permitting authority under the Natural Gas Act and should adhere to traditional considerations of public needs as well as focus on direct impacts arising from the construction and operation of natural gas projects.

10. Advance the Energy Workforce of the Future

Congress and the Biden administration should support the training and education of a diverse workforce through increased funding of work-based learning and advancement of STEM programs to nurture the skills necessary to construct and operate oil, natural gas and other energy infrastructure.

They would need iron clad guarantees because you know the lefties would just be waiting until the industry spent billions on exploration & new production projects before shutting them down at the last minute so their capital is wasted.

This is how they operate & the oil companies know it. So does nuclear. They won't expand production either because they know it's way too uncertain the rules won't change at the last minute

Last edited:
These are requests made by the American Petroleum Institute to allow oil companies to produce more oil.
Should Biden do all of these, some of these, or none of these?

API Unveils Ten-Point Policy Plan to Restore U.S. Energy Leadership, Fuel Economic Recovery​

1. Lift Development Restrictions on Federal Lands and Waters

The Department of the Interior (DOI) should swiftly issue a 5-year program for the Outer Continental Shelf and hold mandated quarterly onshore lease sales with equitable terms. DOI should reinstate canceled sales and valid leases on federal lands and waters.

2. Designate Critical Energy Infrastructure Projects

Congress should authorize critical energy infrastructure projects to support the production, processing and delivery of energy. These projects would be of such concern to the national interest that they would be entitled to undergo a streamlined review and permitting process not to exceed one year.

3. Fix the NEPA Permitting Process

The Biden administration should revise the National Environmental Policy Act process by establishing agency uniformity in reviews, limiting reviews to two years, and reducing bureaucratic burdens placed on project proponents in terms of size and scope of application submissions.

4. Accelerate LNG Exports and Approve Pending LNG Applications

Congress should amend the Natural Gas Act to streamline the Department of Energy (DOE) to a single approval process for all U.S. liquefied natural gas (LNG) projects. DOE should approve pending LNG applications to enable the U.S. to deliver reliable energy to our allies abroad.

5. Unlock Investment and Access to Capital

The Securities and Exchange Commission should reconsider its overly burdensome and ineffective climate disclosure proposal and the Biden administration should ensure open capital markets where access is based upon individual company merit free from artificial constraints based on government-preferred investment allocations.\

6. Dismantle Supply Chain Bottlenecks

President Biden should rescind steel tariffs that remain on imports from U.S. allies as steel is a critical component of energy production, transportation, and refining. The Biden administration should accelerate efforts to relieve port congestion so that equipment necessary for energy development can be delivered and installed.

7. Advance Lower Carbon Energy Tax Provisions
Congress should expand and extend Section 45Q tax credits for carbon capture, utilization, and storage development and create a new tax credit for hydrogen produced from all sources.

8. Protect Competition in the Use of Refining Technologies

The Biden administration should ensure that future federal agency rulemakings continue to allow U.S. refineries to use the existing critical process technologies to produce the fuels needed for global energy markets.

9. End Permitting Obstruction on Natural Gas Projects

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission should cease efforts to overstep its permitting authority under the Natural Gas Act and should adhere to traditional considerations of public needs as well as focus on direct impacts arising from the construction and operation of natural gas projects.

10. Advance the Energy Workforce of the Future

Congress and the Biden administration should support the training and education of a diverse workforce through increased funding of work-based learning and advancement of STEM programs to nurture the skills necessary to construct and operate oil, natural gas and other energy infrastructure.
Several of those initiatives are in the Build Back Better Act, maybe they might want to send McConnell a copy.

They would need iron clad guarantees because you know the lefties would just be waiting until the industry spent billions on exploration & new production projects before shutting them down at the last minute so their capital is wasted.

This is how they operate & the oil company knows it. So does nuclear. They won't expand production either because they know it's way to uncertain the rules won't change at the last minute
yep .... thats the sad truth .

This is how they operate & the oil company knows it. So does nuclear. They won't expand production either because they know it's way to uncertain the rules won't change at the last minute
Agreed.
Before a company invests $billions that could be stopped by Joe's pen, they should get a guarantee that the "entire project" is approved according to specific criterion and will not be stopped or shutdown without just cause.

Just goes to show how burdensome the regulatory agencies have become to be able to accomplish anything. It's a wonder they even try.

I think I read a book about that once by Ayn somebody.....It turned out poorly for the .gov.

Just goes to show how burdensome the regulatory agencies have become to be able to accomplish anything. It's a wonder they even try.

I think I read a book about that once by Ayn somebody.....It turned out poorly for the .gov.

You know, Ayn Rand was quite the character. I mean Atlas Shrugged is perhaps the worse written book I have ever opened. Terrible. An insult to literature. But here is the kicker. Rand suffered from lung cancer, and when she found out she moved mountains in order to claim that she qualified for Medicare through her ex-husband. In the end, striving to prolong her own life, she turned to none other than the government, which makes her the ultimate hypocrite.

I mean if you morons that support Rand's premise actually walked the walk, I would admire you. I had a neighbor, she was so against the government that she both refused Social Security and Medicare. Yep, told them to keep the damn money. And like Rand, she died from lung cancer. But unlike Rand, she never attempted to increase her life by one single day through the works of the government. Diagnosed on Friday and dead on Monday, she suffered little and I am sure resides in a special place in heaven. Unlike Rand, and most of you dipshits, she actually walked the walk, not just talk the talk.

Forum List

Back