The Advice Thread

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I noticed that there weren't any of these kinds of threads around here so I decided to make one and I'll go ahead and start. Okay so this neighbor of mine is really friendly and I like him a lot but he tends to make feel uncomfortable because he's a real busybody. For instance, he just asked me what I thought about how much somebody's pool cost, like how is that any of his business? I guess I'm just not assertive enough and that's why I don't know how to respond. So what would you guys do in that situation?

I noticed that there weren't any of these kinds of threads around here so I decided to make one and I'll go ahead and start. Okay so this neighbor of mine is really friendly and I like him a lot but he tends to make feel uncomfortable because he's a real busybody. For instance, he just asked me what I thought about how much somebody's pool cost, like how is that any of his business? I guess I'm just not assertive enough and that's why I don't know how to respond. So what would you guys do in that situation?

Did you ask him if he was planning to build a pool for his back yard?

What should be done to Potterhead if she wears white shoes after labor day?

I thought this thread was for car talk?
If not and its just a bunch of guys (gals too since they are car buffs as well).

Just askin'.

If you like the guy the correct response is "I don't know, never thought about it."
Otherwise the correct response is "I don't know, I mind my own business."

You should probably sneak into his house and stab him in the eyeball with an ice pick.
That'll make him think twice about making you un easy.

If not and its just a bunch of guys (gals too since they are car buffs as well).

Just askin'.

I was just going by what it said in the forum topic (threads that don't really fit into any other category XD)

Just askin'.

I was just going by what it said in the forum topic (threads that don't really fit into any other category XD)
I'se just fuckin' around. No offense meant. I took it as a way in and ran with it. Now I am waiting for the fallout from the mens, lol.

This is their turf. Car talk. Guns. Guy stuff. A place for them to do guy stuff as I mentioned above in play.
This place has threads galore of all topics....and you are new. Gonna take you some time to explore it all. It might not show topics already started, but this place goes wayyyyyyyyyyyy back and its new servers too. Anyway...you'll learn.

I thought that you's was going to be avoiding me btw. Could it possibly be that we're starting to grow on each other after backing up each other earlier on? Hehe. ;)

Not to say women are not welcome. Depends on the topic I think. Just speaking for myself, I was messing around with them jokingly.

There is even a thread about metal detecting. THAT was interesting, what was found. LOVE a good treasure find. I think that thread was prior to The Garage being formed. I THINK I remember the guys asking for a place of their own...since we had the Women's Lounge.

I thought that you's was going to be avoiding me btw. Could it possibly be that we're starting to grow on each other after backing up each other earlier on? Hehe. ;)
Takes a long time for me to trust anyone. As I have said before..I have been here a long time. Most know who I am and how I respond in whether its anger, disgust, jokingly, funny, secure and insecure. You are still new. So..I'm tryin' but still holding back. No offense. Although if you say something I agree with...even with those I don't particularly get along with and are NOT on iggie..I will still thank them or whatever.

I'd tell him I installed their pool and would gladly do the same for him for a keg of beer.

Payment in advance

Give him the evil eye..

I would tell him if he wants to know, ask that neighbor. It can be the start of friendly neighborhood relations.
Some people like talking about their pools and sharing advice with others.

Encourage this person to get to know people and talk directly and honestly.

If this neighbor gets bored and focuses on wasteful non issues or gossip, I would encourage finding and focusing on a more creative hobby, talent or interest this neighbor could be pursuing.

If you find out they garden, then ask them how their flowers are blooming or if their plants are producing vegetables yet.
If they like reading, ask them for a recommendation or about authors or series they like.
If they like theatre or local events, encourage them to go to one with neighbors, so they have positive activities to share and talk about.

Anything like that is better than making up garbage to gossip or complain about....

What should be done to Potterhead if she wears white shoes after labor day?
Advise her to change to boots. To kick somebody's behind if they don't stop talking smack about her.
After that stops, she can go back to wearing white gloves and white shoes any time or place she wants, and just pray nice clean thoughts. No more smack talk!

Forum List

Back