The 2nd Amendment Wins Again

[

so who here says that any felon should be able to buy a gun?

if there's that many it should be easy to find a quote

It depends on the felony.

Stripping civil rights from someone convicted of cheating on their taxes rubs me the wrong way.

Violent felons are a different story.
IMO a criminal is a criminal

choose to break the law lose your rights

Have you ever got a speeding ticket?

More and more States are recognizing their citizens right to self defense, this time NH. With any luck the trend will continue.

From the link:

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu has signed legislation removing the licensing requirement for carrying concealed firearms. A representative from the National Rifle Association says that makes New Hampshire the 12th state that doesn’t require a license or permit.

Now anyone who isn’t prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun can carry it concealed without a license. The previous law gave police chiefs and local officials the discretion to decide if someone was ‘‘suitable’’ to carry a gun concealed.

N.H. residents no longer need a license to carry concealed loaded guns - The Boston Globe

Regressives are now free to have another hissy fit.
I would be very surprised if the ultra Left states like California and New York ever do this too.

Sure I would like to see it. But I doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime.

Here is the problem with all this: Even if states are forced by court to allow citizens to carry firearms, that doesn't mean the laws have to back them up.

Here in my state, I would never hesitate to use deadly force if needed because our legislators wrote the laws that favor us--the armed victim. However even if I could use my license in NY or California, I would be very fearful because of how they view armed citizens.

For armed citizens to make a difference, laws have to be provided to support people who need guns to get out of a bad situation. If the laws (and prosecutors) are against you, you might as well leave the gun home.

I agree, I never plan on going there much carrying a gun there, but wouldn't it be great for force some shit down their throats for a change?

Yeah, but my point is it really won't help the people that much. When our CCW passed, the police really looked down on it. They really gave you a hard time if they found you with a gun and permit. It took some time and a few lawsuits, but the cops are finally favoring CCW's here.

In fact there was a story just a few months ago about an officer that responded to an auto accident call. He was ambushed by a gunman who shot the officer, and then the officer somehow ended up in a physical fight with the criminal. A CCW holder seen what was going on, stopped his car, shot and killed the gunman thus saving the officers life.

Of course it never made the "Trump and Russia" level of reporting, but stories like this are out there if you really look for them.

Trooper shot in ‘ambush’ on Arizona highway; passerby fatally shoots suspect

M

Now anyone who isn’t prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun can carry it concealed without a license.

That is the way it should be all over the country. The government should not infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms.A constitutional right that requires a license is not really a right, is it?

The next thing we need to do is to remove all laws against the possession of firearms. There should be a law against possession. There should only be laws against using a firearm for illegal purposes.

I'd give you a thank you if you fix the second sentence in the second paragraph.

M

Now anyone who isn’t prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun can carry it concealed without a license.

That is the way it should be all over the country. The government should not infringe upon the right to keep and bear arms.A constitutional right that requires a license is not really a right, is it?

The next thing we need to do is to remove all laws against the possession of firearms. There should be a law against possession. There should only be laws against using a firearm for illegal purposes.

I'd give you a thank you if you fix the second sentence in the second paragraph.

Yes, I left out the word "not". I am getting old and senile but my heart is in the right place.

More and more States are recognizing their citizens right to self defense, this time NH. With any luck the trend will continue.

From the link:

Republican Gov. Chris Sununu has signed legislation removing the licensing requirement for carrying concealed firearms. A representative from the National Rifle Association says that makes New Hampshire the 12th state that doesn’t require a license or permit.

Now anyone who isn’t prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun can carry it concealed without a license. The previous law gave police chiefs and local officials the discretion to decide if someone was ‘‘suitable’’ to carry a gun concealed.

N.H. residents no longer need a license to carry concealed loaded guns - The Boston Globe

Regressives are now free to have another hissy fit.
I would be very surprised if the ultra Left states like California and New York ever do this too.

Sure I would like to see it. But I doubt it will ever happen in my lifetime.

Here is the problem with all this: Even if states are forced by court to allow citizens to carry firearms, that doesn't mean the laws have to back them up.

Here in my state, I would never hesitate to use deadly force if needed because our legislators wrote the laws that favor us--the armed victim. However even if I could use my license in NY or California, I would be very fearful because of how they view armed citizens.

For armed citizens to make a difference, laws have to be provided to support people who need guns to get out of a bad situation. If the laws (and prosecutors) are against you, you might as well leave the gun home.

I agree, I never plan on going there much carrying a gun there, but wouldn't it be great for force some shit down their throats for a change?

Yeah, but my point is it really won't help the people that much. When our CCW passed, the police really looked down on it. They really gave you a hard time if they found you with a gun and permit. It took some time and a few lawsuits, but the cops are finally favoring CCW's here.

In fact there was a story just a few months ago about an officer that responded to an auto accident call. He was ambushed by a gunman who shot the officer, and then the officer somehow ended up in a physical fight with the criminal. A CCW holder seen what was going on, stopped his car, shot and killed the gunman thus saving the officers life.

Of course it never made the "Trump and Russia" level of reporting, but stories like this are out there if you really look for them.

Trooper shot in ‘ambush’ on Arizona highway; passerby fatally shoots suspect

I'm aware of that one, and you're right, it's only one of many.

M

Yes, I left out the word "not". I am getting old and senile but my heart is in the right place.

I only said something because that's the kind of mistakes regressives will quote and try to play got'cha with.

How about the freedom to not be gunned down by some crazy criminal who got a gun out of a vending machine ?

Can you provide evidence of said vending machine?

Well you preach that there should be no gun control . So then you would be in favor of guns out of vending machines ! Anything less would mean some sort of gun control was in place .
show me one person here who thinks that convicted felons should be able to buy guns legally

Are you kidding ? What the fuck do you think background checks are for? Most of you gun nuts are against them .

How does a background check stop a criminal from getting a gun...? Most criminals get their guns from a family member or girlfriend who can pass a background check......making background checks for criminals useless....

Bingo !

That's why guns should have "titles" like cars . But nooooooo the GOP doesn't want that .

Well you preach that there should be no gun control . So then you would be in favor of guns out of vending machines ! Anything less would mean some sort of gun control was in place .
show me one person here who thinks that convicted felons should be able to buy guns legally

Are you kidding ? What the fuck do you think background checks are for? Most of you gun nuts are against them .

How does a background check stop a criminal from getting a gun...? Most criminals get their guns from a family member or girlfriend who can pass a background check......making background checks for criminals useless....

Bingo !

That's why guns should have "titles" like cars . But nooooooo the GOP doesn't want that .
Are you stupid in the head or are you continually falling down the well.
Any form of firearm registration is 100% unconstitutional… Fact

I'll ask you. Do you think we should have control?

Absolutely.

You have no business picking up a gun if you can't control it.

Learn the features before loading it, especially the safety features. Sight it in, understand the range and recoil of the weapon.

A shooter must have control of the weapon.

Thanks for answering .Then the dispute is what controls .

I am not against gun ownership . I took the safety class , next step is to apply for my license .

Bingo !

How is that a fact ? How does registration stop a right to bear?

I'll ask you. Do you think we should have control?

Absolutely.

You have no business picking up a gun if you can't control it.

Learn the features before loading it, especially the safety features. Sight it in, understand the range and recoil of the weapon.

A shooter must have control of the weapon.
You sound like a fucking dip shit talking about stuff you have no understanding of. Now go hide - shit for brains

Bingo !

It's about control and confiscation, you cannot trust the federal government to do the right thing ever…

Bingo !

It's about control and confiscation, you cannot trust the federal government to do the right thing ever…

Then let the states do it .

Bingo !

That's what I've said all along… The federal government has no credibility and pretty much ignores the 10th amendment.

Bingo !

That's what I've said all along… The federal government has no credibility and pretty much ignores the 10th amendment.

Well if every state kept track of gun titles you'd be cool wh it ?

No, states would realize that type of bullshit does not fly and solves nothing…

Bingo !

It doesn't matter.......they report the gun stolen dip stick and guns in gangs get passed around so the end shooter is not the guy who originally got it from the relative......so knowing who the original owner is doesn't help anything.....since the actual shooter is not the original owner......

Why is that concept so hard for you...oh...that's right...you are a left wing nut job....

No.....the same way we wouldn't be cool if how you voted had to be disclosed......you have a Right to bear arms, the government doesn't get any say over that...

Bingo !

Because it leads to confiscation....as was done in Germany, France, Britain and Australia...it is not the governments business to know who owns a gun...

Bingo !

Do you realize that according to Haynes v. United States, convicted felons and other criminals do not have to register their illegal guns....it is unConstitutional...so the only people who would have to actually register their guns......are law abiding citizens.......so again...the registration of guns is pointless and stupid and unConstitutional...

Forum List

Back