The 2nd Amendment gives all citizens the right to"bear arms".

How do you constitutionally explain the regulations on Automatics? (they aren’t banned btw)
The Supreme Court is populated with political hacks rather than judges with principles.
That has nothing to do with my question. If you don’t think regulations on machine guns are constitutional then that would be your answer.
That has everything to do with it. Political hacks on the Supreme Court violate the Constitution on a daily basis. Regulations on machine guns are not constitutional.
How about children? Should 12 years old be able to pick up a machine gun at the local 7-11 after school? If no then why?
Children do not posses all the Constitutional rights that adults enjoy.
Well the right to bear arms is a god given right. Where in the constitution does it allow government to take that away from children?

That has nothing to do with my question. If you don’t think regulations on machine guns are constitutional then that would be your answer.
That has everything to do with it. Political hacks on the Supreme Court violate the Constitution on a daily basis. Regulations on machine guns are not constitutional.
How about children? Should 12 years old be able to pick up a machine gun at the local 7-11 after school? If no then why?
Lol
Shit happens, Frivolous gun control laws will not stop shit
Why can’t you just give a straight answer to a simple question?
Lol
What? Has political correctness made you fucking retarded
At least I can answer a question... talk about retarded. Get a mirror

The Supreme Court is populated with political hacks rather than judges with principles.
Well the right to bear arms is a god given right. Where in the constitution does it allow government to take that away from children?

Do you believe a fetus has the right to bear arms?

I’d be happy to answer your questions right after you answer mine.

The 2nd says NO infringement. So you’re ok with infringing on it?
The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law, as determined by the Supreme Court, including the Second Amendment.

Limits and restrictions on guns consistent with the Second Amendment are not 'infringement.'

Unless it affects numerous states and can overflow borders (see the 1934 National Firearms Act) then it's up to the States to use Due Process and pass laws to cover it. And that is where we are right now.

As or Universal Background Checks, when I can buy a gun (like an AR or even a handgun) one state over without as much as an ID with just the smile or snarl on my face and can go for a 4 minute drive to another state into their urban area then the Federal Government does have the right to pass a law making ALL gun sales to require Universal Background Checks and to make anyone caught violating that at least a class 4 Felony.
Lol
More frivolous gun control laws will not save a single soul… Live with it

It saved about 50 in California when that Combat Veteran Marine could only easily locate a handgun with low capacity mags. The mass shooting wasn't well thought out and was closer to off the cuff so not a whole lot of planning was put into it. With his skill sets, even with just a handgun, the cops had their hands full even armed with ARs themselves. And he killed one veteran cop who was armed and under cover who was dragged out by another cop that was wounded. He killed 12 and then himself. Imagine if he could have easily obtained an AR and 4 30 round mags. With his skill set, there would be a new body count record higher than the Las Vegas Shooter. Even if it saves only one life, the law is worth is. It's called Common Sense which you have very little of.
Lol
It’s impossible to be politically correct and have any common sense… You show that daily

What I show daily is that you are losing your battle as well you should. For you bunch of fruitcakes, you have your own style of PC and it's about as bad as the other sides PC. Meanwhile, the rest of us are going for the common sense approach which you have zero amount of. I made a prediction that when the guns reached saturation level things were going to change in the gun regulations arenas. It just happened a lot faster than I predicted. We are now at that point. If you want to walk around any town or city with your open carry (even if it's legal) the welcome you are going to receive will be that of panic. Look for the Open Carry to be ended quickly in many places once thought of safe havens for open carry guns. Enjoy the ride.

4a.jpg

Actually, we did.

I’d be happy to answer your questions right after you answer mine.
Come on Bri and Rust... the question isn’t complicated

How have they justified, Constitutionally, banning machine guns and the many other weapons of war that citizens cannot posses. And banning felons from possessing guns of any kind.
How do you constitutionally explain the regulations on Automatics? (they aren’t banned btw)

No, they are not full adults with all the Rights of an adult.... they can't drive, they can't drink, they do not have the capacity to make decisions because of their age.....

definition of arms
synonyms: weapons (of war), weaponry, firearms, guns, ordnance, cannon, artillery, armaments, munitions, instruments of war, war machines, military supplies, materiel
"arms and ammunition"

The states wanted to have the capability of having militias as a check on the Federal government.

Arms means all weapons of war the Federal government can have.

That is not happening in the 21st century. Since the 2nd amendment was written the majority of arms have been banned from possession by the citizens. We have restricted what citizens cannot have arms; felons.

Red tag laws, banning certain semi-automatic guns and background checks to own a gun is small time compared to the laws already on the books banning arms to be owned by citizens.
So do you believe in ANY limitations to American citizens owning firearms? Mental patients, children, etc. if so, how do you constitutionally justify it?
How have they justified, Constitutionally, banning machine guns and the many other weapons of war that citizens cannot posses. And banning felons from possessing guns of any kind.

The ban is unConstitutional.....it needs to be challenged in court.

No, they are not full adults with all the Rights of an adult.... they can't drive, they can't drink, they do not have the capacity to make decisions because of their age.....
I understand that. My question is where that is stated in the constitution?

definition of arms
synonyms: weapons (of war), weaponry, firearms, guns, ordnance, cannon, artillery, armaments, munitions, instruments of war, war machines, military supplies, materiel
"arms and ammunition"

The states wanted to have the capability of having militias as a check on the Federal government.

That is not happening in the 21st century. Since the 2nd amendment was written the majority of arms have been banned from possession by the citizens. We have restricted what citizens cannot have arms; felons.

Red tag laws, banning certain semi-automatic guns and background checks to own a gun is small time compared to the laws already on the books banning arms to be owned by citizens.
So do you believe in ANY limitations to American citizens owning firearms? Mental patients, children, etc. if so, how do you constitutionally justify it?

The ban is unConstitutional.....it needs to be challenged in court.
Well therein lies the debate. Either the right to bare arms shall not be infringed and all regulations are unconstitutional or states and legislators do legally have the ability to regulate firearms for reasons of public safety or any other constitutional clause that allows it.

I’ve said the auto Regs are unconstitutional... why?

In regards to background checks. Why is that allowed by the constitution?

Same for the question about children...

So we have a stupid lib who thinks we should sell guns to 5 year old kids.
The infringement that is illegal is not letting us own hand grenades and morter shells. We should have access to the same weapons used by the military.

So we have a stupid lib who thinks we should sell guns to 5 year old kids.
The infringement that is illegal is not letting us own hand grenades and morter shells. We should have access to the same weapons used by the military.
Are you having trouble understanding? Nowhere did I say we should sell guns to kids ya dumbass. I’m asking questions about the constitutionality of our gun regulations. If you can’t answer on the substance then don’t chime in.

Slade3200 is being a troll why do you bother responding?
I’m not trolling, I’m asking legit questions that Bri and Rust have avoided answering. 2guy gave a direct answer. I respect that

Lib please, do you work for CNN? :eusa_hand:
Still can’t answer huh? I’ll just keep asking. I’m not taking your troll bait

definition of arms
"arms and ammunition"

The Second Amendment doesn't 'give' anyone anything.

The Second Amendment right is inalienable.

Although inalienable, the right is not 'absolute.'

Government has the authority to place limits and restrictions on guns consistent with Second Amendment jurisprudence.

It is not a right to possess any weapon one wishes, to carry that weapon anywhere one wishes, in any manner one wishes.
Actually, yes it is. What part of "shall not be abridged" don't you understand?
What part of "The Second Amendment is not unlimited" do you not understand?

The Supreme Court determines what the Constitution means, including the Second Amendment.

To reject that fact is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

definition of arms
"arms and ammunition"

Its sort of silly to suggest that the 2nd Amendment gives the government the "right" to have an armed Army and Police force, a "well regulated militia". The government always had the right to have arms, even tyrannical governments like those of Ramses II, George III and Obama have been armed.

But it isn't about the Constitution,its about what's the best policy. Old timers can't defend themselves against armed criminals, even if those criminals don't have firearms. Suppose every gun were somehow confiscated from criminals, and a man with a knife comes up to a law abider on the street. How are your going to fight him, particularly if you are older?

definition of arms
"arms and ammunition"

The problem isn't guns.....it's the fact that we have too many stupid Satan-worshiping Bernie Sanders and Liz Warren fans wandering around the country shooting people because their leaders have been fomenting violence and hatred for over a year.

Forum List

Back