The 2nd Amendment gives all citizens the right to"bear arms".

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
definition of arms
synonyms: weapons (of war), weaponry, firearms, guns, ordnance, cannon, artillery, armaments, munitions, instruments of war, war machines, military supplies, materiel
"arms and ammunition"

The states wanted to have the capability of having militias as a check on the Federal government.

Arms means all weapons of war the Federal government can have.

That is not happening in the 21st century. Since the 2nd amendment was written the majority of arms have been banned from possession by the citizens. We have restricted what citizens cannot have arms; felons.

Red tag laws, banning certain semi-automatic guns and background checks to own a gun is small time compared to the laws already on the books banning arms to be owned by citizens.

The NRA was all for gun control back in the 60's to keep guns out of the blacks hands. Ronald Reagan past some laws in California making that state with some of the strictest of the times.

So NRA was for it before being against it. How hypocritical.

https://www.history.com/news/black-...VhDdJ6k8Lw-5z3ap30o92eJODgAXukQu_j3HiAuYuEZbk

In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s. This was part of an effort to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans as racial tensions in the nation grew. The NRA felt especially threatened by the Black Panthers, whose well-photographed carrying of weapons in public spaces was entirely legal in the state of California, where they were based.

Which is why I'm confused why the right wing doesn't support a drastic reduction is defense spending in order to bring back that check upon the federal government. Frankly their approach on this strikes as I would view a boxer who gave his opponent brass knuckles.

No the states do not, the states have the NG which is under the government, and they will never fight the government nor will the right wing militias, as they will lose.

I would just ban assault weapons including the semi automatic pistols, that would settle it. I also would ban all magazines that hold more than 10 bullets, and no more than one on a person or in a vehicle.

There wasn't even a state when the 2nd Amendment was wrote.

Wow, it's been a long time since this has been discussed. :eusa_doh:

The NRA was all for gun control back in the 60's to keep guns out of the blacks hands. Ronald Reagan past some laws in California making that state with some of the strictest of the times.

https://www.history.com/news/black-...VhDdJ6k8Lw-5z3ap30o92eJODgAXukQu_j3HiAuYuEZbk

In contrast to the NRA’s rigid opposition to gun control in today’s America, the organization fought alongside the government for stricter gun regulations in the 1960s. This was part of an effort to keep guns out of the hands of African-Americans as racial tensions in the nation grew. The NRA felt especially threatened by the Black Panthers, whose well-photographed carrying of weapons in public spaces was entirely legal in the state of California, where they were based.
/---/ "The NRA was all for gun control back in the 60's to keep guns out of the blacks hands"
What a lying sack of Hillary. You can't prove that. Just more of your gun grabbing BS.
The Untold History of Black NRA Gun Clubs + Civil Rights

I agree that Reagan and the NRA both seriously fuck up and I will never forgive either.

Which is why I'm confused why the right wing doesn't support a drastic reduction is defense spending in order to bring back that check upon the federal government. Frankly their approach on this strikes as I would view a boxer who gave his opponent brass knuckles.
BINGO

Amen. Preach brother.

No the states do not, the states have the NG which is under the government, and they will never fight the government nor will the right wing militias, as they will lose.

I would just ban assault weapons including the semi automatic pistols, that would settle it. I also would ban all magazines that hold more than 10 bullets, and no more than one on a person or in a vehicle.

Moron!

definition of arms
synonyms: weapons (of war), weaponry, firearms, guns, ordnance, cannon, artillery, armaments, munitions, instruments of war, war machines, military supplies, materiel
"arms and ammunition"

The states wanted to have the capability of having militias as a check on the Federal government.

That is not happening in the 21st century. Since the 2nd amendment was written the majority of arms have been banned from possession by the citizens. We have restricted what citizens cannot have arms; felons.

Red tag laws, banning certain semi-automatic guns and background checks to own a gun is small time compared to the laws already on the books banning arms to be owned by citizens.
Where those militias at Elmer?

Not familiar with the concept of "boots on the ground" are you?

Your bans are already deemed unconstitutional because those items are in common use.

definition of arms
"arms and ammunition"

Umm...where did you get only citizens have this right?

Given the kooks who kill with firearms, would you fly if these same monsters had access to surface to air missiles?

Would you take family to a food fair if these same monsters had access to anti personnel grenades?

/---/ "The NRA was all for gun control back in the 60's to keep guns out of the blacks hands"
What a lying sack of Hillary. You can't prove that. Just more of your gun grabbing BS.

So Hillary had something to do with the history channel. I just shared this so you'd all know I didn't expect some dumb fuck to dispute history, but you did. Why don't you check it out einstein since you think you know it all. I don't care what they do with gun control just showing how hypocritical you and the ilk are.

So Hillary had something to do with the history channel. I just shared this so you'd all know I didn't expect some dumb fuck to dispute history, but you did. Why don't you check it out einstein since you think you know it all. I don't care what they do with gun control just showing how hypocritical you and the ilk are.
/—-/ Because saying a lying sack of Hillary is more accurate than saying a lying sack of shit.

definition of arms
"arms and ammunition"

Lol
Most every firearm is a semi automatic you stupid motherfucker

67893608_3090728487635565_6420598103153311744_o.jpg

Trump thinks all the problems facing mankind can be solved with rhetoric. Today, Trump went to a great deal of trouble to convince his base that, when it comes to meaningful background checks to eliminate all the loopholes, he really means it. Of course, everyone else did not believe him because they have heard all this before and, in some cases, they knew he was outright lying.

In 2013, Trump said he supported background checks for gun purchases to “weed out the sickos.” Two years later, he flip-flopped and said he opposed expanded checks.

In late February the White House issued a statement warning that Trump would veto proposed legislation to enhance background checks for gun purchases if it passes the House and Senate.

In 2018 Trump, after the high school shooting in Parkland, Fla., insisted that stronger checks would be “fully backed” by the White House. But that position only lasted a few days. After a late-night meeting with the National Rifle Association in the Oval Office Trump backed down and nothing happened.

On Friday, in the wake of massacres in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio, Trump presented himself now as a deal-maker eager to bring Democrats and Republicans together behind tougher background checks. Please, no one laugh. This is serious.

On the way to his golf club in Bedminster, N.J. Trump said Friday that there was “tremendous” support for “really common-sense sensible, important background checks” even as the NRA. and gun rights supporters vowed to oppose them. The Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, was “on board,” Trump said.

Trump was lying.

In a written statement issued Thursday, Wayne LaPier, NRA's CEO, said none of the gun control proposals being discussed would have prevented the most recent attacks. “Worse, they would make millions of law abiding Americans less safe and less able to defend themselves and their loved ones,” the statement said. He described many of the proposals as “soundbite solutions” that “fail to address the root of the problem, confront criminal behavior or make our communities safer.”

That doesn't sound like the NRA is onboard.

Neither is McConnell. With some skepticism as to how this will play out, he expressed a willingness to consider a measure expanding background checks for all gun purchasers, saying it will be “front and center” in a coming Senate debate on how to respond to gun violence. There is nothing new here. The House passed a universal background check bill in February. So, what McConnell is saying has been true for months. He is just buying time, knowing this will blow over and grassroots Republicans want nothing to do with the Democratic bill. It matters little what Trump says.

“There’s never been a president like President Trump,” Trump said as he left for a 10-day vacation.

Stop that! No one should laugh.

This source helped me with this report: Past Flip-Flops Cloud Trump’s Position on Background Checks

Lol
The military is overwhelmingly pro second amendment they would never go against their own you stupid ass motherfucker....

Forum List

Back