the 10 most dangerous dog breeds

Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
this is only based on stats for fatal attacks and other bites:

The 10 Most Dangerous Dog Breeds

7. Doberman Pinscher – Known to be one of the most aggressive breed of dogs ever, the Doberman Pinscher was one of the most recognizable dog breeds as they were used extensively as guard dogs. Dobermans accounted for 9 fatalities in the study but most deaths were caused in defense of their owners. This is a great, loyal dog.

i love dobermans and have had one for over 30 years...no, not the same one....

they are wonderful dogs.....i dont find mine to be aggressive unless momma isnt happy..

thor is simply a big baby.....he is a total love bug

i always love the pics of dobermans in action...here is thor...90% of the day

Dobermans were getting such a bad reputation for aggression that the breeders started breeding the aggression out. They have been largely successfull. The Doberman of today isn't like the Dobie of the past. Hopefully they will still protect their people.

I'm a big GSD fan. I've had them all my life and I know there are ill breed dogs out there. Dogs who are unsafe to be around anyone but their people. Not good.

Every GSD I've ever had would defend me with the last breath in their bodies. These same dogs would never just bite someone. That someone had to be a threat to me.

Unfortunately there are loads of dogs, all breeds, out there who are aggressive. Everyone needs to be on guard around dogs they don't know. I know I am.

Love your dogs bones. Looks like they got it rough. LOL

7. Doberman Pinscher – Known to be one of the most aggressive breed of dogs ever, the Doberman Pinscher was one of the most recognizable dog breeds as they were used extensively as guard dogs. Dobermans accounted for 9 fatalities in the study but most deaths were caused in defense of their owners. This is a great, loyal dog.

they are wonderful dogs.....i dont find mine to be aggressive unless momma isnt happy..

nice..whos the chunky one?

I think this thread should be entitled 'The 10 Most Dangerous Dog Owners'.
I've had several dobermans, and they are gentle but highly protective family dogs.
Overly aggressive dogs are usually associated with cruel and abusive 'masters'.
With a dog, you get what you've invested in it, as far as care, love and training are concerned.

nice..whos the chunky one?

hey now ....he is just big boned....that is buddy....buddy is my 'little dog' coming in at 50 lbs...he is a little monster

we adopted buddy a couple of years ago....he was suppose to be a small dog....lol...i wanted a small dog and when i saw he was not a small dog i just couldnt hold it against him...

8. Chow Chow – according to the study the Chow Chow has been responsible for eight fatalities. The Chow Chow does have an aggressive personality, especially around strangers and other pets. Again however, this has to do with ownership and not always a genetic problem of the dog.

we have been blessed with ringo for 10 years now chows fall into

the ancient dog breed area

they are not for everyone you have to understand what makes then tick

we have had three other chows in the past 20 years

they all have been great fur kids

o how funny...chows are one of my least favorite breeds....just give me a hint...a small growl....a wee bark before you nail me....a chow normally wont growl or bark....but chow owners love their mutts just like doberman owners...

and yes dobermans with the onset of the bigger nastier breeds have been breed to be more of the family pet and protector...plus they were getting rid of some genetic issues..unfortunately that was done better in europe than here...they are still highly protective of their alpha male and anything they perceive as being their alpha males..which in a pack is everything....mine is well trained....and has a good sense about him....just has this one major fault...if someone runs...he chases....and sometimes that causes him to put people back in their cars...our land is marked as is the drive way.....no trespassing...simple as that....if you are suppose to be here....then my dogs know you or more importantly you know my dogs...

o how funny...chows are one of my least favorite breeds....just give me a hint...a small growl....a wee bark before you nail me....a chow normally wont growl or bark....but chow owners love their mutts just like doberman owners...

and yes dobermans with the onset of the bigger nastier breeds have been breed to be more of the family pet and protector...plus they were getting rid of some genetic issues..unfortunately that was done better in europe than here...they are still highly protective of their alpha male and anything they perceive as being their alpha males..which in a pack is everything....mine is well trained....and has a good sense about him....just has this one major fault...if someone runs...he chases....and sometimes that causes him to put people back in their cars...our land is marked as is the drive way.....no trespassing...simple as that....if you are suppose to be here....then my dogs know you or more importantly you know my dogs...

ringo has been a good judge of character

pretty friendly with new people just loves her peoples

she like to patrol the yard when outside

likes to patrol the house when in side

always on the watch

not the sharpest tool in the box however

she loves to bark at the doorbell

even when she is outside and watches

me push the doorbell button

--LOL

they are the cutest puppies.....i will admit that....

that they are chows are unusual around here

i have had many people ask me what is up

with the black tongue

ringo however has a red dot in the center of hers

because when she was a pupply she pulled at a towel

on the oven handle and the oven door came down on her head

and she bit a hole through her tongue

ahhh the smart dogs.....thor understands a lot of words..including 'asshole' that is what he gets called when he gets in the trash....he is not allowed on the furniture....we have a ghost however...when you come down the hall in the am...the recliner is rocking...on its very own

ahhh the smart dogs.....thor understands a lot of words..including 'asshole' that is what he gets called when he gets in the trash....he is not allowed on the furniture....we have a ghost however...when you come down the hall in the am...the recliner is rocking...on its very own

--LOL

she does know many words and short sentences

"treats"she wakes up from a dead sleep
outside/inside
"who is it"
"where is mom"
"where is dad"
"go for a ride"
"bath" runs and hides
"the cat is in your food"
"cheese and meatstick"

Love my Dobermans! Can't imagine them killing anyone unless the person needed killing.

I did have one coworker from Eastern Europe who told me that over there people do not keep Dobermans as pets. They are working dogs. Guard dogs. And I guess they have kept the breed "hotter" (more aggressive) in Germany and the rest of Europe than the American Doberman had become.

Of course, here's my Greta when she's not in such a good mood, LOL.

Does she scare me? Not a bit. But I do use a little common sense if she's acting like this (she's usually guarding a stolen shoe, or something like that). Although I have walked up and stuck my hand in her mouth when she's doing this and she WILL NOT bite me. I've also taken the item she's guarding away and then she gets all sheepish and comes up wagging her little tail and licking my hand. :) It's all an act, the snarling. But the first time she did it, when she was about 10 months old, it scared the crap out of me! LOL But I got over it quickly, alpha's can't be scaredy cats!

My other doberman, Hannah, doesn't do this at all.

Last edited:
4. Husky – With a total of 15 fatalities linked to Huskies in the study conducted, they are definitely known to be aggressive, but this has been linked to poor training/obedience issues as Huskies rate as one of the most intelligent canines in the world

BullCrap!. My husky is almost 10 years old and gentle. Huskies are highly intelligent and if they bite you it will be because you are abusing them. If they are known to be aggressive it is because of the way they are raised.

My brother adopted a Doberman mix puppy named Sadie who's the same age as his daughter (now 2).

She's a sweetheart and completely adorable, but gets upset if I'm standing up - I'm a foot taller than my brother, his wife, or anyone else that Sadie sees on a regular basis.

4. Husky – With a total of 15 fatalities linked to Huskies in the study conducted, they are definitely known to be aggressive, but this has been linked to poor training/obedience issues as Huskies rate as one of the most intelligent canines in the world

BullCrap!. My husky is almost 10 years old and gentle. Huskies are highly intelligent and if they bite you it will be because you are abusing them. If they are known to be aggressive it is because of the way they are raised.

I don't have any dogs at the moment, because I live in a small apartment. But when I'm done with the city, and move to my house in the country, I plan on getting huskies.

They've been one of my favorite types of dog since I was an infant and our next-door neighbor had one.

Forum List

Back