That's it.

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I've had it. The check engine light has come on again. Something is hanging down underneath the car and that cannot be good. I am off to purchase another vehicle.

I will have to learn how to drive without a contingency plan. So, I thought that I should let you know about the Road Rule Change that goes into effect today.

I am on the road; therefore, I own the road.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Further, I needed a theme song for day and the one in my head is this:

The only words that I remember are "head out on the highway". Really.

Thanks! As long as I remember the first verse then I will not drive myself insane getting there.

It beats nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh
head out on the high way
nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh :biggrin:

I've had it. The check engine light has come on again. Something is hanging down underneath the car and that cannot be good. I am off to purchase another vehicle.

I will have to learn how to drive without a contingency plan. So, I thought that I should let you know about the Road Rule Change that goes into effect today.

Good luck to you Disir!

Awesome tune anyway! :razz:

beatles baby you can drive my car youtube video - Bing Videos

Last edited:

I thought you tended to be liberal and against global warming and pollution and all that?

I thought you tended to be liberal and against global warming and pollution and all that?

I am a liberal. I have an eco mode for city traveling. And another button for not city traveling.

I am a liberal. I have an eco mode for city traveling. And another button for not city traveling.

Well, just because your "check engine light" goes on again, and there is something hanging down from the car, that is no reason to get rid of your car. That is the worst kind of consumer culture and the worst contribution to destroying the planet, you do know that, right?

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Not throw away and get a new one. No where is this more important than the area of cars. If your car is anything less than fifteen years old, and you are liberal and going out to get a new one? Chances are, you only talk the talk and don't know what you are going on about.

Planned obsolesce and all that. Folks that constantly buy new cars b/c of little quirks are the ones that drive my auto mechanic nuts.

Did you know that the newer the model of vehicle, the more rare elements it possesses? This makes newer models more of a harm to the world economy. Both for their disposal, and for their production.

Who do you think mines and gathers those rare elements? Who do you think reclaims and recycles them? And if they aren't reclaimed, where do you think they go? What happens to them? Whose water and soil do you think they pollute? The harm done by the disposal of a 2000 Mustang is of far worse consequence than any CO2 belched out by repairing and keeping in service a 1965 Mustang, my auto-mechanic assures me of that.

Do us all a favor, get your car repaired. Don't put pressure on the world economy to make more cars, and harvest more resources thereby destroying the planet even further. We can debate global warming till we are both blue in the face, that is hypothetical, it isn't a fact.

However, we can SEE them digging up the Earth for resource extraction to make your new car.

Engine light is on? Something is hanging down?

I am willing to bet you have a super simple easy fix. Depending on the make and model of your car, and whether or not your Catalytic Converter is still good, it should be pretty simple.

I'm willing to bet you live in a State with pretty bad roads. The piece that connects the Catalytic Converter to the rest of the exhaust has gone. It's no biggie. You don't even need it. You could keep driving and not even notice a difference. You might even have more power in your engine now. If you live in California and get an emissions check, you'll be screwed though. lol

I am willing to bet you have a super simple easy fix. Depending on the make and model of your car, and whether or not your Catalytic Converter is still good, it should be pretty simple.

I'm willing to bet you live in a State with pretty bad roads. The piece that connects the Catalytic Converter to the rest of the exhaust has gone. It's no biggie. You don't even need it. You could keep driving and not even notice a difference. You might even have more power in your engine now. If you live in California and get an emissions check, you'll be screwed though. lol

I just had it replaced. In fact, I have spent the last two years replacing part after part after part.

But, hey thanks-so-much for the advice.

I just had it replaced. In fact, I have spent the last two years replacing part after part after part.

I will never lead you astray.

Buy new, three strikes it's out, buy new again.

If you can't trust your car, or me, who can you trust?

Never give a car a fourth time to let you down.

These are not the cars of yesteryear where one could actually fix some of it yourself. Now you have to figure out who is not going jack you around to fix it.

These are not the cars of yesteryear where one could actually fix some of it yourself. Now you have to figure out who is not going jack you around to fix it.

Everything has to be hooked up to a diagnostics machine when I would go to the mechanic for my Infiniti. Glad I got rid of that car. It was gorgeous and a really great car, but a money pit. Parts were SUPER expensive and I would have to go around, and not all of the smaller mechanics would have the diagnostics machine. I was sad to trade that car in, but after I paid $100 for a light bulb, that was the last straw for me! :rolleyes-41:

Everything has to be hooked up to a diagnostics machine when I would go to the mechanic for my Infiniti. Glad I got rid of that car. It was gorgeous and a really great car, but a money pit. Parts were SUPER expensive and I would have to go around, and not all of the smaller mechanics would have the diagnostics machine. I was sad to trade that car in, but after I paid $100 for a light bulb, that was the last straw for me! :rolleyes-41:

Oh, jeeze.

That's a shame.

Oh, jeeze.

That's a shame.

Yeah, it was a really nice car. Leather interior, heated seats, nice stereo, sun roof, tinted windows. God, I miss that car. Oh well, I guess it was a rich person's car. Too expensive for me to keep up with. Lol! :D

Anyway, good luck to you with your car!

had a tail light out the other day

went into the local car parts store

ordered the part

the guy rang it up

a $1.05 i about fell over

you better check that again

no sir it is only a dollar five

--LOL

had a tail light out the other day

went into the local car parts store

ordered the part

the guy rang it up

a $1.05 i about fell over

you better check that again

no sir it is only a dollar five

--LOL

I don't know why the parts are so expensive for the Infiniti. Every time something when wrong with that car, I would be like, oh no! Lol. Now, I have a Chevy Impala. It's newer than my Infiniti was, but it's not nearly as nice. The inside of this car is so cheap. I think everything is just cheap plastic.

Forum List

Back