That is right, Jewish Americans, common core is insinuating the holocaust is a myth.

Common Core is not insinuating anything. The assignment is simply to teach critical thinking, research and attempting to put forth a well constructed argument. It could just as easily have picked another conspiracy theory like the JFK assassination.

I do despise Common Core and will fight it tooth and nail, but however I feel about Common Core, it doesn't mean every assignment in it is some kind of conspiracy.

It's a fact that children aren't taught that history is revised and rewritten to fit prescribed narratives and agendas and having been a victim of public education, I can say that critical thinking skills aren't being taught. If education is nothing more than indoctrination than who's to say that the school's indoctrination is any better than that of White Supremist Nazi groups? Teaching children to find the truth themselves instead of blindly accepting what they're told is true education.

Like Navyvet, I have no problem with this particular assignment.
Project much?

Do you ever fire up another brain cell and post more than brainless one liners? Maybe the agenda with this assignment is to prevent children from thinking in tiny little circles like you do.
Are you always a Darwin social pessimist?

Common Core is not insinuating anything. The assignment is simply to teach critical thinking, research and attempting to put forth a well constructed argument. It could just as easily have picked another conspiracy theory like the JFK assassination.

I do despise Common Core and will fight it tooth and nail, but however I feel about Common Core, it doesn't mean every assignment in it is some kind of conspiracy.

It's a fact that children aren't taught that history is revised and rewritten to fit prescribed narratives and agendas and having been a victim of public education, I can say that critical thinking skills aren't being taught. If education is nothing more than indoctrination than who's to say that the school's indoctrination is any better than that of White Supremist Nazi groups? Teaching children to find the truth themselves instead of blindly accepting what they're told is true education.

Project much?

Do you ever fire up another brain cell and post more than brainless one liners? Maybe the agenda with this assignment is to prevent children from thinking in tiny little circles like you do.

Are you like Bart Simpson...never growing up?

I wonder is commie core will ever "assign" students to do an 18 page paper on the following topics. I mean, since they are all about "debate" and not about pushing left wing commie propaganda.

1. Will they ever have their students do a paper on the true way the transatlantic slave trade started and who started it?

2. Will they ever assign their students to do a long paper on Roger Baldwin and the ACLU's goal to make America into a communist country and how influenced he was by Emma Goldman and her communist views?

3. Will commie core ever have their students do a long paper on the fact that McCarthy was actually vindicated after the Venona papers were revealed after the left wing commie paradise USSR fell and ex KGB agents confirmed that there were indeed American communists in the media, Hollywood, and in politics?

4. Will commie core ever have their students do an 18 page paper on the myths of man made global warming and how it is a money making scam that has generated billion dollar revenue streams in form of taxes and ridiculous regulations that flow into governments?

Fucking left wing pigs always talk about debate or freedom of expression. They are all so full of shit. Really about everything. They are hypocrites about everything. Brainwashed about everything.

They cannot see how this type of bullshit that they assign their little students is about shaping their minds and it is indeed propaganda.

Fuck you liberals. I see through ALL of your shit.

Coyote, Moonglow and NyC have all supported this, certainly, but until some actual liberals check in, shouldn't you reserve judgement?

Still pretending to be a liberal are you?

What's wrong with teaching critical thinking and research? Conspiracy theories abound and are spread more easily and widely then ever before. Kids need to know how to research and support their positions instead of blindly believing.
These guys I guess, these fellows have never had debate in school, or theater production....No ability to reason the pro and con....

Project much?

he is nothing more than the village idiot-----have some
patience------he does no harm

Project much?

Are you like Bart Simpson...never growing up?
Sure man...I was grown up once, it was no fun....

I wonder is commie core will ever "assign" students to do an 18 page paper on the following topics. I mean, since they are all about "debate" and not about pushing left wing commie propaganda.

1. Will they ever have their students do a paper on the true way the transatlantic slave trade started and who started it?

2. Will they ever assign their students to do a long paper on Roger Baldwin and the ACLU's goal to make America into a communist country and how influenced he was by Emma Goldman and her communist views?

3. Will commie core ever have their students do a long paper on the fact that McCarthy was actually vindicated after the Venona papers were revealed after the left wing commie paradise USSR fell and ex KGB agents confirmed that there were indeed American communists in the media, Hollywood, and in politics?

4. Will commie core ever have their students do an 18 page paper on the myths of man made global warming and how it is a money making scam that has generated billion dollar revenue streams in form of taxes and ridiculous regulations that flow into governments?

Fucking left wing pigs always talk about debate or freedom of expression. They are all so full of shit. Really about everything. They are hypocrites about everything. Brainwashed about everything.

They cannot see how this type of bullshit that they assign their little students is about shaping their minds and it is indeed propaganda.

Coyote, Moonglow and NyC have all supported this, certainly, but until some actual liberals check in, shouldn't you reserve judgement?

What's wrong with teaching critical thinking and research? Conspiracy theories abound and are spread more easily and widely then ever before. Kids need to know how to research and support their positions instead of blindly believing.

And yet you tell us man made global warming is a fact. Don't you? Unless you think is not a fact. I will say this, if you believe it is not a fact, then you are truly open minded as you boast you are.

Of course that would not be the left wing stance, who claim those who do not think it is a fact are knuckle dragging hicks.

Cause the left are always so tolerant and "open minded."

The hypocritical bandwagon of liberals just keeps rolling, doesn't it?

Project much?

he is nothing more than the village idiot-----have some
patience------he does no harm
Says the player of scum ...

no problem with this one? How about these
You can guarantee any thread on here with the words "common core" in the title will be full of lies. this one does not break the mould

I have a firm belief that when one posts----FULL OF LIES----
that at the very least that person mention---to which "lies"
he refers. That "full of lies" accusation is meaningless.
Can you cite at least three lies in the post to which you refer?
The big one here is the thread title. This assignment was meant to teach common core critical thinking skills, however the subject of tbe assignment itself is a product of the school.

Do you understand? Common core says a student should be able to find and read sources and build an argument from them. So coke better than pepsi, football better than soccer, whatever. Common core doesn't care about the subject

the sources would be holocaust denial----which has been an
islamo Nazi cause since the 1930s. There is extensive islamo Nazi brain washing shit on this very subject----and not
nearly enough on-------"the first entirely comprehensive genocide in history was committed by muhummad----the founder of a creed that has gone on to incessant genocide
over the 1400 years of its existence"-----<<< that would be
a good subject

This isn't even about Muslims Rosie. Do you have to make everything about Muslims?

Don't you think kids should learn HOW to think critically and how to evaluate their sources well? That's what these sorts of assignments do. I've had similar assignments years ago. I've also had assignments where I've had to take the opposite point of view and make an argument for it. It teaches good skills because it teaches you to think instead of just blindly memorize. It teaches them (hopefully) to arrive at a position more logically or - find that their original position doesn't stand once they've done the research. We need to do this more.

And yet you tell us man made global warming is a fact. Don't you? Unless you think is not a fact. I will say this, if you believe it is not a fact, then you are truly open minded as you boast you are.

Of course that would not be the left wing stance, who claim those who do not think it is a fact are knuckle dragging hicks.

I haven't "told you" anything about global warming. The Holocaust is a good topic because there is a huge body of documentation from which to research.

So, again - what's wrong with teaching critical thinking? You seem to have issues with it. Perhaps you did not do well in that assignment.

Children should be taught critical thinking skills, true, but those of us who have actually developed their own critical thinking skills realize that assigning hate sites to 8th graders is an act of legitimization, and demanding they reference these sites in their papers goes beyond the pale. Yes, by all means, lets indulge in yet more drivel about sneaky Jews conniving in their secretive ways to manufacture a holocaust that didn't happen so they can manipulate people into doing their bidding. Gee -- where have we heard THAT one before?

Now, as a creature that has defended those who call for the extermination of Jews, you are certainly in no position to speak of critical thinking as your ethnic hatred here has blinded you to the realities of the implications of this assignment on young minds, but for anybody who IS capable of such, I would once again ask them to consider the reaction to a school district assigning a similar assignment that referenced black welfare cheats too lazy to work and too stupid to compete inventing slavery as an excuse for their failure.

I mean, since these sorts of ethnic stereotypes are just fine and dandy with you, right? .

You can guarantee any thread on here with the words "common core" in the title will be full of lies. this one does not break the mould

The big one here is the thread title. This assignment was meant to teach common core critical thinking skills, however the subject of tbe assignment itself is a product of the school.

Do you understand? Common core says a student should be able to find and read sources and build an argument from them. So coke better than pepsi, football better than soccer, whatever. Common core doesn't care about the subject

islamo Nazi cause since the 1930s. There is extensive islamo Nazi brain washing shit on this very subject----and not
nearly enough on-------"the first entirely comprehensive genocide in history was committed by muhummad----the founder of a creed that has gone on to incessant genocide
a good subject

I am a tireless defender of Jews, Israel, and the truth about what happened when Jews were singled out and systematically murdered by the millions. U.S. troops took extensive video footage of the carnage to record for posterity so never could it be denied what happened and who did it. I'm confident in my ability to take apart propaganda designed to deny the holocaust or mitigate its numbers. My critical thinking skills give rise to that confidence, and I don't have to curse the darkness. This is the point.

I teach critical thinking skills to my own children with our own home based education curriculum. We explore lots of controversial topics and we never are afraid to see both sides of an argument.

Children should be taught critical thinking skills, true, but those of us who have actually developed their own critical thinking skills realize that assigning hate sites to 8th graders is an act of legitimization, and demanding they reference these sites in their papers goes beyond the pale. Yes, by all means, lets indulge in yet more drivel about sneaky Jews conniving in their secretive ways to manufacture a holocaust that didn't happen so they can manipulate people into doing their bidding. Gee -- where have we heard THAT one before?

Now, as a creature that has defended those who call for the extermination of Jews, you are certainly in no position to speak of critical thinking as your ethnic hatred here has blinded you to the realities of the implications of this assignment on young minds, but for anybody who IS capable of such, I would once again ask them to consider the reaction to a school district assigning a similar assignment that referenced black welfare cheats too lazy to work and too stupid to compete inventing slavery as an excuse for their failure.

I mean, since these sorts of ethnic stereotypes are just fine and dandy with you, right? .

Kids are going to have to learn to deal with propaganda someday, and sooner better than later. I disagree that shielding them from it keeps them safe. It's a fact that 17-25 year olds are very susceptible to being radicalized by Neo Nazi groups and there's no surprise. In most cases, it's the very first time they were exposed to it and they never were taught critical thinking skills. And now that these groups use the internet, it's virtually guaranteed that kids are going to come across it at some point. Teaching them to defend against it should be a priority and a vital part of their education.

a good subject

This isn't even about Muslims Rosie. Do you have to make everything about Muslims?

Don't you think kids should learn HOW to think critically and how to evaluate their sources well? That's what these sorts of assignments do. I've had similar assignments years ago. I've also had assignments where I've had to take the opposite point of view and make an argument for it. It teaches good skills because it teaches you to think instead of just blindly memorize. It teaches them (hopefully) to arrive at a position more logically or - find that their original position doesn't stand once they've done the research. We need to do this more.

You are getting hysterical------I agree----a critical evaluation of the extensive genocides committed ----by muslims at the behest of the founder of their religion and the ONGOING
program is a very good idea. Long ago my mom told me
about the Armenian genocide-------I was only about 7. She did not tell me that genocide was committed by muslims---
which is fine with me. I just knew it to be evil. I later
discovered ----in my twenties that I was just about the
only one around who knew about the event ----it was still evil.
Is it wrong that children know about the many genocides
committed by muslims ---especially in view of "current events"? -----eighth grade students are something like 13
years old------a bit young for a study in genocide but maybe you are right------a deep delve into the BIAFRAN GENOCIDE would be nice in view of the current "boko haram"-----how
many 13 year old kids do you think know about that one?
I can answer that question with a guess-----probably less than
10% How about the genocide of bangla deshi hindus?---
muslims I have encountered denied that one too

Did you know that you as American taxpayers foot $54 million a year for operational costs of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, a PRIVATE museum?
That seems high. Its a nice museum, but $54 million? Im skeptical

I haven't "told you" anything about global warming. The Holocaust is a good topic because there is a huge body of documentation from which to research.

So, again - what's wrong with teaching critical thinking? You seem to have issues with it. Perhaps you did not do well in that assignment.

Yeah, you missed the point. There is no such thing as a left wing socialist scumbag that is interested in an actual open debate. Not about ANY subject. The most intolerant arrogant bloviated piles of shit is every last person on the left about EVERY subject.

Whether it be about this subject or any other.

If any "open minded" teacher ever put forth an assignment that about the transatlantic slave trade being started by African war lords, then the entire left would be up in arms. Hands across America.

You mean to tell me you did not get the point? I am shocked.

Did you know that you as American taxpayers foot $54 million a year for operational costs of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, a PRIVATE museum?

so?-----homeland security which concentrates on Islamic
terrorism in just the state of New York costs more than
that

That seems high. Its a nice museum, but $54 million? Im skeptical

it depends on how you gerrymander the stats. I read
islamo Nazi shit before I reached the age of ten (long ago)
----at that time they managed to calculate any money
jews donated to support schools and hospitals in Israel as a
COST TO THE AMERICAN TAXPAYER too-------

Not necessarily. If it occurs in a vacuum, there are problems but these sort of assignments include class discussions and the key statement leading into the assignment is this: When tragic events occur in history, there is often debate about their actual existence.

8th Graders are old enough to learn to think critically about these things. They are already exposed to everything on the internet - they need to learn how to weed through it, assess the sources and rebutt counter claims. What often happens when you take the weaker position (Holohoax) you find it is difficult to support and that is a good lesson to learn.

Would you be outraged if they chose another topic, such as Serbian genocide in Bosnia or the JFK assassination? Unlike the Holocaust, there is less of a "hoaxer" contingent and a much smaller body of well established material to work from. Given that there is a disgustingly strong Holocaust-hoax element on the internet (since anyone can print anything and reach everyone) this is a good topic to take on. They are going to be confronted with it eventually.

Coming from a creature who has defended those who call for the extermination of Palestinians (see - I can distort your position too!) - I find you quite laughable (in a pathetic sort of way).

You come up with the most stupid examples: the reaction to a school district assigning a similar assignment that referenced black welfare cheats too lazy to work and too stupid to compete inventing slavery as an excuse for their failure

First off - that is a completely subjective topic. Unlike the Holocaust there is not a big body of objective or historical evidence to support this any position on this - it's all opinion. Could it be a good assignment? Maybe but highly unlikely.

Why are you so afraid of teaching students to critically think? You just want them to learn to blindly follow whatever prevailing propaganda they come across?

Project much?

So the Holocaust is nothing more than a conspiracy theory?

Forum List

Back