Thanks to liberal stupidity - rolling blackouts across Texas

The red state texans took the cheapest bid, and their belief that human influence on climate change is a hoax, let their denial rule, so no provisions for severe weather were included.
Thats idiocy.

you are just spouting bullshit

it you may not be entirely wrong since it appears that most of the busted windmills were made in joe biden‘s favorite country - china

and a new Ice Age was never predicted by the all-knowing Al Gore or the brain damaged Greta Thunberg

they told us to expect burning heat waves and only changed the story when doomsday failed to show up as predicted
As usual you cherry pick and haven't a clue about climate science. You talk about Biden and say his favorite country is China, I say you're full of it. You demean Greta Thunberg and also Al Gore. Your a pretentious idiot who doesn't know when he's fighting a losing cause because as I've said before it's not a conservative or liberal issue.
Can you tell me which of Al Gore's doomsday prophesies have come true?

Because by my count, it's zero.
Like Mac-7 you cherry pick and don't answer my reply in full only the part that you can say is false. I said he disparaged both Gore and Thunberg and called China Biden's favorite country with no proof. I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true but I believe that the majority of the climate scientist believe Global Warming is happening. Since I'm a pragmatist I'll err on the side of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Do you really believe this is a liberal or conservative based problem as preface to this implies, I don't and in my other post I think I get my point accross.
Yeah. Can you tell me which of Al Gore's doomsday prophesies have come true?
If you'll learn to read the post carefully you'll find "I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true"
So why do you think he's worth listening to?
If you followed my replies you will find that I said that I didn't say he was worth listening to. I did reply that I thought that Mac-7 was demeaning to both Thunberg and Gore. I've already said that since the majority of climate scientist believe in global warming, I'll err on the side of the climate scientist because, an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
The majority of climate scientists believe in global warming because that's where the money is.

It's not science when the outcome is predetermined and serves political ends.
Your reply smacks of your opinion and with no proof what so ever. Just so you don't forget, this is not a liberal versus conservative problem. It could be "my opinion" a capitalistic one though.
The Environmental Forum is full of proof of climate "science" being a political ploy.

Don't read it if you're not prepared to have your beliefs challenged, though.
A link to relevant information would've been appreciated and I would read it. However as I said I'm a pragmatist and if climate scientists are wrong about Global Warming so be it. If there right it would be prudent to take some proactive measures to combat it. Unfortunately or fortunately for me I'll be 81 in April and live at 2000 feet elevation so I'm not worried about coastal flooding etc. Unfortunately for you, you go through life looking for things that always support your point of view and block out things that your opposed to. A sad way to go through life.

The fact that millionaire and billionaire environmentalists are buying mansions on beach fronts across the country shows they know global warming is a scam........
Who are these millionaire and billionaire environmentalist that are buying mansions on beach fronts across the country. If they are then I don't think they are environmentalists just not very proactive or smart. Now if they are my age 81 in April maybe they feel that for them they will be long gone before the crisis hits or believe that proactive measure to reduce our carbon footprint on this planet will save the day.
Odd how you never hear about them selling their mansions and moving to smaller places, isn't it?

You're being manipulated.
I'm replying to let you know, you never get the point and there is no one so blind as one who can't see.
You're almost right -- there is no one so blind as he who refuses to see.

I repeat: You're being manipulated.
I'm not being manipulated and you are so hyped to prove a non existent point that in your next piece of bullshit you blame Democrats in Austin for closing a biomass plant when the whole grid is run by the state which I know has a republican governor. Wake up, the problem isn't Global warming or oil, coal. The problem is simply capitalism and if you can't see that then your hopeless.
Ahhh. So you're a Communist.

Dismissed.
If I had to choose being hopeless like you or a communist, I'd choose neither because being hopeless is downright sad and being a communist can't work because the same as capitalism too many people have what I call the greed gene.

Goodbye

The red state texans took the cheapest bid, and their belief that human influence on climate change is a hoax, let their denial rule, so no provisions for severe weather were included.
Thats idiocy.

it you may not be entirely wrong since it appears that most of the busted windmills were made in joe biden‘s favorite country - china

and a new Ice Age was never predicted by the all-knowing Al Gore or the brain damaged Greta Thunberg

they told us to expect burning heat waves and only changed the story when doomsday failed to show up as predicted
As usual you cherry pick and haven't a clue about climate science. You talk about Biden and say his favorite country is China, I say you're full of it. You demean Greta Thunberg and also Al Gore. Your a pretentious idiot who doesn't know when he's fighting a losing cause because as I've said before it's not a conservative or liberal issue.

Like Mac-7 you cherry pick and don't answer my reply in full only the part that you can say is false. I said he disparaged both Gore and Thunberg and called China Biden's favorite country with no proof. I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true but I believe that the majority of the climate scientist believe Global Warming is happening. Since I'm a pragmatist I'll err on the side of an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Do you really believe this is a liberal or conservative based problem as preface to this implies, I don't and in my other post I think I get my point accross.
If you'll learn to read the post carefully you'll find "I agree as of this date his predictions haven't come true"
If you followed my replies you will find that I said that I didn't say he was worth listening to. I did reply that I thought that Mac-7 was demeaning to both Thunberg and Gore. I've already said that since the majority of climate scientist believe in global warming, I'll err on the side of the climate scientist because, an once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
The majority of climate scientists believe in global warming because that's where the money is.

Your reply smacks of your opinion and with no proof what so ever. Just so you don't forget, this is not a liberal versus conservative problem. It could be "my opinion" a capitalistic one though.
The Environmental Forum is full of proof of climate "science" being a political ploy.

A link to relevant information would've been appreciated and I would read it. However as I said I'm a pragmatist and if climate scientists are wrong about Global Warming so be it. If there right it would be prudent to take some proactive measures to combat it. Unfortunately or fortunately for me I'll be 81 in April and live at 2000 feet elevation so I'm not worried about coastal flooding etc. Unfortunately for you, you go through life looking for things that always support your point of view and block out things that your opposed to. A sad way to go through life.

The fact that millionaire and billionaire environmentalists are buying mansions on beach fronts across the country shows they know global warming is a scam........
Who are these millionaire and billionaire environmentalist that are buying mansions on beach fronts across the country. If they are then I don't think they are environmentalists just not very proactive or smart. Now if they are my age 81 in April maybe they feel that for them they will be long gone before the crisis hits or believe that proactive measure to reduce our carbon footprint on this planet will save the day.
Odd how you never hear about them selling their mansions and moving to smaller places, isn't it?

I'm replying to let you know, you never get the point and there is no one so blind as one who can't see.

I'm not being manipulated and you are so hyped to prove a non existent point that in your next piece of bullshit you blame Democrats in Austin for closing a biomass plant when the whole grid is run by the state which I know has a republican governor. Wake up, the problem isn't Global warming or oil, coal. The problem is simply capitalism and if you can't see that then your hopeless.

Dismissed.
If I had to choose being hopeless like you or a communist, I'd choose neither because being hopeless is downright sad and being a communist can't work because the same as capitalism too many people have what I call the greed gene.

Goodbye
I have no idea why you got the idea I'm hopeless.

But then, I don't blame all my troubles on capitalism, Comrade.

The public is being blamed for using too much energy during a severe winter storm
You can blame the public if you wish.

No, wind and solar power are not the main causes of Texas' power outages despite Gov. Abbott's claim on Fox News

Abbott's big lie about wind and solar power

Carnival Cruz was the only politician in Texas to think outside the box - and the State.

Despite the criminal lack of preparedness, a foolhardy "We can go it alone!" refusal to integrate its system with the national grids, and an absence of sensible regulation that is resulting in Texans now being belted with obscene electricity bills, Carnival took it upon himself to undertake a reconnaissance mission to a Ritz Carlton in Cancun, scouting the route for the caravan of refugees he plans to lead out of the icebound Lone Star State.

Coyote's apparently craven attempt to blame his 10 and 12 yer old daughters was a calculated distraction from the mass invasion he intended, lest Mexico get wind of it and build a wall that it would force the U.S. taxpayer to finance.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 7.55.02 PM.png

"Oh, lordy! I done sun-burned my
frozen tushy for my people!"

Thats idiocy.

Dismissed.

Goodbye

When you understand simple logic then maybe you won't be hopeless. The heading says "Thanks to Liberal Stupidity - Rolling Blackouts across Texas" In all my post I tried to put forth that it wasn't a liberal or conservative problem and you have never proven that it was. "hence hopeless". Capitalism infused with needed rules and regulations is the best system as of today, does it need some modification, I think so that's my opinion and belongs in a different thread.

The public is being blamed for using too much energy during a severe winter storm

No, wind and solar power are not the main causes of Texas' power outages despite Gov. Abbott's claim on Fox News

Carnival Cruz was the only politician in Texas to think outside the box - and the State.

Despite the criminal lack of preparedness, a foolhardy "We can go it alone!" refusal to integrate its system with the national grids, and an absence of sensible regulation that is resulting in Texans now being belted with obscene electricity bills, Carnival took it upon himself to undertake a reconnaissance mission to a Ritz Carlton in Cancun, scouting the route for the caravan of refugees he plans to lead out of the icebound Lone Star State.

Coyote's apparently craven attempt to blame his 10 and 12 yer old daughters was a calculated distraction from the mass invasion he intended, lest Mexico get wind of it and build a wall that it would force the U.S. taxpayer to finance.

View attachment 460526
What cruz did was politically damaging to himself

but he didnt harm any Texan in any way

Thats idiocy.

Dismissed.

Goodbye

When you understand simple logic then maybe you won't be hopeless. The heading says "Thanks to Liberal Stupidity - Rolling Blackouts across Texas" In all my post I tried to put forth that it wasn't a liberal or conservative problem and you have never proven that it was. "hence hopeless". Capitalism infused with needed rules and regulations is the best system as of today, does it need some modification, I think so that's my opinion and belongs in a different thread.
in retrospect the headline was an unfortunate choice of words because I no longer believe that frozen windmills were the primary cause of the blackouts

so your criticism of me is justified

It appears to have actually helped Texans understand the priorities of their political leadership.

Abbot's incompetence and his lying about the primary causes of the State's disaster are as revealing as the selfish abandonment of the people Cruz purportedly represents.

However, the systemic time bomb had been activated well before them. The tragedy was long in the making.

Ken Lay, the former CEO of the energy and utility company Enron, crossing out the “Dear Governor Bush” typed by his secretary, and penciling in “Dear George” in its place, he wrote to ... lay out the “benefits of competition” that electricity deregulation would bring.
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 8.22.38 AM.png
“We have already glimpsed this energy
future, and it works!”
Lay, who died in 2006 shortly after being convicted of a massive securities fraud, wrote to Bush in 1996, a year after Texas lawmakers had started to dismantle the electric utility monopolies.

You will discover how racist democrats are when you take their logic and apply it to other races other than white.

Abbot's incompetence and his lying about the primary causes of the State's disaster are as revealing as the selfish abandonment of the people Cruz purportedly represents.
Abbott is not the energy czar

the electric grid in Texas is privately owned and managed

but the real reason is liberal fear of global warming from burning coal combined with fear of nuclear power

so all we have to keep us warm is natural gas that is in short supply and windmills that are frozen stiff
Frozen wind turbines contribute to rolling power blackouts across Texas

Coal and natural gas were responsible for the blackouts. Iowa gets 40% of it's power through wind and had far fewer problems than Texas. Fossil fuels and nuclear power were respnsible for the blackouts.

You DO know that Iowa and Texas are two rather different places, quite a distance away from each other, right? And they have different weather patterns, and different needs, and stuff?

This is like saying, "Well, solar power works great in Arizona, so it should work great EVERYWHERE!" As if the entire nation is exactly the same.
Oh, there are even worse examples.

View attachment 460510

:auiqs.jpg:

OMG, seriously?

View attachment 460526

And it was only "politically damaging" because Americans have become so ignorant and shallow that they think with their glands and make decisions based on appearance.

And it was only "politically damaging" because Americans have become so ignorant and shallow that they think with their glands and make decisions based on appearance.
Not quite

Cruz meant no harm

and he did no harm

but appearance do matter in politics and this one looks bad even to cruz supporters

Its not the same as the governor of california defying his own dictates about gatherings, distancing and mask wearing

but cruz will have a difficult time living this down

Not quite

Cruz meant no harm

and he did no harm

but appearance do matter in politics and this one looks bad even to cruz supporters

Its not the same as the governor of california defying his own dictates about gatherings, distancing and mask wearing

but cruz will have a difficult time living this down

Frankly, I'm a Cruz supporter, and it doesn't look bad to me at all. This is because I'm thinking with my brain and using logic, rather than thinking with my glands and using emotion.

Ted Cruz hanging around Texas during the blackouts serves no purpose to anyone. He has nothing whatsoever to do with fixing the problem. His presence will not in any way make the problem less for a single person in Texas. It can, in fact, be argued that his presence, as well as that of anyone who has no actual, relevant function to perform and has the ability to leave, is actually damaging. The last thing a state dealing with an inability to meet energy demands needs is more people crowding into the state and making more demands. Anything he can do to help, he can do - probably more easily - from out-of-state.

Frankly, I'm a Cruz supporter, and it doesn't look bad to me at all. This is because I'm thinking with my brain and using logic, rather than thinking with my glands and using emotion.
Cruz depends on votes from sensitive suburban libs who are easily offended by many minor incidents

the news media will target them like ducks on a pond

Forum List

Back