Texas Senate Votes to Remove MLK's Speech From School Cirriculums

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"The Texas Senate on Friday passed legislation that would end requirements that public schools include writings on women’s suffrage and the civil rights movement in social studies classes. Among the figures whose works would be dropped: Susan B. Anthony, Cesar Chavez, and Martin Luther King Jr., whose “I Have a Dream"speech and “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” would no longer make the curriculum cut. The bill (S.B. 3), which was passed on a vote of 18 to 4, now is stalled because the House can’t achieve a quorum while a breakaway group of Democrats is out of the state.

That law included a list of historic figures, events and documents required for inclusion in social studies classes; but would remove most mentions of people of color and women from those requirements, along with a requirement that students be taught about the history of white supremacy and “the ways in which it is morally wrong.” “Parents want their students to learn how to think critically, not be indoctrinated by the ridiculous leftist narrative that America and our Constitution are rooted in racism,” Lt. Gov. Patrick said.

Well, that is kind of odd -- you would think students learning about Susan B. Anthony and how women earned the right to vote is a good thing...and as much as conservatives reduced MLK to one single speech -- to even strike that from school cirriculum under the guise of "ANTI-CRT" is pretty revealing...

E6S0t27XMAYPOhD.jpg

I hope the conservatives don't try to return back to their original position they held on MLK; about him being a race-baiting Communist agitator, blah blah blah....they had made so much progress on coming to terms with how wrong they were about that time period....sad....

Why would they removed MLK speeches? that doesn't make sense to me. It is real history and a valid profile in courage of a man who endured a lot in his life to help overturn the pernicious Segregation doctrine that was once the way life was in America.

"The Texas Senate on Friday passed legislation that would end requirements that public schools include writings on women’s suffrage and the civil rights movement in social studies classes. Among the figures whose works would be dropped: Susan B. Anthony, Cesar Chavez, and Martin Luther King Jr., whose “I Have a Dream"speech and “Letter from a Birmingham Jail” would no longer make the curriculum cut. The bill (S.B. 3), which was passed on a vote of 18 to 4, now is stalled because the House can’t achieve a quorum while a breakaway group of Democrats is out of the state.

That law included a list of historic figures, events and documents required for inclusion in social studies classes; but would remove most mentions of people of color and women from those requirements, along with a requirement that students be taught about the history of white supremacy and “the ways in which it is morally wrong.” “Parents want their students to learn how to think critically, not be indoctrinated by the ridiculous leftist narrative that America and our Constitution are rooted in racism,” Lt. Gov. Patrick said.

Well, that is kind of odd -- you would think students learning about Susan B. Anthony and how women earned the right to vote is a good thing...and as much as conservatives reduced MLK to one single speech -- to even strike that from school cirriculum under the guise of "ANTI-CRT" is pretty revealing...

View attachment 514558
I hope the conservatives don't try to return back to their original position they held on MLK; about him being a race-baiting Communist agitator, blah blah blah....they had made so much progress on coming to terms with how wrong they were about that time period....sad....
Why should we treat MLK’s words as Gospel?

He said some good things, and plenty of stupid things. He wasn’t a saint and we should stop treating him as such.

Besides, it’s not like blacks ever listened to him and lived by his words. Now the black community is racist, hateful, and spiteful. They obviously didn’t really learn anything from MLK, so why keep pushing him as an important civil rights leader? Blacks glorify violence, not peaceful protesting.

Why would they removed MLK speeches? that doesn't make sense to me. It is real history and a valid profile in courage of a man who endured a lot in his life to help overturn the pernicious Segregation doctrine that was once the way life was in America.
Not even close. Teach the TRUTH about MLKs I have a dream speech. Teach that he plagiarized it from Archibald Carey who gave it at the republican convention.

View attachment 514558
From your link..

Parents want their students to learn how to think critically, not be indoctrinated by the ridiculous leftist narrative that America and our Constitution are rooted in racism,” Patrick said.

Why would mobs of folks burn and loot businesses that had nothing to do with the death of George Floyd?

In the study of political science, it is axiomatic. When society tolerates large scale mass radical movements in politics, it gives rise to reactionary movements. It is not logical, nor is it reasonable. It is just the way of human societies.

How do these conditions come about? Economic instability, war, famine, disease, threats to the security of the society. Going back to antiquity, the largest cause almost universally seems to be the disappearance of the middle class. IOW, that growing wealth & income disparity.

. . . and of course, a general sense society no longer is ruled by law and order, but by graft and corruption, have a lot to do with these elements creeping into the body politic as well.

For example, lets say folks didn't think the moderation of this forum were fair. . . it might cause their political views, and their outlook of society and the world to become more. . . . hmmmm. . . extreme. :sigh2:

Why should we treat MLK’s words as Gospel?

He said some good things, and plenty of stupid things. He wasn’t a saint and we should stop treating him as such.

Post a few of the stupid things he said.
Besides, it’s not like blacks ever listened to him and lived by his words. Now the black community is racist, hateful, and spiteful. They obviously didn’t really learn anything from MLK, so why keep pushing him as an important civil rights leader? Blacks glorify violence, not peaceful protesting.
You just said that why should we treat his words as gospel, make up your mind. You were one of those folks who hated Dr. King and will do anything you can to try and discredit him. America as a nation hasn't lived up to his words yet.

Vs the dozens of examples of blacks wanting white history removed, and actually getting everything from statues, to speeches, to books, to news censorship and more taken away.

So yeah they lost one thing to the dozens whites already have.

Fuck em.

Vs the dozens of examples of blacks wanting white history removed, and actually getting everything from statues, to speeches, to books, to news censorship and more taken away.

So yeah they lost one thing to the dozens whites already have.

Fuck em.

I don't think that blacks really give a fuck one way or the other, about monuments, books, and historical stuff.

My take is that it's those white liberals who are whipping them up into a frenzy over those things. The majority of black people are easily-manipulated by their white Marxist plantation-owners, whether it be voting for them, or being outraged at whatever their overlords tell them to.

So yeah, fuck 'em. If any black person doesn't have enough sense to think for themselves, fuck those Democrat house ni**ers and fuck their lilly-white liberal czars.

View attachment 514558
Why would it be necessary? You people never shut up about him. MLK isnt a secret.

Forum List

Back