Capitol insurgent gets 8 month sentence

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Prosecutors asked for 18. I think this is about right. He did plead guilty and expressed remorse. Also he wasn't accused of of beating any cops with his Rump flag. But the doofus did bring rope and goggles with him. Regrets it now, begged for leniency. No dice. Lock 'em up!

CHICAGO (AP) — A Florida man who breached the U.S. Senate chamber carrying a Trump campaign flag was sentenced Monday to eight months behind bars, the first resolution for a felony case in the Capitol insurrection.​
Paul Allard Hodgkins apologized and said he was ashamed of his actions on Jan 6. Speaking calmly from a prepared text, he described being caught up in the euphoria as he walked down Washington’s most famous avenue, then followed a crowd of hundreds up Capitol Hill and into the Capitol building.​
“If I had any idea that the protest ... would escalate (the way) it did ... I would never have ventured farther than the sidewalk of Pennsylvania Avenue,” Hodgkins told the judge. He added: “This was a foolish decision on my part.”​
Prosecutors had asked for Hodgkins to serve 18 months behind bars, saying in a recent filing that he, “like each rioter, contributed to the collective threat to democracy” by forcing lawmakers to temporarily abandon their certification of Joe Biden’s 2020 election victory over President Donald Trump and to scramble for shelter from incoming mobs.​

1626713021704.png

Only 8 months for being involved in the insurrection?
Oh wait, what did he get charged with?
:lol:
His guilty plea was for obstructing an official proceeding. There were several other charges such as entering the Senate Chamber and trespassing but they were dropped.

The President of the John Wilkes Booth fan club should remain patient. Some of those Proud Boys and militia buttholes are gonna get 5-10 ;)

His guilty plea was for obstructing an official proceeding. There were several other charges such as entering the Senate Chamber and trespassing but they were dropped.

The President of the John Wilkes Booth fan club should remain patient. Some of those Proud Boys and militia buttholes are gonna get 5-10 ;)
Yeah, thats what i heard about all the other people... and yet? Nothing.
But you will get them next time! :lol:

DrLove
Conspiracy my ass. Insurrection my ass. If they were truly conspirators and insurrectionists they would have all been armed. There wasn't one gun found. Most have been charged with trespassing. That's a long way from conspiracy, insurrection or sedition.

Keep lying to yourself. You're good at it. Oh and keep harping on 1/6. You sure are good for a laugh.

DrLove
Conspiracy my ass. Insurrection my ass. If they were truly conspirators and insurrectionists they would have all been armed. There wasn't one gun found. Most have been charged with trespassing. That's a long way from conspiracy, insurrection or sedition.

Keep lying to yourself. You're good at it. Oh and keep harping on 1/6. You sure are good for a laugh.
There were three guns confiscated. But guns are not the only weapons. There were plenty of those utilized in the insurrection. Would you like that list for the bazillionth time?

Forum List

Back