Texas Mass Shootings Up 62.5 Percent Since Permitless Carry Bill

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Another Republican FAIL.

Just over a year ago, Governor Greg Abbott signed a law making it legal for anyone in Texas over the age of 21 to openly carry a gun in public without a permit or license. Since then, the number of mass shootings has risen 62.5 percent.

From June 13, 2020, to June 13, 2021, when Abbott signed the permitless carry law, Texas had 40 mass shootings. In that same time period from 2021 to 2022, the number of mass shootings rose to 65. The numbers were compiled using the databases from the Stanford University MSA Data Project, the Mass Shooting Tracker, Vox’s Gun Violence Archives, Mother Jones, The Washington Post, the FBI, and the Congressional Research Service. All incidences met at least two definitions of a mass shooting.

The math is even more damning when taking the number of victims into account. In the one-year period before the bill was signed, 187 people were killed or injured in mass shootings in Texas. In the one-year-after period, it was 375 people killed or injured, a 100 percent increase. Even if the 40 people killed or injured in the Robb Elementary School Massacre are excluded, the increase is 79 percent, an enormous jump in bloodshed.

When the bill was signed, Texas Democrats predicted that the law would likely increase gun violence.

“The permitless carry bill will cause more violence and loss,” U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-El Paso) said in a statement at the time. “Despite overwhelming support for common-sense gun violence prevention legislation like universal background checks, Texas Republicans, led by a cowardly governor, are more interested in groveling for the gun lobby’s attention than they are in preventing gun violence and honoring victims and survivors in El Paso and across Texas.”

That grim prediction has come true.

These numbers do not even take into account shootings of less than four people. Totals for all gun violence tend to lag behind mass shootings as they get less press coverage, and the numbers from last year are still not widely available from sources yet, let alone for 2022 so far. ABC 13 recently stated that since the bill had been passed, shooting deaths in the state were up 5 percent, with injuries being up 3 percent.

Another Republican FAIL.

Just over a year ago, Governor Greg Abbott signed a law making it legal for anyone in Texas over the age of 21 to openly carry a gun in public without a permit or license. Since then, the number of mass shootings has risen 62.5 percent.

From June 13, 2020, to June 13, 2021, when Abbott signed the permitless carry law, Texas had 40 mass shootings. In that same time period from 2021 to 2022, the number of mass shootings rose to 65. The numbers were compiled using the databases from the Stanford University MSA Data Project, the Mass Shooting Tracker, Vox’s Gun Violence Archives, Mother Jones, The Washington Post, the FBI, and the Congressional Research Service. All incidences met at least two definitions of a mass shooting.

The math is even more damning when taking the number of victims into account. In the one-year period before the bill was signed, 187 people were killed or injured in mass shootings in Texas. In the one-year-after period, it was 375 people killed or injured, a 100 percent increase. Even if the 40 people killed or injured in the Robb Elementary School Massacre are excluded, the increase is 79 percent, an enormous jump in bloodshed.

When the bill was signed, Texas Democrats predicted that the law would likely increase gun violence.

“The permitless carry bill will cause more violence and loss,” U.S. Rep. Veronica Escobar (D-El Paso) said in a statement at the time. “Despite overwhelming support for common-sense gun violence prevention legislation like universal background checks, Texas Republicans, led by a cowardly governor, are more interested in groveling for the gun lobby’s attention than they are in preventing gun violence and honoring victims and survivors in El Paso and across Texas.”

These numbers do not even take into account shootings of less than four people. Totals for all gun violence tend to lag behind mass shootings as they get less press coverage, and the numbers from last year are still not widely available from sources yet, let alone for 2022 so far. ABC 13 recently stated that since the bill had been passed, shooting deaths in the state were up 5 percent, with injuries being up 3 percent.

Ever since biden was elected crime has gone through the roof all over the country.

Another Republican FAIL.

Firearms haven't changed much in 100+ years .. but society and culture has. Just another ridiculous correlation vs. causation argument from an obviously biased source. Oh the irony of an El Paso representative talking about crime .. lol

Another Republican FAIL.

I bet you included the Uvalde school shooting in that, huh, you dishonest shitbag?

Ever since biden was elected crime has gone through the roof all over the country.
That won't go on forever. Americans will only wait so long for the government to do the right before they take matters

into their own hands and nip things in the bud.

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. :funnyface:

Innocents dead is still what it is. :(

Uh yep. 8yr old too. I know. But when i deal with lying leftist puke, i lose sensibilities. This idiot posting this thread needs to be beat into a coma. I dont read, i just fire back. My apologie to the slain. Build the wall. Man the gates.

I meant OP poster would not be as happy as he could be with white shooter it craves. Im drinking here.

Last edited:
Needing a license has not kept a criminal from possessing a firearm. We have permit less carry in my state and I dont think it has changed a thing.

But do you think it might be at least a slight hindrance compared to being able to just buy one from some guy on craigslist or attending a gun show and paying in cash?

Republican's solution to gun violence:

MOAR GUNS!
Go fuck yourself with a cactus.

No, actually the solution is less leftist indoctrinated shitbags.

How badly do you want to see that come to fruition?

It would definitely reduce gun violence to a small fraction of what it is now if all leftist indoctrinated shitbags went away.

Are you really for reducing "gun violence" or or not, leftist shitbag?

Last edited:
Leftist solution to gun violence: disarm all law biding citizens and allow Soros backed DAs and prosecutors to get those jobs and let criminals off the hook with a slap on the hand.
Babu says no. :D

seinfeld-babu.gif

Babu doesn't let faggots steal his armoires n stuff like Kramer.

If a faggot tried to take my version of "armoire"? I would probably be going to prison and he would be dead.

My version of that goes back well over a century.

I don't care what's in it. I do know it had Matthew Brady pictures on it when I was about 4-6. And when I was 6 or 7 I realized

they were Matthew Brady photographs.

I just know what what the pictures look like. :dunno:

Civil War battallions. Idk where those pictures are or if rats ate them, but I have the thing they were tacked to that I saw.

Last edited:
Another Republican FAIL.

Are you this stupid in real life, or just when you post……

1) The actual criminals doing all of the shooting can’t legally buy, own or carry a gun……so your post is just stupid

2). The democrat party policies directed at weakening local police have led to the increase in violent criminals committing more crime.

3). The democrat party policies of releasing known, violent criminals with a revolving door policy, putting them back on the streets no matter how many gun felonies they have has increased violent crime.

4). The democrat policy of flooding our country with illegal aliens has increased violent crime….in particular in border states like Texas…

So,again….are you this stupid and dishonest in real life?

Another Republican FAIL.

And this dishonest article also uses the same lie as other anti-gun liars……mixing drug gang violence with mass public shootings…….

As to actual mass public shootings……California has had more of them than Texas…..

But do you think it might be at least a slight hindrance compared to being able to just buy one from some guy on craigslist or attending a gun show and paying in cash?

No….criminals do not get their guns off Craig’s list…they get them from known straw buyers, mainly friends and family who already know they are buying for a criminal……..

You can’t explain how a”license“ would stop people committed to breaking the law from breaking the law…..

Forum List

Back