Texas House votes to ARREST runaway Democrats for blocking voting rights bill: State Dems sing outside the Capitol and insist they are willing to go t

The same threat was made against Republicans who fled Oregon a few years ago to block climate legislation. Nobody was arrested there. I doubt anyone will be arrested in Texas.
if arrested they wont be taken to jail . they will be held at the Capital Building of Texas until they vote . Abbott isnt playing around .
...after a body cavity search.

The same threat was made against Republicans who fled Oregon a few years ago to block climate legislation. Nobody was arrested there. I doubt anyone will be arrested in Texas.
if arrested they wont be taken to jail . they will be held at the Capital Building of Texas until they vote . Abbott isnt playing around .
Held against their will? Kidnapping or false imprisonment?

Read US CODE: 18 U.S. Code § 1201 - Kidnapping

Conspiring to do so would put the Governor of Texas and the LE Officer who took the Democratic Member of the Legislature against his or her will 20 years in a Federal Prison.

Republicans in the Texas State House voted 76-4 on Tuesday to arrest the runaway Democrats who fled to Washington D.C. to break the quorum and block the passage of Governor Greg Abbott's voting rights bills.

'Members, a sergeant-at-arms and any officer appointed by him are directed to send for all absentees whose attendance is not excused for the purpose of securing and maintaining their attendance under warrant of arrest if necessary,' Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan announced from the State House floor.

Texas House rules allow the sergeant-at-arms to arrest members who are not present at the Capitol for a vote – and the show of disapproval Tuesday could result in the lawmakers' arrest when they land back in the Lone Star State.

The Tuesday, however, vote doesn't hold much weight as long as the Democrats remain in Washington since by crossing state lines they have escaped jurisdiction of Texas law enforcement.

The group maintains that they aren't afraid of Governor Abbott's threats to arrest them for fleeing the state to break a quorum and avoid voting on Republicans ' election legislation.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk .

Jail those POS and throw away the keys!
They would rather be arrested than take part in an attack on democracy..good for them
Election security isn't an "attack on democracy", pearl clutcher.
Republicans never thought there was any problem with 'election security' until they started losing.

Ah, yes. The vaunted "I know this is what Republicans care about from inside my Democrat echo chamber where I never hear any actual Republicans" schtick.

Republicans have thought election security issues like voter ID was a problem for a long time. That reality doesn't change just because you desperately avoid ever hearing anything said by people who disagree with you.

Republicans in the Texas State House voted 76-4 on Tuesday to arrest the runaway Democrats who fled to Washington D.C. to break the quorum and block the passage of Governor Greg Abbott's voting rights bills.

'Members, a sergeant-at-arms and any officer appointed by him are directed to send for all absentees whose attendance is not excused for the purpose of securing and maintaining their attendance under warrant of arrest if necessary,' Texas House Speaker Dade Phelan announced from the State House floor.

Texas House rules allow the sergeant-at-arms to arrest members who are not present at the Capitol for a vote – and the show of disapproval Tuesday could result in the lawmakers' arrest when they land back in the Lone Star State.

The Tuesday, however, vote doesn't hold much weight as long as the Democrats remain in Washington since by crossing state lines they have escaped jurisdiction of Texas law enforcement.

The group maintains that they aren't afraid of Governor Abbott's threats to arrest them for fleeing the state to break a quorum and avoid voting on Republicans ' election legislation.

Send Marshalls out to arrest their puckered asses, throw them in jail and impeach them all.

They have to be IN Texas to be arrested.

I also don't believe that an arrest in this case has anything to do with jail time. It is my impression that they just get rounded up and frog-marched back to the State House to do their damned jobs.

Just like kids who are in trouble with their parents, they gotta go home sometime. And the longer they take to do it, the worse it's gonna be when they get there.

Sounds like something you would read about happening in some banana republic..

Only if you're a retard who thinks "banana republic" means "anything I don't happen to like at the moment" and who is outraged at the idea that elected officials are actually accountable to the people who elected them.

Send Marshalls out to arrest their puckered asses, throw them in jail and impeach them all.

I also don't believe that an arrest in this case has anything to do with jail time. It is my impression that they just get rounded up and frog-marched back to the State House to do their damned jobs.

Just like kids who are in trouble with their parents, they gotta go home sometime. And the longer they take to do it, the worse it's gonna be when they get there.

I actually believe that El Presidente's DOJ is going to intercede on these Dimm reprobate's behalf and usurp the Texas Constitution.

They would rather be arrested than take part in an attack on democracy..good for them
Republicans never thought there was any problem with 'election security' until they started losing.

Ah, yes. The vaunted "I know this is what Republicans care about from inside my Democrat echo chamber where I never hear any actual Republicans" schtick.

Republicans have thought election security issues like voter ID was a problem for a long time. That reality doesn't change just because you desperately avoid ever hearing anything said by people who disagree with you.
That reality doesn't change just because you desperately avoid ever hearing anything said by people who disagree with you.
Talking about reality.

About 15 cases nationwide.
About 200 cases nationwide going back to 1982.
About 300 cases nationwide going back to 2000.

This is about 500 cases nationwide, counting all elections from city all the way up to the president. Voter ID would have made a difference in 500 votes of billions of votes cast. I'll be generous and assume that only 1 in a 1000 cases would get detected and prosecuted but it would still come down to a statistically small number well within automatic recount range for near all elections.

Just because Republicans assume something is a problem doesn't make it so. And if the solution to an imagined problem is voting laws that have a real effect on voter participation I would argue that opposing those laws is a matter of voter integrity much more realistic than supporting those laws.

He took their salary which isn't much, but he took their benefits away also. Which means they or their family has no health insurance. Hope they don't get sick. They shouldn't get it back either. The residents of Texas is paying for it.

I actually believe that El Presidente's DOJ is going to intercede on these Dimm reprobate's behalf and usurp the Texas Constitution.

Not really sure what they could do about it.

He took their salary which isn't much, but he took their benefits away also. Which means they or their family has no health insurance. Hope they don't get sick. They shouldn't get it back either. The residents of Texas is paying for it.

More to the point, he's making them look like what they are: a bunch of corrupt, elitist politicians who only want to do the jobs the people elected them to when it suits them.

Not going to play well with the independents and moderates when campaign time rolls around. And the selfies those morons posted of their little taxpayer-funded junket are going to be brutal.

That reality doesn't change just because you desperately avoid ever hearing anything said by people who disagree with you.
Talking about reality.

About 15 cases nationwide.
About 200 cases nationwide going back to 1982.
About 300 cases nationwide going back to 2000.

This is about 500 cases nationwide, counting all elections from city all the way up to the president. Voter ID would have made a difference in 500 votes of billions of votes cast. I'll be generous and assume that only 1 in a 1000 cases would get detected and prosecuted but it would still come down to a statistically small number well within automatic recount range for near all elections.

Just because Republicans assume something is a problem doesn't make it so. And if the solution to an imagined problem is voting laws that have a real effect on voter participation I would argue that opposing those laws is a matter of voter integrity much more realistic than supporting those laws.
Let's start with Heritage being a shit source, that has been totally co-opted by the DC neocon swamp reptiles....Going to start citing CATO or Brookings next?

That aside, it's entirely within the purview of the states to create legislation that makes voting more secure, your disingenuous cries of wacism! notwithstanding.

If you were honestly concerned about voter participation (which you obviously aren't), why wouldn't you focus on the roughly 1/2 of total voters who don't show up at all, and sway them to your side?

More to the point, he's making them look like what they are: a bunch of corrupt, elitist politicians who only want to do the jobs the people elected them to when it suits them.

Not going to play well with the independents and moderates when campaign time rolls around. And the selfies those morons posted of their little taxpayer-funded junket are going to be brutal.
It's time to get rid of all of them. Not to many politicians represent us anymore.

That aside, it's entirely within the purview of the states to create legislation that makes voting more secure, yor disingenuous cries of wacism! notwithstanding.
Where did you see me using the word "wacism" or for that matter "racism"? My premise is simply based on the fact that extra conditions to vote almost by definition causes fewer people to vote. That is a fact completely free of race. So a strawman.
If you were honestly concerned about voter participation (which you obviously aren't), why wouldn't you focus on the roughly 1/2 of total voters who don't show up at all, and sway them to your side?
Since I didn't engage in any discussion about getting out the vote and simply focus on those that want to vote already in this OP I fail to see how you can make any assumption on my position on it. So another strawman.
Let's start with Heritage being a shit source, that has been totally co-opted by the DC neocon swamp reptiles....Going to start citing CATO or Brookings next?
I don't mind people questioning sources (although I have to say attacking the heritage foundation as someone who is obviously rightwing is hilarious), but I've yet to see ANY source that actually tried to give an account of the actual extent of voter fraud in the US besides this. You certainly haven't provided any source. And attacking information that you don't agree with without actually providing a reason beyond disbelief is simply dumb. This is a genetic fallacy.

You managed to give 3 separate logical fallacies in 4 sentences. That is impressive I have to say.

Forum List

Back