Texas for Hillary

because they just like Maryland cant stop them. It would require knowing who was actually voting, and that is evidently a violation of constitutional rights.
Maryland may be more fucked up than a football bat, but Texas has voter ID.
A football bat would make sense in Maryland.
That being said, even if Maryland had voter ID, the illegals were given drivers licenses here by our last anti american governor. may he one day soon rot in hell.
Sad. Maybe you should consider moving to Texas.
th_Texas_flag.gif
I am considering leaving Maryland soon, however I am one of the odd ones that really likes winter, the cold, snow etc... I was thinking Main or maybe even Alaska.
Amarillo has decent winters. Higher elevation, snow. Good hunting and just a hop and a skip from both Colorado and Oklahoma. Plus you get to take advantage of the Texas economy and on state income tax.

What specific actions made Carter the worst president?

Balancing the budget?
Middle East peace accord?

She doesn't have a clue. She is simply repeating others, who also have no clue.

Speaking of not having a clue. That would be you.

You have yet to explain what Carter did to make him the worst President

Is it because you just have no idea what Carter actually did or that you are just repeating what others have told you?
According to the surveys on the Wiki link, it appears to be mainly his handling of the economy followed by party leadership and relations with Congress putting him as not the worst, but well below average.

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia
In the late 70s I was not a big fan of Carters. I considered him the worst I had seen. To me , his biggest fault was a lack of leadership and need to please everyone
Over time, I have appreciated Carter more. He was a decent man who was not suited for politics. The things I hated him for.....Iran Hostages, inflation, high interest rates and fuel costs ....he really didn't have much control of
And he did get our hostages back alive
I, too, think Carter is a decent man. Both then and now, but I think he was an ineffective President. Not the worst, but certainly not the leader we needed.

So, would you say it's like the Dems focusing on Obama's successes in 2012?

Btw, your olfactory sense seem to be compromised if you cannot pick up the sense of smell emanating out of Hillary and her campaign.

Hillary is doing quite well with her campaign. Down ballot Democrats are flocking to Hillary. President Obama is also doing quite well as Hillary sees no reason to distance herself from his administration

Meanwhile, Republicans are doing everything they can to distance themselves from the stink of Trump
What's the point? You might be able to brag on November 9th. In the meantime we both know that the Beast absolutely reeks of corruption and mendacity. The best you can hope for is a Pyrrhic victory anyway.

There will have never been a president with more abject sleaze ascend it the White House, or indeed be re-elected.

You have tried to actually prove that and have failed at every turn

Hillary will be overwhelmingly elected on Nov 8 and the rightwing will pout and call her names

That is what you do best
Hillary's names are already ensconced in American political history. "Crooked Hillary" has a time-enduring ring to it.
Yea....we can post it up there with Barry Soetoro, Obammy, Obummer and all the other silly names that entertain Conservatives
in all fairness his real name is Barry Soetoro
Me I just refer to it as the Keyan, (which he is) or just obama , no president or capital letter in front of the name, he has not earned the respect of either one.

because they just like Maryland cant stop them. It would require knowing who was actually voting, and that is evidently a violation of constitutional rights.
Maryland may be more fucked up than a football bat, but Texas has voter ID.
A football bat would make sense in Maryland.
That being said, even if Maryland had voter ID, the illegals were given drivers licenses here by our last anti american governor. may he one day soon rot in hell.
Sad. Maybe you should consider moving to Texas.
th_Texas_flag.gif
I am considering leaving Maryland soon, however I am one of the odd ones that really likes winter, the cold, snow etc... I was thinking Main or maybe even Alaska.
Amarillo has decent winters. Higher elevation, snow. Good hunting and just a hop and a skip from both Colorado and Oklahoma. Plus you get to take advantage of the Texas economy and on state income tax.
how bad is the infestation there?
Its really bad in maryland, if you dont speak mexican its hard to even order at McDonalds. (maybe I should thank them instead of insulting them, they are helping keep my heart healthy since I cant order fast food any more)

What specific actions made Carter the worst president?

Balancing the budget?
Middle East peace accord?

Is it because you just have no idea what Carter actually did or that you are just repeating what others have told you?
According to the surveys on the Wiki link, it appears to be mainly his handling of the economy followed by party leadership and relations with Congress putting him as not the worst, but well below average.

In the late 70s I was not a big fan of Carters. I considered him the worst I had seen. To me , his biggest fault was a lack of leadership and need to please everyone
Over time, I have appreciated Carter more. He was a decent man who was not suited for politics. The things I hated him for.....Iran Hostages, inflation, high interest rates and fuel costs ....he really didn't have much control of
Ill give you credit here, most people attribute Reagan with the release of the hostages
It might have been, but since they were released so quickly after he became president I suspect that the hostages were being held to discredit Carter as retaliation for his sanctions, and the release was meant to make Ronnie look good.
at any rate, I still think that it was Carters sanctions that finally broke them. 444 days is a long time to be a hostage though. He did however fail by sending those helicopters into the sand like that.

No question Carter was called weak for not attacking Iran. In fact, ignoring a public outcry to make Iran pay took great strength
Or great weakness and incompetence.
America is the only country I know of that being a coward and a pushover is celebrated.
nah, there's all of europe too.
I've been there.....uh-uh.

This is the only country i know of that literally celebrates weakness.
Why is that?

It's the only country that let's people that hate us teach our kids to hate the United States and it's founders.
the operative word is let, or allow. that comes with the high price of defending ourselves and those other nations under our protective defense umbrella. they could give more back. people talk about how great european life is, how civilised.

the high price of defending those other nations under our protective defense umbrella is a lot, when we need the dough here at home to fix security and black lives genocide everyday in chicago. there are so many other inner cities plagued by this, but let's start with my home town in chicago. please and soon.

we allow our parents to teach their kids as they see fit because other countries don't.
we can always be strong as a nation and still have great political dissent. everyone was on the same page on 911. the first one, not benghazi.
Dissent is one thing.

These people train our kids to despise America.
Not at all. They teach the kids to despise the far right and alt right view of America.

"He did however fail by sending those helicopters into the sand like that."

The helicopters were flying at the end of their supply line, and the failure was on the two pilots and the air guidance system that broke down.

Or great weakness and incompetence.
America is the only country I know of that being a coward and a pushover is celebrated.
nah, there's all of europe too.
I've been there.....uh-uh.

This is the only country i know of that literally celebrates weakness.
Why is that?

It's the only country that let's people that hate us teach our kids to hate the United States and it's founders.
the operative word is let, or allow. that comes with the high price of defending ourselves and those other nations under our protective defense umbrella. they could give more back. people talk about how great european life is, how civilised.

the high price of defending those other nations under our protective defense umbrella is a lot, when we need the dough here at home to fix security and black lives genocide everyday in chicago. there are so many other inner cities plagued by this, but let's start with my home town in chicago. please and soon.

we allow our parents to teach their kids as they see fit because other countries don't.
we can always be strong as a nation and still have great political dissent. everyone was on the same page on 911. the first one, not benghazi.
Dissent is one thing.

These people train our kids to despise America.
Not at all. They teach the kids to despise the far right and alt right view of America.
no, actually they teach kids to hate the country and they teach white kids to hate themselves while giving the other race kids justification for attacking the white kids.
Its really not helpful at all.

The helicopters were flying at the end of their supply line, and the failure was on the two pilots and the air guidance system that broke down.
Bullshit. The failure was to send an ill-equipped, poorly maintained force into a hostile nation. That's as sure a failure of leadership as My Lai. You can blame the dead because they can't speak, but my experiences at the time and upon reflection now the above to be true.

Ill give you credit here, most people attribute Reagan with the release of the hostages
It might have been, but since they were released so quickly after he became president I suspect that the hostages were being held to discredit Carter as retaliation for his sanctions, and the release was meant to make Ronnie look good.
at any rate, I still think that it was Carters sanctions that finally broke them. 444 days is a long time to be a hostage though. He did however fail by sending those helicopters into the sand like that.
The rescue mission was a disaster and Carter took the blame for it

Amazing the small differences between a successful mission and a disaster. Obamas bin Laden mission was considered a major success. But one of the helicopters crashed on the wall of the compound. A few feet either way and dozens of SEALS could have been killed

Bullshit. The failure was to send an ill-equipped, poorly maintained force into a hostile nation. That's as sure a failure of leadership as My Lai. You can blame the dead because they can't speak, but my experiences at the time and upon reflection now the above to be true.
Oh, shut up, you were not there. Carter was not at fault. The command group threw together on a shoe string an operation that was poorly organized with less than stellar equipment. The men, from the colonel, both on the strike force and the two back up groups, one in ____ and one at sea, were superb warriors. That's all you need to know: equipment strained beyond limits and a pilot's error (which may not have been avoidable).

Amazing the small differences between a successful mission and a disaster. Obamas bin Laden mission was considered a major success. But one of the helicopters crashed on the wall of the compound. A few feet either way and dozens of SEALS could have been killed
That's what it means to be the CiC. Remember Truman's "The Buck Stops Here"? Being the Commander in Chief means it's his responsibility. If the mission fails, it's his fault for calling it. If it succeeds, it means he get to pin the medals and give the credit to those who actually completed the mission.

Oh, shut up, you were not there. Carter was not at fault. The command group threw together on a shoe string an operation that was poorly organized with less than stellar equipment. The men, from the colonel, both on the strike force and the two back up groups, one in ____ and one at sea, were superb warriors. That's all you need to know: equipment strained beyond limits and a pilot's error (which may not have been avoidable).
I was in the Marine Corps at the time. I doubt you were old enough to vote, much less be in the service. Insult away, tell me to shut up or go fuck myself all you like, but the fact remains it was an ill-conceived and ill-supported mission. President Carter was the Commander in Chief and the failure was his responsibility. For you to blame the dead for the failure is both dishonorable and disrespectful of all who served on the mission.

That's what it means to be the CiC. Remember Truman's "The Buck Stops Here"? Being the Commander in Chief means it's his responsibility. If the mission fails, it's his fault for calling it. If it succeeds, it means he get to pin the medals and give the credit to those who actually completed the mission.
With Hillary it's "I fell down and I couldn't get up"...

the buck stop here is a great campaign slogan but the reality is that even the president cant control specific actions during war. He can get with his generals and work up a plan and he can approve it, but he does not pick the specific players. He also is not able to predict unforeseen or unplanned events that may or may not come about during any mission.
His buck stopped when he approved the mission as suggested by his advisers.
the only way the CIC could be considered at fault for things going wrong, unplanned things, would be if he put his old ass in the seat of the copter and lead the rescue himself. Im pretty sure he did not do that.
I personally did not like him as a president at the time, or as I reflect back years later, but in all fairness, he did, I think, everything he could do to get the hostages back alive.
Easy as shit to sit at my computer 30 years later knowing everything (that they tell us) that went wrong and suggest these things should have been considered, I am going out on a limb to say, the situation might be different if I had to have been the one making these decisions while the event was in play.
Still didnt like him though.I did like Reagan except for that horrific error of amnisty. Looking back (again) He should have known it was going to open a flood gate of illegals hoping to be here the next time it happened. But, looking back, we now have to realize that even suggesting its going to happen is going to cause a mad rush for our border. hillary knows this, and hillary is counting on it to increase the democrats numbers. She is selling out the country but this time she has the advantage of history to show her its a mistake, and she is going to do it anyway.
But back to Carter, the plan may have failed but I still think he tried and he showed the leadership that we expect from our president.

Forum List

Back