Texas bar owner organizes 'Bar Lives Matter' concert in protest of governor's orders.

A. Only if we can revoke the Second Amendment
Nobody wants to take your guns, people. Nothing to see here.
:laughing0301:

Well you didn't use my entire post, typical of a trumpster; but that bad faith only suggests your inability to think outside your biases and understand the meaning easily inferred by someone with an open mind. The part you left out was based on the post which suggested non violent protesters could have their license to protest revoked, which would mean the First Amendment would be violated.

To bad you can't comprehend sarcasm, I suppose not only are you incapable of thinking outside the box, you seem unable to actually think. Thinking is a process, maybe you didn't know that too.

Instant testing would help, for covid and for antibodies.... bar owners let covid free and covid immune in to get as drunk as they want....

We are not using testing in a manner that could help restaurants and bars, during these perilous times, and we need to....

Shutting down and opening, then shutting down again and reopening, just doesn't cut it....

Keeping this shit up isn't cutting it. I'm sick of having nothing but fucking work and home to do. Mental health is just as important as physical health, and I guarantee there are plenty of people like me ready to fucking pop.

But of course protesters can take over fucking streets, and NYC can INTENTIONALLY NOT ASK PEOPLE ABOUT IT so they can say "its not the protests!!!"

Fuck all of them.
Poor baby, so sorry you can't handle the ups and downs in life.... as you get older, it gets easier....
Why should we care if you can't hack a virus that is no more dangerous than the common cold?

Second dumbest comment of the decade.

Instant testing would help, for covid and for antibodies.... bar owners let covid free and covid immune in to get as drunk as they want....

We are not using testing in a manner that could help restaurants and bars, during these perilous times, and we need to....

Shutting down and opening, then shutting down again and reopening, just doesn't cut it....

Keeping this shit up isn't cutting it. I'm sick of having nothing but fucking work and home to do. Mental health is just as important as physical health, and I guarantee there are plenty of people like me ready to fucking pop.

But of course protesters can take over fucking streets, and NYC can INTENTIONALLY NOT ASK PEOPLE ABOUT IT so they can say "its not the protests!!!"

Fuck all of them.
Poor baby, so sorry you can't handle the ups and downs in life.... as you get older, it gets easier....
Maybe you should talk to the BLM crown and the antifa soibois. Tell them that they need to get used to handling their lives up and downs.
If this thread were about blm protesting, and a blm person was talking with me, I'd have no problem telling them what I think..... I always say what I think..... :)
Neither do I. The whole virus thing is a joke. This policy of closing things down does far more harm than the virus iteself.

Hope he gets sick and dies like all those skeptical pastors did. Then we can all laugh at his stupidity.

The Darwin Awards really have their hands full this year.

Don't mess with Texas.

A Texas bar owner who is one of several currently suing Gov. Greg Abbott (R) over reimposed restrictions on bars organized a “Bar Lives Matter” concert and protest Sunday.

Tee Allen Parker, owner of The Machine Shed Bar & Grill in Kilgore, about two hours southeast of Dallas, hosted the gathering outside the bar Sunday. A second protest is planned on the steps of the capitol in Austin Tuesday, according to KLTV, a local ABC affiliate.

“You can’t tell me that my tiny little bar is the problem. He’s the problem,” Parker, who is one of multiple Texas bar owners who have banned the wearing of masks in their establishments, said of Abbott in an interview with The Washington Post. “He’s targeting us, and it’s discrimination.”

And Trump supporters wonder why they have a reputation of being stupid.

Don't mess with Texas.

A Texas bar owner who is one of several currently suing Gov. Greg Abbott (R) over reimposed restrictions on bars organized a “Bar Lives Matter” concert and protest Sunday.

Tee Allen Parker, owner of The Machine Shed Bar & Grill in Kilgore, about two hours southeast of Dallas, hosted the gathering outside the bar Sunday. A second protest is planned on the steps of the capitol in Austin Tuesday, according to KLTV, a local ABC affiliate.

“You can’t tell me that my tiny little bar is the problem. He’s the problem,” Parker, who is one of multiple Texas bar owners who have banned the wearing of masks in their establishments, said of Abbott in an interview with The Washington Post. “He’s targeting us, and it’s discrimination.”

Revoke the jerks Liquor License.

Fuck yourself up your ass.

Seriously, I want to be able to go out and get a fucking drink and socialize. We've flattened the fucking curve, time to admit that people are going to have to get this shit, get immune responses, and begin to get herd immunity.
The curve hasn't flattened, it's drastically rising. Herd immunity is an unproven theory. Factual science vs. ignorance.

Herd immunity is the basis of being able to protect people who can't get vaccinated.

What are the hospitalization rates? What are the ICU rates?

Are we supposed to stay inside for two fucking years?
Europeans have gotten the virus under enough control for slowly and carefully be opening small businesses to the public. Responsible, rational, disciplined science-based policies have paid off. Here, we had irresponsible, irrational, undisciplined Trumpian based policies that set us back.

Can you actually detail the differences in policies, or are you just assuming?

And since most of the real spread has been in Democrat controlled cities, why are you blaming Trump?
Ya, they followed crowd limits, distancing, and mask rules. Most Ameican bars seemed to ignore all of those rules. In my area, restaurants, and bars mostly followed strict rules. In fact, both greatly increased appetizer sales. Folks would order appetizers with their drinks. So, people were able to spend more time drinking and having fun.

According to who? That's the best you got?

I noticed no link with actual evidence.

We used to be able to work through problems... figure things out...

My testing idea, is a solution to keeping bars opened, and the population at large, safer...

How hard is it to do such a small thing of having these instant tests, accurate, and readily available to bars and restaurants? It could save their businesses and bring them back to life, from this inevitable death.

Trump, and all around him, take one every morning....?

STOP being defeatist.... And crybabies.... figure out a solution...

All retail stores could use these tests... business...the economy, will be the better for it...

All businesses, would be too, if they could do the same for their employees...

Until we reach herd immunity, via a vaccine.

Do you think this is a movie and those tests can be invented in a 2-1/2 hour time period?

Not only invented, but perfected?

We can get to herd immunity as well by letting the people best able to fight this get exposed and thin out the transmission vectors.

Don't mess with Texas.

Revoke the jerks Liquor License.

Fuck yourself up your ass.

Seriously, I want to be able to go out and get a fucking drink and socialize. We've flattened the fucking curve, time to admit that people are going to have to get this shit, get immune responses, and begin to get herd immunity.
The curve hasn't flattened, it's drastically rising. Herd immunity is an unproven theory. Factual science vs. ignorance.

Herd immunity is the basis of being able to protect people who can't get vaccinated.

What are the hospitalization rates? What are the ICU rates?

Are we supposed to stay inside for two fucking years?
Europeans have gotten the virus under enough control for slowly and carefully be opening small businesses to the public. Responsible, rational, disciplined science-based policies have paid off. Here, we had irresponsible, irrational, undisciplined Trumpian based policies that set us back.

Can you actually detail the differences in policies, or are you just assuming?

And since most of the real spread has been in Democrat controlled cities, why are you blaming Trump?

Europeans are much better educated, lots smarter and more responsible then muttonheads like you, and the others who believe Trump is an expert on everything under the sun and the moon.

Lol, have you ever been to Italy?

My testing idea, is a solution to keeping bars opened, and the population at large, safer...

How hard is it to do such a small thing of having these instant tests, accurate, and readily available to bars and restaurants? It could save their businesses and bring them back to life, from this inevitable death.

All retail stores could use these tests... business...the economy, will be the better for it...

Do you think this is a movie and those tests can be invented in a 2-1/2 hour time period?

We can get to herd immunity as well by letting the people best able to fight this get exposed and thin out the transmission vectors.
Marty, there are 90 MILLION Seniors and medically compromised people at high risk.... that's no small change.... And it is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve herd immunity naturally without killing @least 10% to 20% of them... 9 to 18 million dead and a whole bunch of others really sick, for quite a while....

Herd immunity with this virus naturally spells massive massive deaths....

It's the whole purpose of creating a vaccine and achieving herd immunity through inoculation. With a vaccine, a measured small and controlled amount of the virus, usually dead virus is used.... where those getting the vaccine, are not highly infectious, while achieving this antibody or herd immunity.... You don't have to kill off the vulnerable old folks and sick to do it.

Put your big boys pants on, and deal with it.

Marty, there are 90 MILLION Seniors and medically compromised people at high risk.... that's no small change.... And it is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve herd immunity naturally without killing @least 10% to 20% of them... 9 to 18 million dead and a whole bunch of others really sick, for quite a while....

Herd immunity with this virus naturally spells massive massive deaths....

It's the whole purpose of creating a vaccine and achieving herd immunity through inoculation. With a vaccine, a measured small and controlled amount of the virus, usually dead virus is used.... where those getting the vaccine, are not highly infectious, while achieving this antibody or herd immunity.... You don't have to kill off the vulnerable old folks and sick to do it.

Put your big boys pants on, and deal with it.

Your numbers are inflated, I wonder why.....

What if a vaccine is two years out?

You probably don't have what you like to do being impacted, you probably have other people around you at home.

I don't. A lot of my enjoyment and stress relief comes from going out to things like bars, travelling and going to bars, and just being out and about.

And if you really cared about what happens to older people you would be bitching about what Cuomo did by not suspending the "take them back" rule for nursing homes.

But you don't, but I bet you blame Trump for all sorts of stuff related to this.

I am willing to risk my own health, and plenty of people do that all the time, now all of a sudden you are demanding zero risk.

It shows you don't understand how things work, or don't care beyond being able to virtue signal by saying "follow the rules like a good little Nazi"

They've had 6 months to create them....

If some actual leadership and thought and planning for the 'what ifs' in a bad case scenario would have been done from the get go, we would NOT be in this situation. PERIOD.

If some actual leadership and thought and planning for the 'what ifs' in a bad case scenario would have been done from the get go, we would NOT be in this situation. PERIOD.

You don't know that, you just assume that because it helps you BLAME TRUMP.

Fuck all of them.

When protestors, looters and rioters take to the streets with maybe 50-60 percent wearing masks and the 6 foot social distance is ignored, there is silence on the potential for spikes in the virus. Yet, when people want to go sit in a bar or restaurant, all hell breaks lose.

Fuck all of them.

When protestors, looters and rioters take to the streets with maybe 50-60 percent wearing masks and the 6 foot social distance is ignored, there is silence on the potential for spikes in the virus. Yet, when people want to go sit in a bar or restaurant, all hell breaks lose.

And remember you are only seeing what the Media wants you to see, so you don't see them sans masks when on the side coordinating, or after congregating, or before when planning.

Fuck all of them.

And remember you are only seeing what the Media wants you to see, so you don't see them sans masks when on the side coordinating, or after congregating, or before when planning.

Yep.... somehow the media went silent on the lack of masks and social distancing during the protests but now that the protests have diminished, the media wants to wag its finger again.

The underlying root of the mitigations debate, masks, lockdowns, distancing, remains the same but kept in whispers and quiet. Acceptable casualties. How many are we willing to accept?

Fuck all of them.

Science says it is 9 TIMES less likely to catch the virus outdoors vs indoor. Then add to that protection....half or more were wearing masks which reduces spread even more....

I agree with y'all that the Floyd and Brooks protests had to have added to community spread of this virus! There were just so, so many people!

My only hope is that due to being outdoors etc, it's fewer than my worst fears.

P.S. I've never seen news reporters off camera, not wearing masks if they did not have the 6ft of separation from another person.

I've given up on president Trump ever being a good Leader, long long ago... but there are lots of leaders in his administration of the various agencies that handles pandemic preparedness, who should be thinking ahead on these type of things....

Our tax dollars pay for it.

And what about the 2nd possible surge coinciding with the flu, in the Fall.... once again, doubly over flowing our hospitals, so much so, that people with heart attacks, strokes, needing kidney transplants, and chemo treatments, or cancer detection tests that get left by the wayside? This affects everyone...

What are we doing now to prepare for it? To make the hospital system work better?
What have we done to gather the personal protection supplies?
What have we done to increase testing supplies

and what have we done on accurate instant testing...?

Instant testing is what can keep another complete shutdown from happening.... it should be a priority!!!

You probably don't have what you like to do being impacted, you probably have other people around you at home.

I don't. A lot of my enjoyment and stress relief comes from going out to things like bars, travelling and going to bars, and just being out and about.

And if you really cared about what happens to older people you would be bitching about what Cuomo did by not suspending the "take them back" rule for nursing homes.
I'm sorry, I did not know you were single... I'd likely be going bonkers if I were younger and single, going through these lockdown too!

It's time to rethink everything Marty, in order to make it work, during virus periods.... it's my understanding we are heading in to an age of a whole bunch of new viruses and increased deadly pandemics....

We can limit our liabilities, if we would just prepare for them...

And not just at the gvt level.... but corporations, and small businesses, and hospital networks, and schooling etc etc etc...

How do we keep the economic engines running, through these periods?

A set of rules for normal periods, and a set for pandemics, that we all know ahead of time... like switching the switch to home schooling over the net, or small businesses being ready with an online presence to sell their goods, and the local mechanic' s shop kept open by the mechanics wearing masks.... everyone needs to create their own plans....

And this needs to start now... these rolling spikes are here to stay...we need to get moving on these things...

Can bars move to more outdoor settings? Would a good Heppa filter system or air exchange system in the bar make it safer?

Instant testing?

Can a mask be created that has a flap opening to fit a straw, for your drink? :rofl: I dunno? I just know that we can do this... have a decent economy and keep people safer, if we put our minds to it!!!

And socializing could be rethought, maybe it's getting with friends to drink... only spread out on the front stoop or front yard, with separation, and everyone bringing a small cooler and their own booze.... that's what they do up here in some towns... neighbors meet every night for cocktails at 7pm, pull out their lawn chairs and coolers and toast their neighbors across the way.... just to say hi, during the lockdown.

------

Cuomo followed CDC guidelines on nursing home residents being returned. So did other states.

The percentage killed in nursing homes is no greater in his state, than any others.

You're barking up the wrong tree on that...

Last edited:

I've given up on president Trump ever being a good Leader, long long ago... but there are lots of leaders in his administration of the various agencies that handles pandemic preparedness, who should be thinking ahead on these type of things....

Our tax dollars pay for it.

And what about the 2nd possible surge coinciding with the flu, in the Fall.... once again, doubly over flowing our hospitals, so much so, that people with heart attacks, strokes, needing kidney transplants, and chemo treatments, or cancer detection tests that get left by the wayside? This affects everyone...

What are we doing now to prepare for it? To make the hospital system work better?
What have we done to gather the personal protection supplies?
What have we done to increase testing supplies

and what have we done on accurate instant testing...?

Instant testing is what can keep another complete shutdown from happening.... it should be a priority!!!

Is it even possible? Again are you thinking movie tech or actual tech?

Forum List

Back