Texas bans not carrying a gun

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
1695734295793.png

Austin Texas -- In response to the New Mexico governor Michelle Lujan Grisham banning guns in her state, Governor Greg Abbott has decided to make it mandatory for everyone to carry a gun in Texas. Governor Abbott was quoted as saying, "So, if the right to bear arms is a Constitutional right, it is a right government has to ensure so that they can practice that right. It's like health care. Democrats say that health is a human right, so the state must buy it for them, therefore, guns should be no different. The government will buy every Texan a gun who does not currently own one."

1695734699582.png

Mayor Kirk Watson, however, objected to the gun mandate stating, "As a democrat, I have done my levelheaded best to use Austin Texas as a launching board to slowly turn the state completely blue, you know, kind of like a cancer that spreads throughout its host until the host dies, however, this mandate is not tolerable. We may have to secede from Texas entirely instead and simply allow more immigrants into Texas finish the job for us"

Last edited:
As a gun owner and gun rights supporter, I cannot support this. I do not believe the gov't at any level can or should force anyone to carry a gun, and I wonder if that requirement would be constitutional.

Forum List

Back