Texas Atty Gen. Ken Paxton Gets Involved After Plano Police Officer Allows BLM-Antifa to Illegally Block Traffic, Brandishing Weapon

Blocked traffic. Are you dumb or blind?
Seems they had a permit, no?

A permit to block traffic? Who exactly issues that? LOL

Depends where the street is, but cities routinely issue permits to block traffic for parades, street fairs, all sorts of things. One of the reasons is so that they know ahead of time and can arrange for the police to safely detour traffic around the area.
Those”blockades” are not punitive in nature and in fact convey benefits
Apples to oranges.

Well, had these people applied for a permit for a protest march, it wouldn't have been punitive in nature, either . . . which, I assume, is the reason they DIDN'T go about it the legal way.

You still can't block traffic dumbfuck.
If they have a permit... It's likely that yes they can. How do you think parades do it?

Point is here... If it was city sanctioned... That should be known. I would want to know that if I was a voter there. Because then I would be trying to recall pretty damn quick.

Why? Is it ok for a parade to block a street but not a protest when both have permits?

Did the protest HAVE a permit? If you don't know, don't waste our time leaping to, "I'm sure they did, because I want to defend them no matter what!" Your excuses on behalf of garbage, like the garbage themselves, are not something decent people have any time for.

How do you get a permit to stand in the street blocking traffic and tying up an intersection, you shithead?
derek-chauvin copy.jpg

So they were pointing weapons at people?
The Plano PD say it was a taser

If anyone was killed or wounded on either side the cop and his chain of command should be fired

And that includes the city manager and chief of police

The Plano PD has apparently said a number of different things about what it was, depending on which conversation one refers to.

Governor DeSantis in the Free State of Florida recently signed a law to deal with situations like this.

Orange cultists will come from thousands of miles away in order to run people over for fun.

Is it really that hard for you to just stay out of the fucking street? I mean, even YOU should be able to handle the intellectual complexity of THAT.
You of ALL Peeps should avoid the topic of “intellectual complexity” ;)

Depends where the street is, but cities routinely issue permits to block traffic for parades, street fairs, all sorts of things. One of the reasons is so that they know ahead of time and can arrange for the police to safely detour traffic around the area.

And because no detour had been set up, no "permit" had been given. And the permit isn't to block traffic, its to hold an event. The event might block traffic but you can't get a permit in ANY city to simply block traffic.

This all happened less than 10 miles from me and we didn't hear about it for a full week.

Why was this kept quite in Texas? What could POSSIBLY go wrong if we were made aware of this protest/riot/roadblock bullshit?

:auiqs.jpg:

I know this intersection very well. It's about 5 miles from my home.

View attachment 488386

Left under the 121 overpass (the 121 tollway straight ahead) is Stonebriar Mall. I live in the neighborhoods to the right.

I didn't hear a word about this happening. It was pretty hush hush.
that's 121? right down the highway from me and i didn't know it either til all this broke the other day.
They didn't want us showing up and ruining their photo-op. They know better than to advertise that shit in our hood.
:beer:
i didn't even look to see what part of plano that happened in but wow. right off 121.
Right there in front of Total Wine, across from Stonebriar in Frisco. I think that is the Frisco/Plano border.

And because no detour had been set up, no "permit" had been given. And the permit isn't to block traffic, its to hold an event. The event might block traffic but you can't get a permit in ANY city to simply block traffic.
But....but....but....the Russians can????

Apples to oranges.

Well, had these people applied for a permit for a protest march, it wouldn't have been punitive in nature, either . . . which, I assume, is the reason they DIDN'T go about it the legal way.

Sooo wats stopping u Cissy? Go find a riot near you & do what ya gotta do!

Apples to oranges.

AssUMe?

1620858361396.jpeg

Paxton's time in office is limited.
You agree with BLM and what they did here?
The guy seemed to be begging to get his ass kicked. The cop saved him.
That's not what I asked. Do you agree that BLM has the right to shut down a road willy nilly? And then attack someone for being upset that they did it?
They didn't attack the guy.

Shutting down the road for 7 minutes, with nothing broken and no one harmed, is not the end of democracy as we know it. Chill out.

Governor DeSantis in the Free State of Florida recently signed a law to deal with situations like this.

Orange cultists will come from thousands of miles away in order to run people over for fun.

Is it really that hard for you to just stay out of the fucking street? I mean, even YOU should be able to handle the intellectual complexity of THAT.
You of ALL Peeps should avoid the topic of “intellectual complexity” ;)

How do you get a permit to stand in the street blocking traffic and tying up an intersection? You can't, and people who can't admit that resort to ad hominems instead.

Well, no, the stated purpose for the permit is never to block traffic; but blocking traffic is one of the primary reasons the municipality requires you to get a permit for an event.

What did #BlackLivesMatter do?
One cop. What's he going to do, put them all in the back seat of his cruiser?

Enact retarded legislation, watch it be ignored.

Um, the answer would be, "Call for other cops." I'm guessing that Plano, Texas, has more than one cop on the force. Hell, even Mayberry had two.

Paxton's time in office is limited.
The guy seemed to be begging to get his ass kicked. The cop saved him.
That's not what I asked. Do you agree that BLM has the right to shut down a road willy nilly? And then attack someone for being upset that they did it?
They didn't attack the guy.

Shutting down the road for 7 minutes, with nothing broken and no one harmed, is not the end of democracy as we know it. Chill out.

Yeah, nothing that you agree with - and that is happening to people who aren't you - is ever "the end of democracy as we know it", and therefore should be utterly ignored and allowed to continue.

Typical leftist "all or nothing" argument, and typically as useless as always.

You know how you get to "the end of democracy as we know it", Puddinghead? By a long, gradual path of things that "aren't the end of democracy as we know it, so just chill out and let it happen."

Fucking moron.

Um, the answer would be, "Call for other cops." I'm guessing that Plano, Texas, has more than one cop on the force. Hell, even Mayberry had two.
You seriously think all those people should have been arrested? They obviously cooperated with the police, clearing the road in under 10 minutes. I imagined that law was for serious protests of hundreds blocking traffic for hours.

You seriously think all those people should have been arrested? They obviously cooperated with the police, clearing the road in under 10 minutes. I imagined that law was for serious protests of hundreds blocking traffic for hours.
If a rapist sticks his dick in you, is it less of a crime if he doesn't keep it there very long then?
Not a big deal?
Not worth getting all excited and arresting anyone for?

How about if he sticks it in your daughter?

You still good with it?

They could have been given court summons for disorderly. Make them show up in court in front of a judge and defend their behavior. Failure to appear equals warrant.

Forum List

Back