Texas Abortion law stands

White farmers were dirt poor themselves and did on no way benefit from slavery

Now you will call them stupid

But as I pointed out slavery was not the big issue with them that libs think it was
I didn't call them stupid. I called them traitors. Don't people fight to defend their Constitution?

Don't we fight in wars to defend our Constitution?
We do

The confederates fought for the Constitution in numerous wars

They had a legal right to leave the union

But as always, might makes right

We do

The confederates fought for the Constitution in numerous wars

They had a legal right to leave the union

But as always, might makes right
But you said the "farmers" didn't fight for slavery; but the Constitution they fought for enshrined slavery. It not only established slavery as legal, it not only ensured new states in the Confederacy would be slave states, it prohibited Congress from passing legislation to ban it in any state or territory of the Confederacy.

So despite your denial that they fought for slavery, they absolutely did.

But you said the "farmers" didn't fight for slavery; but the Constitution they fought for enshrined slavery. It not only established slavery as legal, it not only ensured new states in the Confederacy would be slave states, it prohibited Congress from passing legislation to ban it in any state or territory of the Confederacy.

So despite your denial that they fought for slavery, they absolutely did.
You are babbling nonsense now

What you are saying is that union soldiers fought for slavery too

You are babbling nonsense now

What you are saying is that union soldiers fought for slavery too
Who knows what I said that leads you to believe I said the Union for for slavery?? :cuckoo:

But the Confederacy did. That includes everyone who fought on their side, even if they themselves didn't happen to own slaves.

You said yourself, they fought for their Constitution.

Who knows what I said that leads you to believe I said the Union for for slavery??
The civil war was not the first war that northern soldiers fought in
And in those wars slavery was legal

The civil war was not the first war that northern soldiers fought in
And in those wars slavery was legal
And by the time of the Civil War, those attitudes had changed in the north. The north became abolitionist. It's why the south seceded. To ensure they could keep their slaves. Then they fought to remain separate and enshrine slavery in their Constitution so they could preserve the institution of slavery. And all Confederate soldiers fought for that.

And by the time of the Civil War, those attitudes had changed in the north.
Not really

Northern soldiers were motivated by the same family/neighbors/state that southern soldiers fought for

Plus preserving the Union

As the war wore on slavery did become a cause at least to a limited degree

But if it was only slavery the average northern soldier would have cared

Not really

Northern soldiers were motivated by the same family/neighbors/state that southern soldiers fought for

Plus preserving the Union

As the war wore on slavery did become a cause at least to a limited degree

But if it was only slavery the average northern soldier would have cared
You're lying again. Slavery was the reason for the Confederacy secession and the Civil War was to preserve the Confederacy. It wasn't only as the war wore on. And yes, the north fought to preserve the U.S. Constitution and keep the nation whole. Whereas the south fought to separate from the north and enshrine slavery into their Constitution.

You're lying again. Slavery was the reason for the Confederacy secession and the Civil War was to preserve the Confederacy.
Slavery was an issue

So was gold and silver and tariffs

Plus the South was never as committed to revolution as the north was

Slavery was an issue

So was gold and silver and tariffs

Plus the South was never as committed to revolution as the north was
Slavery was the number one issue.

They even enshrined it in their constitution. They didn't include anything about gold, silver or tariffs.

That's what they fought for.

Slavery was the number one issue.

They even enshrined it in their constitution. They didn't include anything about gold, silver or tariffs.

That's what they fought for.
What that means is that slaveholders instead of small farmers wrote the CSA constitution

Forum List

Back