Texas Abortion law stands

What that means is that slaveholders instead of small farmers wrote the CSA constitution
So? The farmers still fought for their Constitution which enshrined slavery.

So? The farmers still fought for their Constitution which enshrined slavery.
Are there any middle relievers in your bullpen?

Because your starting pitching is in trouble

Confederate soldiers fought for their family, neighbors and their state

Slavery was not an issue for them

Are there any middle relievers in your bullpen?

Because your starting pitching is in trouble

Confederate soldiers fought for their family, neighbors and their state

Slavery was not an issue for them
They fought for their constitution. You said so yourself...

Don't we fight in wars to defend our Constitution?
We do

The confederates fought for the Constitution in numerous wars

And so did the union soldiers when slavery was still legal
False. The U.S. Constitution did not enshrine slavery. It neither protected nor endorsed slavery. So no, Union soldiers did not fight for slavery.

False. The U.S. Constitution did not enshrine slavery. It neither protected nor endorsed slavery. So no, Union soldiers did not fight for slavery.
Slavery was legal under the Constitution

Slavery was legal under the Constitution
But the Constitution didn't enshrine, protect or endorse it. As a result, there were stares in the north which banned it. Something prohibited by the Confederacy's constitution, which made slavery permanent and prohibited states from banning it. So while I note your desperation, Union soldiers were not fighting for slavery. Confederate soldiers were.

But the Constitution didn't enshrine, protect or endorse it. As a result, there were stares in the north which banned it. Something prohibited by the Confederacy's constitution, which made slavery permanent and prohibited states from banning it. So while I note your desperation, Union soldiers were not fighting for slavery. Confederate soldiers were.
You are wasting my time by playing a weak game of Gotcha

The Confederate soldiers were brave and honorable men and trying to demonize them 150 years late shows desperation on your part

The Confederate soldiers were brave and honorable men and trying to demonize them 150 years late shows desperation on your part
It's not a gotcha game. They were fighting to preserve slavery. For some reason, you're hell bent on denying that.

Brave and honorable men willing to die so their betters didn’t have to pay the help.

But only one side enshrined slavery in their Constitution. Confederate soldiers fought for that.
I see you never heard of the 3/5ths compromise which was part of the US Constitution during the Civil War

I see you never heard of the 3/5ths compromise which was part of the US Constitution during the Civil War

That was in terms of apportioning seats in Congress, it didn't endorse or protect slavery as states were free to ban slavery if they wanted to; and some did.

But the Confederacy made slavery permanent within Confederate states, Confederate territories, and states admitted into the Confederacy. That's what Confederate soldiers fought for. You lied when you denied they fought for slavery.

That was in terms of apportioning seats in Congress, it didn't endorse or protect slavery as states were free to ban slavery if they wanted to; and some did.
Of course the constitution recognized and allowed slavery

Of course the constitution recognized and allowed slavery
I didn't say it didn't. It allowed the states to decide for themselves and northern state were banning it. That's what Union soldiers fought for.

The South enshrined slavery in the Constitution and prohibited banning it, making it permanent in ALL Confederate states and territories. That's what Confederate soldiers fought for.

I didn't say it didn't. It allowed the states to decide for themselves and northern state were banning it. That's what Union soldiers fought for.
Not all states that remained in the union and fought on the union side banned slavery

Not all states that remained in the union and fought on the union side banned slavery
So? The U.S. Constitution still didn't institutionalize slavery. The Confederacy's Constitution did. Slavery in the north was vanishing and fighting with the south over that issue. So the south seceded to keep their slaves. That's what Confederate soldiers fought for. And they're heroes to you. How sad.

New Topics

Forum List

Back