Tesla’s Elon Musk: ‘Population collapse’ is ‘biggest problem’ facing world

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
If true, then do we still need to build the wall?

'The “biggest problem” facing the world is not population explosion, but “population collapse,” said Tesla CEO and billionaire Elon Musk.

Musk made the comment in a live-streamed debate with Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. chairman Jack Ma in at the August 29 World Artificial Intelligence Conference in Shanghai.

When Ma reflected on the low birth rate in China — which formerly had a one-child policy but now has a two-child policy — Musk agreed that there is a “birth rate” problem.

“Most people think we have too many people on the planet, but actually this is an outdated view,” said Musk.

“Assuming that AI (artificial intelligence) is fine — we’re assuming there’s a benevolent future with AI — I think the biggest problem the world will face in 20 years is population collapse,” he continued.

“Collapse: I want to emphasize this. The biggest issue in 20 years will be population collapse, not explosion, collapse,” he added.

Ma said in response: “I absolutely agree with that, the population will be facing a huge challenge.”

Musk said the “accelerating collapse” will not be able to be checked by immigration.

“The common rebuttal is: ‘Well, what about immigration?’” he said.

“Like from where?” he added.'

Humanity hasn't ever been sustainable

81AP0OEnKwL.jpg

~S~

'The “biggest problem” facing the world is not population explosion, but “population collapse,” said Tesla CEO and billionaire Elon Musk.

Musk made the comment in a live-streamed debate with Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. chairman Jack Ma in at the August 29 World Artificial Intelligence Conference in Shanghai.

When Ma reflected on the low birth rate in China — which formerly had a one-child policy but now has a two-child policy — Musk agreed that there is a “birth rate” problem.

“Most people think we have too many people on the planet, but actually this is an outdated view,” said Musk.

“Assuming that AI (artificial intelligence) is fine — we’re assuming there’s a benevolent future with AI — I think the biggest problem the world will face in 20 years is population collapse,” he continued.

“Collapse: I want to emphasize this. The biggest issue in 20 years will be population collapse, not explosion, collapse,” he added.

Ma said in response: “I absolutely agree with that, the population will be facing a huge challenge.”

Musk said the “accelerating collapse” will not be able to be checked by immigration.

Musk is a brilliant idiot. The dude is rich as hell but he has major problems.

I've got 6 kids and another one on the way that I know about. And because of my promiscuity and frequent donations to the sperm bank, I've no doubt fathered a hell of a lot more than that.

So you can't blame me for a population collapse.

Everyone is using the term AI far too much.
There are no sentient computers.

A less crowed world sounds wonderful to me. Its why I avoid living in an urban area.
A society gets too big and it drowns in its own inefficiency.

BS-he's high. We are using up resources-water, land, fuel, and the illegal menace from the south has not stopped-tell us where we are short people and we will send the 22 million worthless illegals we have in America!

I've got 6 kids and another one on the way that I know about. And because of my promiscuity and frequent donations to the sperm bank, I've no doubt fathered a hell of a lot more than that.

So you can't blame me for a population collapse.

No, we can blame you for lack of support. You need to support your children. That comes off the top first.

One thing is certain, birth control and abortions have is giving Americans a very low population growth rate.

Musk is a brilliant idiot. The dude is rich as hell but he has major problems.
Brilliant people are often thought to be idiots un til time proves them right.

Michael Burr's early realization that the Sub-prime markets were going to collapse the housing market brought him almost universal ridicule.

Everyone is using the term AI far too much.
There are no sentient computers.

A less crowed world sounds wonderful to me. Its why I avoid living in an urban area.
A society gets too big and it drowns in its own inefficiency.

It is an issue regarding savings and pensions.

If the growth of the population isn’t high enough, eventually old people won’t get the income and medical care they were promised because there won’t be enough young people to support them.

It is an issue regarding savings and pensions.

If the growth of the population isn’t high enough, eventually old people won’t get the income and medical care they were promised because there won’t be enough young people to support them.
Plus a shrinking consumer population is a death sentence to capitalism as the markets determine the success or failure of capitalism.

I thought a population collapse was good news since we wouldn't have to feed as many people or share as many resources. I guess when you are a CEO and a billionaire you get to smoke anything you want.

I thought a population collapse was good news since we wouldn't have to feed as many people or share as many resources. I guess when you are a CEO and a billionaire you get to smoke anything you want.
But if those people make more food than they consume and have money left over to buy drek…...

Forum List

Back