Tesla’s electric pick up. What say you truck lovers

sorry as i am to inform you that progress demands change....

You get that the very definition of the word 'progress' means something that is better than the thing it replaces?

That 'G.I. Joe' reject is an insult to the memories of Daimler, Benz, Maybach, and Ford,

"You get that the very definition of the word 'progress' means something that is better than the thing it replaces?"

I understand that PROGRESS has given us lamps from walmart that are WORSE than lamps made in the past. And the PASTER you go the better the quality!

So PROGRESS doesn't always give us something better.

Cars made today might be inferior (in many ways) to cars made 50 years ago but cars, in general, are much better than hand carts and oxen.

I would even consider it, and I’m a drop top stick shift sports car kinda guy.Tesla unveils its first electric pickup, the Cybertruck, starting at $39,900
Tesla unveils its first electric pickup, the Cybertruck, starting at $39,900
View attachment 291087

I think......

that even though you love your horses

someday

cars and trucks and highways will be everywhere and if you want to keep up you'll have to adapt and evolve!

sorry as i am to inform you that progress demands change.....

one of these days gas powered vehicles will be off the road and we'll all be using.....something better.....
Yeah, coal fired power plants that will supply electricity for those "something betters", because if everyone is charging cars, then what is going to charge the cell phones, laptops and run your A/C in the house?

Solar? Wind? Talk about old technology....Doesnt work, in a windless night at Christmas....

silly conservative.....

Think the FUTURE!

I have no idea what that "something better" will be but I have no doubt SOMEDAY it will happen.

have you ever seen a science fiction movie?

check out star trek or star wars

they use "something better" in those movies
At one time the future was created, it was called Nuclear, but "some people" decided it was very dangerous and stopped the continuance of it. Abundant electricity and desalinated water. Just want the Dimwitocraps dont want because then their tax on CO2 goes away. Just follow the money.

I would even consider it, and I’m a drop top stick shift sports car kinda guy.Tesla unveils its first electric pickup, the Cybertruck, starting at $39,900
View attachment 291087

I think......

someday

cars and trucks and highways will be everywhere and if you want to keep up you'll have to adapt and evolve!

one of these days gas powered vehicles will be off the road and we'll all be using.....something better.....
Yeah, coal fired power plants that will supply electricity for those "something betters", because if everyone is charging cars, then what is going to charge the cell phones, laptops and run your A/C in the house?

Solar? Wind? Talk about old technology....Doesnt work, in a windless night at Christmas....

silly conservative.....

Think the FUTURE!

I have no idea what that "something better" will be but I have no doubt SOMEDAY it will happen.

At one time the future was created, it was called Nuclear, but "some people" decided it was very dangerous and stopped the continuance of it. Abundant electricity and desalinated water. Just want the Dimwitocraps dont want because then their tax on CO2 goes away. Just follow the money.

dodge all you want.

But someday there will be something better and we'll all be using it.....

flying cars?

someday.........

you do know we actually WENT to the moon, right?

But not in this ...

hqdefault.jpg

View attachment 291087

I think......

someday

silly conservative.....

Think the FUTURE!

dodge all you want.

But someday there will be something better and we'll all be using it.....

flying cars?

someday.........
Just what we need a bunch of idiots flying around, crashing into each other, not only killing themselves but those who are unfortunate to be under them..

Seriously, it's like Musk got coked-up one night, streamed a bunch of bad '80s post-apocalyptic movies, made sketches on cocktail napkins, and told his guys to build this ugly thing.

View attachment 291087
It was designed and engineered by city boys who have never seen a pickup truck.
/——/ Breaking News:
Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck after botched debut

Last edited:
I think it's pretty cool that they designed something that looks different and not like other cars/trucks.

Do I want one? Not really, if I got a pickup I'd want to put a fiberglass cap/topper/whatever you want to call it on and it would look stupid on that one.

I think it's pretty cool that they designed something that looks different and not like other cars/trucks.

Do I want one? Not really, if I got a pickup I'd want to put a fiberglass cap/topper/whatever you want to call it on and it would look stupid on that one.
/——/ There have been many over the top car designs over the century, most flopped but some were successful. The broken glass issue may have been deliberate to get free publicity. Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck after botched debut

/——/ There have been many over the top car designs over the century, most flopped but some were successful. The broken glass issue may have been deliberate to get free publicity. Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck after botched debut
I also think it's kind of pointless as a pickup because it doesn't look like you can fit as much stuff in the back, which is why you'd want a pickup in the first place.

It's kind of like those 70s hybrid car/pickup trucks.

View attachment 291087
It was designed and engineered by city boys who have never seen a pickup truck.
/——/ Breaking News:
Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck after botched debut
Finally, a truck lumbersexuals won't be embarrassed to be seen in!

Most people who want a pickup truck want something that can carry lots of weight and pull a big load. Electric, yeah, great as soon as it is loaded or hauling, the mileage goes to shit. Dont doubt me.

While I personally think that anyone buying a "pickup truck" with a bed shorter than six feet is a fairy, my opinion is obviously in the minority. Even the most humoungous trucks these days are four-door vehicles with pathetic five foot (60 inch) beds. This trend appllies to both full-sized and mid-size trucks.

What appears to matter to pickup buyers is PAYLOAD and TOWING CAPACITY, by which measures the Tesla "doorstop" measures up nicely. Indeed, if you are willing to pay extra for more juice, you can get both payload and towing comparable to the best standard (half-ton) trucks, albeit with dramatically reduced range under load.'

For those who want the traditional eight foot bed, Tesla has no answer. So they walk away from 20% of the customer pool.

While I personally think that anyone buying a "pickup truck" with a bed shorter than six feet is a fairy, my opinion is obviously in the minority. Even the most humoungous trucks these days are four-door vehicles with pathetic five foot (60 inch) beds. This trend appllies to both full-sized and mid-size trucks.

What appears to matter to pickup buyers is PAYLOAD and TOWING CAPACITY, by which measures the Tesla "doorstop" measures up nicely. Indeed, if you are willing to pay extra for more juice, you can get both payload and towing comparable to the best standard (half-ton) trucks, albeit with dramatically reduced range under load.'

For those who want the traditional eight foot bed, Tesla has no answer. So they walk away from 20% of the customer pool.
/——-/ Tesla will gladly take 20% of the market.

Most people who want a pickup truck want something that can carry lots of weight and pull a big load. Electric, yeah, great as soon as it is loaded or hauling, the mileage goes to shit. Dont doubt me.
That hasn't been true for the last two decades, most people who buy a truck these days buy it as a status symbol otherwise trucks wouldn't cost $40 - 50K.

That hasn't been true for the last two decades, most people who buy a truck these days buy it as a status symbol otherwise trucks wouldn't cost $40 - 50K.
/----/ I'm not a truck guy.If all you need is a workhorse, trucks start at less than $19,000 and I'm sure you can get one cheaper.- stripped down to the bare minimum just like the old days.
10 Cheapest New 2018 - 2019 Pickup Trucks - 2019 and 2020 Pickup Trucks

Forum List

Back