Tennessee is SO TAKEI

I don't disagree that it's important to tell/teach children that they are what they are and no one can make them what they are not. But teaching children this isn't the schools job, it's the parents job.

As for not teaching anything about sex at all from K-8? Uh, no. Starting in 5th grade kids need to be taught the biology of what is happening to their bodies - or what will happen within the next few years. Between 5th and 8th grade nearly every female will have gone through puberty, with the boys close behind in their bodily changes. Puberty and the biological function/mechanics of sex should be taught, as well as sex leading to pregnancy. After all that's what sex is primarily for . . . to continue the species. Anything else referring to sex -- religious beliefs, homosexuality, kinky stuff -- simply doesn't belong in the class room. The school's job is to teach the basic biology, not to teach about sexuality. That's what parents are suppose to do.

Homosexuality is a biological fact. There WILL BE gay kids in those K-8th classes (as well as the CHILDREN of gay parents). Imagine a kid who is gay and who cannot talk to their parents about it. In a normal situation they could talk to a trusted teacher about it...but not in TN if this ridiculous law gets passed.

(It's only passed in the Senate. The House won't likely be picking it up until next year)

IF the House ends up passing this in the future and the Gov signs it, it will be immediately challenged as being unconstitutional.

Homosexuality deals with ones sexuality, rather than 'sex'. If you're going to allow teaching about that where does it end? If a child who is questioning their sexuality can't talk to their parents they can always talk to a counselor at school. That's what they're there for.

I don't disagree that it's important to tell/teach children that they are what they are and no one can make them what they are not. But teaching children this isn't the schools job, it's the parents job.

As for not teaching anything about sex at all from K-8? Uh, no. Starting in 5th grade kids need to be taught the biology of what is happening to their bodies - or what will happen within the next few years. Between 5th and 8th grade nearly every female will have gone through puberty, with the boys close behind in their bodily changes. Puberty and the biological function/mechanics of sex should be taught, as well as sex leading to pregnancy. After all that's what sex is primarily for . . . to continue the species. Anything else referring to sex -- religious beliefs, homosexuality, kinky stuff -- simply doesn't belong in the class room. The school's job is to teach the basic biology, not to teach about sexuality. That's what parents are suppose to do.

Homosexuality is a biological fact. There WILL BE gay kids in those K-8th classes (as well as the CHILDREN of gay parents). Imagine a kid who is gay and who cannot talk to their parents about it. In a normal situation they could talk to a trusted teacher about it...but not in TN if this ridiculous law gets passed.

(It's only passed in the Senate. The House won't likely be picking it up until next year)

IF the House ends up passing this in the future and the Gov signs it, it will be immediately challenged as being unconstitutional.

Schools shouldn't be encouraging ANY kids when it comes to sex pre 8th grade, let alone teaching them that its okay to choose to sin. That is a religious matter, best left OUT of schools because you know separation of church and state that you whine about?

And no, teachers can talk to students one on one about anything they want (within logic of course) and no law is going to change that.

Homosexuality deals with ones sexuality, rather than 'sex'. If you're going to allow teaching about that where does it end? If a child who is questioning their sexuality can't talk to their parents they can always talk to a counselor at school. That's what they're there for.

NOT if this law gets passed they can't. That's the WHOLE point.

From the link:

A bill passed Friday by the Tennessee Senate would forbid public school teachers and students in grades kindergarten through eight from discussing the fact that some people are gay.

Doesn't say anything about students not being able to talk to a counselor. That's what counselors are there for . . . so the kids have someone to talk to about their 'issues/problems/struggles'.

If homosexuals really cared about children they wouldn't want to show them their ways.
Some would say the same about illiterate racist fuckwits.
Perversion has nothing to do with race. Equating gay with race is an excuse when you know it is wrong. Gay is a perversion period.

Only simpletons think this is a comparison between gay and race. It is a comparison of discrimination vs discrimination.

(BTW...the women's rights movement wasn't a comparison of sex vs. race either...it was discrimination vs discrimination)

From the link:

A bill passed Friday by the Tennessee Senate would forbid public school teachers and students in grades kindergarten through eight from discussing the fact that some people are gay.

Doesn't say anything about students not being able to talk to a counselor. That's what counselors are there for . . . so the kids have someone to talk to about their 'issues/problems/struggles'.

Counselors ARE teachers more often than not. With school cutbacks, how many schools even HAVE counselors, especially at the K-8th level?

What of the teacher that IS gay? Are they not allowed to say that they are? Violation of free speech don't you think?

Last edited:

From the link:

Counselors ARE teachers more often than not. With school cutbacks, how many schools even HAVE counselors, especially at the K-8th level.

What of the teacher that IS gay. Are they not allowed to say that they are? Violation of free speech don't you think?

And let us not forget, the children with gay parents. Teachers are not allowed to answer any questions from other students in that regard. Little Johnny: "Mr Smith, why does Mary have two fathers?"....Mr Smith: "Squirrel!"

From the link:

Counselors ARE teachers more often than not. With school cutbacks, how many schools even HAVE counselors, especially at the K-8th level.

What of the teacher that IS gay. Are they not allowed to say that they are? Violation of free speech don't you think?

Any school I've encountered have had separate counselors, even in the grade schools. If it's the case where a teacher is also a counselor then that would need to be addressed. If the child talked to the teacher outside of the classroom situation and in a counselor setting I should think this wouldn't be a problem. I don't know the exact wording of the bill, do you?

Why would a teacher go around talking about their preference of sexual partners to a bunch of children??? :eek: Remember, we're talking up to age 13 here. And what difference does it make who someone (adult) sleeps with? It's no one elses business.

From the link:

Any school I've encountered have had separate counselors, even in the grade schools. If it's the case where a teacher is also a counselor then that would need to be addressed. If the child talked to the teacher outside of the classroom situation and in a counselor setting I should think this wouldn't be a problem. I don't know the exact wording of the bill, do you?

Why would a teacher go around talking about their preference of sexual partners to a bunch of children??? :eek: Remember, we're talking up to age 13 here. And what difference does it make who someone (adult) sleeps with? It's no one elses business.

So you didn't know which of your teachers was married or had kids? Really? My teachers often brought their spouses to school events. Yours didn't?

It's a stupid, backwards law that doesn't belong in the 21st century. Do you think these kids don't watch Glee or listen to Lady Gaga?

Backwards law for backwards thinking folks. Sad...

Some would say the same about illiterate racist fuckwits.
Perversion has nothing to do with race. Equating gay with race is an excuse when you know it is wrong. Gay is a perversion period.

Only simpletons think this is a comparison between gay and race. It is a comparison of discrimination vs discrimination.

(BTW...the women's rights movement wasn't a comparison of sex vs. race either...it was discrimination vs discrimination)

You're right only a simpleton would compare your struggle to have your sin recognized as a okay to the struggle blacks endured to be recognized as human beings. Which is why we make fun of gays who do so.

From the link:

Counselors ARE teachers more often than not. With school cutbacks, how many schools even HAVE counselors, especially at the K-8th level?

What of the teacher that IS gay? Are they not allowed to say that they are? Violation of free speech don't you think?

The Court has LONG held the opinion that teachers and students are limited in their first amendment rights while at school functions. You don't want Christians praying out loud do you?

So you didn't know which of your teachers was married or had kids? Really? My teachers often brought their spouses to school events. Yours didn't?

It's a stupid, backwards law that doesn't belong in the 21st century. Do you think these kids don't watch Glee or listen to Lady Gaga?

What? I'll compare again. Our students know which teachers are Christians and which aren't, but they aren't allowed to talk about such at school.

A teacher being married or not vs. discussing one's preference for sleeping partner isn't the same thing. And if a heterosexual teacher talked about their preference of sexual partners to a bunch of children I'd be just as outraged.

The bolded . . . . that, right there, is a big part of the problem. A 12 year old is still a child and shouldn't be watching Glee, which frequently has more adult storylines. Again this falls into the 'lack of parenting by parents' category. Seems to be what many parents do these days. You're right . . . it is quite sad.

You're right only a simpleton would compare your struggle to have your sin recognized as a okay to the struggle blacks endured to be recognized as human beings. Which is why we make fun of gays who do so.

There you have it, folks...an attempt to have civil law regulate what some religion determines is wrong...even tho it is between consenting law-abiding, tax-paying citizens. Who will they determine is "sinful" next?

There you have it, folks...an attempt to have civil law regulate what some religion determines is wrong...even tho it is between consenting law-abiding, tax-paying citizens. Who will they determine is "sinful" next?

Incorrect. I don't wish to see your perversion regulated. I merely stated that it shouldn't be taught as okay in school.

Let me ask you THIS. Should a school get to choose to teach that being gay is wrong?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

A teacher being married or not vs. discussing one's preference for sleeping partner isn't the same thing. And if a heterosexual teacher talked about their preference of sexual partners to a bunch of children I'd be just as outraged.

The bolded . . . . that, right there, is a big part of the problem. A 12 year old is still a child and shouldn't be watching Glee, which frequently has more adult storylines. Again this falls into the 'lack of parenting by parents' category. Seems to be what many parents do these days. You're right . . . it is quite sad.

You've hit the nail on the head. What they want is for parents to abdicate ANY responsibility in raising their children to the schools. That way the state can program everyone's children to believe whatever the state wants them to.

wow... racist *and* homophobic.

you've got issues.

Nothing racist in the comment. Nor necessarily homophobic.

Want to try again?

I see no mention of race, and calling aberrant behavior aberrant behavior is just logic and fact and the truth. Homophobic is a word you lefties like to sling around like it matters.

Normal is normal. Abnormal ain't. Simple fact.

racist in that particular comment? no. but he's one of our board racists. i'd think you'd know that. he proudly makes every thread of his an opportunity to bash those of what he considers "lesser races"

so no, i wouldn't want to try again.

normal is what's found in nature. homosexuality is found in nature and is normal for approximately 10% of the population.

perhaps YOU would like to try again instead of defending racist homophobes.

The reasoning behind the animal homosexuality theory can be summed up as follows:

- Homosexual behavior is observable in animals.
- Animal behavior is determined by their instincts.
- Nature requires animals to follow their instincts.
- Therefore, homosexuality is in accordance with animal nature.
- Since man is also animal, homosexuality must also be in accordance with human nature.

This line of reasoning is unsustainable. If seemingly "homosexual" acts among animals are in accordance with animal nature, then parental killing of offspring and intra-species devouring are also in accordance with animal nature.

Bringing man into the equation complicates things further. Are we to conclude that filicide and cannibalism are according to human nature?

In opposition to this line of reasoning, this article sustains that:

• There is no "homosexual instinct" in animals,
  • It is poor science to "read" human motivations and sentiments into animal behavior, and
  • Irrational animal behavior is not a yardstick to determine what is morally acceptable behavior for rational man.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Forum List

Back