Tennessee drag ban is unconstitutional, federal judge rules

People concerned with the welfare of children have posted MANY pics and videos of Drag queens dressed inappropriately, wearing long penile pseudo-tails in front of them while encouraging children to stroke them, dry humping each other on stage and any of a number of behaviors clearly unsuitable for children.

The leftists here SUPPORT that and want to give the drag queens carte blanche to engage in these and other activities with children.

My only question is whether our resident leftists support the kiddie drag shows despite this behavior or because of it?

The Trump trash could care less about children. In Kansas, they want to peak at young women's genitals. Republicans are the perverts.

No problem.
For the record, being a Tennessean. I am disappointed in the judge's ruling. Whether the legislation was craftily written or not, it's intent was to keep children from lewd performances where women, fake women, impersonators are disrobing or doing sexually suggestive acts in front of children. I think the speaker is hoping the AG will appeal. I am hoping the law will be re-written in such a way to work as intended. I have nothing against the fund-raising comical drag shows of old, but actually stripping and doing lewd performances in front of children is indeed wrong.

The only thing that is lewd is Trump supporters. The Trumpies are definitely disappointed. They want to legislate how we think.

I was pretty sure that Tenn. jumped the shark on this one. The wording too vague, and the intent too obvious. Of note, the Judge was appointed by Trump~

A federal judge has struck down a Tennessee law that banned drag shows in public or where children could watch them is unconstitutional, writing that the measure was passed “for the impermissible purpose of chilling constitutionally-protected speech.”
In his ruling issued Friday, U.S. District Judge Thomas Parker wrote that the law violates First Amendment freedom of speech protections and was “unconstitutionally vague and substantially overbroad.”

The law, which Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) signed in March, would have criminalized “adult cabaret entertainment,” punishing first-time offenders with misdemeanors. Repeat offenders could face felony charges and prison sentences of up to six years if convicted.
AA1c4Y3k.img
How is a man dressing like a woman speech?

The only thing that is lewd is Trump supporters. The Trumpies are definitely disappointed. They want to legislate how we think.
I don't mean to be a prude, but have had to take down pics on here from a pride/trans parade. They can be lewd and indecent, though I am aware many are not. I have no problem with the male beauty reviews, that used to be done for charity fund raising back in the day, that often included city officials, politicos, even military.
If it lewd adult entertainment, I still don't believe kids should be allowed to attend. Last year it came up and there was some sort of local pride day, where that night there was going to be one that was expected to be adult oriented. The community, local city and county officials, and clergy came together to move the venue to the civic center from private business, and ban kids from attending, and posted law enforcement to make sure kids were not allowed in, but nobody charged or arrested or anything like that.

How is a man dressing like a woman speech?

oh dear - do you actually think that 'freedom of speech' literally means

JUST 'freedom of SPEECH'?

how is a 'man' waving a confederate flag down main street USA, speech?

I was pretty sure that Tenn. jumped the shark on this one. The wording too vague, and the intent too obvious. Of note, the Judge was appointed by Trump~

A federal judge has struck down a Tennessee law that banned drag shows in public or where children could watch them is unconstitutional, writing that the measure was passed “for the impermissible purpose of chilling constitutionally-protected speech.”
In his ruling issued Friday, U.S. District Judge Thomas Parker wrote that the law violates First Amendment freedom of speech protections and was “unconstitutionally vague and substantially overbroad.”

The law, which Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) signed in March, would have criminalized “adult cabaret entertainment,” punishing first-time offenders with misdemeanors. Repeat offenders could face felony charges and prison sentences of up to six years if convicted.
AA1c4Y3k.img
The fact that a court has to tell adults that they can or cannot sexualize small children says that America has list its moral compass

Last edited:
People concerned with the welfare of children have posted MANY pics and videos of Drag queens dressed inappropriately, wearing long penile pseudo-tails in front of them while encouraging children to stroke them, dry humping each other on stage and any of a number of behaviors clearly unsuitable for children.

The leftists here SUPPORT that and want to give the drag queens carte blanche to engage in these and other activities with children.

My only question is whether our resident leftists support the kiddie drag shows despite this behavior or because of it?

They also getting a lot of support from faux 'libertarians' on the right. It's not just left wing sociopaths who obviously want fuck little boys.

"NAMBLA" logic - an extreme absolutist position which demands that for logical consistencies sake that certain gross crimes be allowed, in order that no one might feel restrained."

Stirling S. Newberry

A real libertarian's take on outliers and freaks:

Every society has a right to fix the fundamental principles of its association, and to say to all individuals, that if they contemplate pursuits beyond the limits of these principles and involving dangers which the society chooses to avoid, they must go somewhere else for their exercise; that we want no citizens, and still less ephemeral and pseudo-citizens, on such terms. We may exclude them from our territory, as we do persons infected with disease.

Thomas Jefferson to William H. Crawford, 1816

Deporting these vermin is the correct action for the govt.

Last edited:
Why the push among drag queens to be around children? Should we let male and female strippers around children? All are adult entertainment and should for adults.

I support drag queens’ rights to entertain and be protected without harassment. Given the push among drag queen activists to be around children, it screams “grooming” to me. I’d feel the exact same should I see a bunch of strippers pushing to read to elementary and middle school boys…. A form of grooming.

Why the push among drag queens to be around children? Should we let male and female strippers around children? All are adult entertainment and should for adults.

I support drag queens’ rights to entertain and be protected without harassment. Given the push among drag queen activists to be around children, it screams “grooming” to me. I’d feel the exact same should I see a bunch of strippers pushing to read to elementary and middle school boys…. A form of grooming.
What you just said would have been considered mainstream Democrat 10 or 15 years ago.

Today, you get called "far right" by the leftist proles for saying the same thing.

Drag queens are entertainers. They’re colorful, gregarious and effusive.

You assume they’re inherently sexual. They aren’t.

Forum List

Back